Hashimoto's (Autoimmune Diseases) And Peat Protocol

Parsifal

narouz said:
post 13540
Isadora said:
narouz, that is simply being "loud"... Americans tend to be meek and loud, if you want. Loudly unaware of their meekness. What a pity!

"Loudly meek Americans."
Hmmm....
Food for thought...food for thought.... :roll:
narouz, how do you feel now? Did your Hashimoto improved?

Last edited by a moderator:

narouz

Parsifal said:
post 110104
narouz said:
post 13540
Isadora said:
narouz, that is simply being "loud"... Americans tend to be meek and loud, if you want. Loudly unaware of their meekness. What a pity!

"Loudly meek Americans."
Hmmm....
Food for thought...food for thought.... :roll:
narouz, how do you feel now? Did your Hashimoto improved?

I had forgotten about Isadora.
Boy, she brought so much joy to Charlie's heart...
It's a good question, Pars!
I guess first thing is to note that,
though I was diagnosed by a regular doctor as having Hashimoto's,
Peat, as I understand him, would probably not concur--
he thinks mainstream medicine misunderstands the condition,
and this misconstruction they call Hashimoto's.

Over these last few years, since discovering Peat,
my thyroid function has be erratic.
I think I may be kinda an oddball case.
I don't have time to offer a summary just now,
but suffice to say that lately I've been turning over a lot of new leaves,
and will report about it before long.
(I do generally go along with Peat's vision of how to improve thyroid function.
I just say "generally" because...me=oddball case, I think.... :) )

Matty D

Hey guys I have to say I greatly improved with Hashi's on Peat's protocol. Another piece in the puzzle was breathing exercises to get my CO2 levels up.

I did a daily sessions of 3 cycles of 2 minutes hyperventilation (active in-breath strong through mouth, passive out breath - just release it out) and after each round of the 2 minutes I followed with breath hold. Then I followed up with another cycle of hyoerventilation, plus breath hold and as many push ups as possible.

I noticed very dramatic improvements with my health and I attribute this to the increase circulating CO2 after the breath hold. I learned the method through Wim Hof a crazy yogi from the Netherlands. He does an online course and He is very kind.

Agent207

Matty D said:
post 110244 Hey guys I have to say I greatly improved with Hashi's on Peat's protocol. Another piece in the puzzle was breathing exercises to get my CO2 levels up.

Is there any Peat protocol por Hashi's?

narouz

Agent207 said:
post 110422
Matty D said:
post 110244 Hey guys I have to say I greatly improved with Hashi's on Peat's protocol. Another piece in the puzzle was breathing exercises to get my CO2 levels up.

Is there any Peat protocol por Hashi's?

Like I say above,
and maybe I'm mistaken about this but,
I don't think Peat agrees with that Hashimoto's exists
in the way it is typically described.
So...hard for Peat to have a protocol for Hashi's if he doesn't believe Hashi's exists.

Now, as far as his views on how to fix poor thyroid function--yeah,
he has much to say on that score,
and it is all the stuff we always talk about here:
PUFA avoidance, red light, optimal diet, etc.

Agent207

narouz said:
Like I say above,
and maybe I'm mistaken about this but,
I don't think Peat agrees with that Hashimoto's exists
in the way it is typically described.
So...hard for Peat to have a protocol for Hashi's if he doesn't believe Hashi's exists.

Now, as far as his views on how to fix poor thyroid function--yeah,
he has much to say on that score,
and it is all the stuff we always talk about here:
PUFA avoidance, red light, optimal diet, etc.
Giraffe said:
post 110430
Agent207 said:
post 110422 Is there any Peat protocol por Hashi's?
See this post 105042 post.

Thx Giraffe; I had already read on of those interviews; after ready the other one, things are more clear but stll have some doubts regarding Hashimotos. When its said to Peat not believe on autoinmune thyroiditis, that means he thinks the elevated antobodies are the response to elevated TSH? This is, the root of the problem is elevated TSH -becouse reduced thyroid hormones- exhausting the thyroid to produce more and causing antibodies to rise?

Has always to be this way? Can't be some conditions where it may be the opposite? TSH rising as result of elevated antibodies -i.e. the inmune system overloaded by external stress sources- and making thyroid function sluggish??

Narouz when I say Hashimoto, I meant elevated antibodies. And while those things seem OK for preventing or even help to reverse the condition, I doubt they are enough to totally reverse it by themselves,

narouz

Agent207 said:
Narouz when I say Hashimoto, I meant elevated antibodies. And while those things seem OK for preventing or even help to reverse the condition, I doubt they are enough to totally reverse it by themselves,

I think Peat doubts that the antibodies represent the supposed immune-system-attacking-its-own-body premise.
I don't think he asks for the antibodies lab test when advising someone about thyroid issues.

Agent207

narouz said:
I think Peat doubts that the antibodies represent the supposed immune-system-attacking-its-own-body premise.
I don't think he asks for the antibodies lab test when advising someone about thyroid issues.

RP: "When TSH is too high for a long time, it causes inflammation in the gland, and the antibodies are in reaction to that"

What Im trying to understand so... aren't there cases with low TSH <1 and antibodies elevated? And cases with high TSH values and no antibodies above normal?
What about those?

narouz

Agent207 said:
post 110563
narouz said:

RP: "When TSH is too high for a long time, it causes inflammation in the gland, and the antibodies are in reaction to that"

What Im trying to understand so... aren't there cases with low TSH <1 and antibodies elevated? And cases with high TSH values and no antibodies above normal?
What about those?

These are good questions, Agent207.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to be of much help.
I have only a dim understanding how to interpret all the possible permutations of lab values pertaining to thyroid.
I'm still trying to sort those things out in understanding my own thyroid issues.
But in general Peat doesn't look at thyroid issues like mainstream medicine.
For instance, I don't think he puts much stock in free T3 or free T4 values--
he prefers the total T4 and T3, if I'm not mistaken.
And while mainstream docs don't like to see TSH get too low,
Peat prefers to see it "as close to zero" as possible, generally.

There are radio interviews with Peat I haven't listened to,
the East/West one I think.
I'm need to listen to that and see if I can get a better understanding of how Peat interprets tests.

Giraffe

Agent207 said:
post 110545 When its said to Peat not believe on autoinmune thyroiditis, that means he thinks the elevated antobodies are the response to elevated TSH? This is, the root of the problem is elevated TSH -becouse reduced thyroid hormones- exhausting the thyroid to produce more and causing antibodies to rise?
How I understand it is: A high TSH causes inflammation. Antibodies are part of the repair process. High TSH, too much iodine, too little selenium... there are many possible triggers...

I don't remember which radio interview it was... Ray Peat said that he doesn't pay attention to antibodies, their presence was just a sign that the immune system has taken up its job, removing debris.

Ray Peat said:
Stress produces a variety of cellular changes, including the production of the "shock proteins." These proteins can make up 20% of the cell's total protein content. In themselves, the shock proteins are immunosuppressive. They can be recognized by the immune system as antigens, and so are a factor in the appearance of "autoimmune" antibodies. The autoantibodies themselves are often blamed for the diseases they are sometimes associated with, but since they can be present (for example, following removal of the spleen) in people who have no symptoms, their function is probably to facilitate the removal of tissues which are defective for some other reason. The shock proteins could be one of the signals that activate the immune system to remove damaged tissue, and they might be involved in the removal of senescent cells, though I don't think any experiments have been done to test this idea. Immunodeficiency, dioxins, stress, and the hormones

One Radio Interview from 4 Dec 2013
post 60540 RP: So-called, most of the autoimmune antibodies are part of the recovery process. Any time you injure a tissue, the immune system will try to eat up the junk, it will treat the tissue like it’s been infected. So that’s why they started calling it Thyroiditis.

Agent207

Giraffe what's your thought about scenarios where TSH is low (<1) are antibodies are elevated?

Matty D

Matty D said:
post 110244 Hey guys I have to say I greatly improved with Hashi's on Peat's protocol.
:lol:

Sorry guys - let's say I experimented with some of Dr. Peat's suggestions and recommendations... :idea:

“Authoritarians talk about protocols, but the only valid ‘protocol’ would be something like ‘perceive, think, act.’” — Raymond Peat, PhD

:hattip

tara

Matty D said:
post 110627
Matty D said:
post 110244 Hey guys I have to say I greatly improved with Hashi's on Peat's protocol.
:lol:

Sorry guys - let's say I experimented with some of Dr. Peat's suggestions and recommendations... :idea:

“Authoritarians talk about protocols, but the only valid ‘protocol’ would be something like ‘perceive, think, act.’” — Raymond Peat, PhD

:hattip
:)

MommaBear

I have had low tsh and still haf tpo antibodies. They were lower than usual but still showing up. I believe my daughter did as well. Her doc doesn't give me a copy of labs so I don't recall exactly.

We have had to raise our desiccated thyroid very high (90 MG 3x a day) to get results of better energy and body Temps increased. And moods settle down. I had to find a source outside a doctor to dose myself since every single doc I went to said my hashimotos would turn into Graves and bulge my eyes out with too much thyroid. (Wtf?) Apparently anything over 90mg would do this. That dose was causing me Rt3 symptoms of heart Palps and panic attacks (Rt3 was over 600). I figure the low dose was causing my adrenals to freak out as I was in a crazy cycle (whatever that adrenal/pituitary/axis issue is)

Strangely (not really ) the pressure in my eyes stop when I am on enough thyroid. The panic stops. The heart pals stop. If I get these symptoms, I dose another pill. Or take some salt, as I am learning to Peat and wean myself off thyroid pills.

Myself and 4 of my kids have hashis. I suspect 2 more have it but haven't been to the doc about it yet. (My 4yo was suspect via behavior at age 2 but he was not able to deal with getting blood drawn.)

I don't think stress is the cause. Maybe a viral stress? I've read several topics that say epstein bar virus is suspect and it encapsulates itself in the thyroid. the antibodies are trying to get to it and clean it out. Idk. My 3rd child developed hashimotos encephalitis which caused strokes and seizures. Prednisone was a treatment and helped it stop. Supposedly thyroid antibodies attack the Brain? Doesnt make sense. Endocrinologist do not believe this exist. Neurologit's do. Hard to say what the deal is but the denial of the one doc nearly killed my girl and caused brain damage!

I figured I passed it on to my kids. Who knows.

Anyway. That's my story.

redlight

I have beeno. The aip diet for several weeks and my tpo came back at 545 which on the ray peat has been over 1000. The only thing i dont do on he aip is drink a lot of orange juice. The aip your suppose to eat under 20g fructose

koshko

Isadora
I read your post about cessation of smoking . I was diagnosed with Hashimoto few years after quitting.
I read that smoking masked underlying thyroid problems and it shows up once you quit smoking.
I have been following Ray Peat for last 3 years( strictly last 2 years), diagnosed 6 years ago. According to RP most hashimoto diagnosis are not correct. Increase in antibody often happen due to increase in estrogen. Interestingly Nicotine is a major
anti-estrogen( aromatase inhibitor). I read about Dr K's suggestions and many other online health expert's blogs.
I had huge improvement only after i started following Ray Peat. His writing is complicated, not easy to absorb. It is a continuous task. But he has been right about everything. New to this forum and hope to learn more.
Mittir
Hello, i am new here. I have been diagnosed with hashimoto thyroiditis. I am heavy smoker, planning to quit smoking but always worried about the side effects or stress that quitting might cause. Do you have any ray peat suggestions on how to quit smoking safely? and lowering antibodies or inflammation of the gland.
Thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals