Eating The Whole Animal Back In The Days Containing Gluten And PUFA

Bodhi

Back in the days when people used to eat the whole animal they where also eating animal stomach's ...

Containing foods and even little birds with nuts, seeds and grains in their stomach's ...

So what i like to put forward since there is so much fuss about gluten and how we were not exposed to this before bread came into the world, i'm wondering if primitive people where exposed to gluten and PUFA's because they seem to eat the whole animals...

Your thoughts on this please....

BastiFuntasty

The first Human used to live in Africa, from what I heard. Which means they had almost warm temperatures. So I think they probably had plenties of fruits and other stuff around, and did not have to hunt and consume large amounts of animals. Furthermore i really doubt that they ate the content of stomaches or guts or whatever.They possibly squeezed the bad stuff out and then just took the stomach itself or so. Who in hell whould eat vomit or even s***.

Back in the day people would also be eating the feces of other species left on fruit, animals and leaves.

Why don't you start eating feces?

Makrosky

Are you kidding us ?

Sorry Bodhi but I think your point is absurd. A little gluten/grains here and there can't create any big problems unless you're really allergic to that. You are supposing people were eating the stomach as it is. It was probably cleaned before consumption, as it should be obvious. Or do you think they were eating the pig intestines full of ***t, for instance ?

I think most of the people from only 60 years ago and backwards were very very sensitive to what foods did them good and which ones did them bad. They had very little stressors and distractions and their attention and body awareness was much more sharp. They probably knew better than us at an instinctive level what worked best and what not. That doesn't mean of course they could access the good foods all the time. But still they were probably very aware of that.

People from 5000 years ago developed really complex astronomical calculations, irrigation systems, engineering works (pyramids, zigurats, temples), diverse forms of complex art like jewelry, philosophy, etc. and do you think they were like animals eating ***t and dirt ? No, no no.

Stuart

Makrosky said:
Sorry Bodhi but I really think your point is kind of absurd. A little gluten/grains here and there can't create any big problems unless you're really allergic to that. You are supposing people were eating the stomach as it is. It was probably cleaned before consumption, as it should be obvious. Or do you think they were eating the pig intestines full of s***, for instance ?

What makes you think there's any s*** in an animals S.I.? It is eaten contents and all. So is the stomach. There is s*** in the colon, sure. So they would have scraped it out, rinsed it in the river, and eaten it along with everything else. Traditional living societies still do actually. We all eat liver after all. I'm sure all offal is palatable if you're used to it. Or if you are hungry.
Nothing is wasted, The parts of the animal that couldn't be digested are often used for other purposes.
That said, I don't think the small amounts of gluten they consumed from stomach contents of prey would have been a big part of their diet.
But the women particularly spend a great deal of time collecting grass seeds and nuts, eating the nuts raw , and grinding the grass seed with two rocks, and making simple breads. But by hand, collecting and processing grass seed is extremely labour intensive.
Many South American tribes do use nuts (for example brazil nuts) as a big part of their diet. But only at certain times of the year. Out of season, they had to look elsewhere.

Daimyo

Anyway, it seems like a very theoretical problem you have. Unless you are some sort of archeologist or paleo diet book author who cares what people 50.000 years have eaten? For all we know (not that much) we might have been created 6000 years ago. God could put some fossils in different layers of the soil just to **** with us.

Just check and use what works for you and discard what not...

Makrosky

Stuart said:
Makrosky said:
Sorry Bodhi but I really think your point is kind of absurd. A little gluten/grains here and there can't create any big problems unless you're really allergic to that. You are supposing people were eating the stomach as it is. It was probably cleaned before consumption, as it should be obvious. Or do you think they were eating the pig intestines full of s***, for instance ?

What makes you think there's any s*** in an animals S.I.? It is eaten contents and all. So is the stomach. There is s*** in the colon, sure. So they would have scraped it out, rinsed it in the river, and eaten it along with everything else. Traditional living societies still do actually. We all eat liver after all. I'm sure all offal is palatable if you're used to it. Or if you are hungry.
Nothing is wasted, The parts of the animal that couldn't be digested are often used for other purposes.
That said, I don't think the small amounts of gluten they consumed from stomach contents of prey would have been a big part of their diet.
But the women particularly spend a great deal of time collecting grass seeds and nuts, eating the nuts raw , and grinding the grass seed with two rocks, and making simple breads. But by hand, collecting and processing grass seed is extremely labour intensive.
Many South American tribes do use nuts (for example brazil nuts) as a big part of their diet. But only at certain times of the year. Out of season, they had to look elsewhere.

Stuart, I think you missunderstood me.

What I wanted to state is precisely what you said : They were cleaning/preparing the animal parts before consumption, so for instance, there was no fecal matter (***t) left in the intestines.

Makrosky

Daimyo said:
Anyway, it seems like a very theoretical problem you have. Unless you are some sort of archeologist or paleo diet book author who cares what people 50.000 years have eaten? For all we know (not that much) we might have been created 6000 years ago. God could put some fossils in different layers of the soil just to f*** with us.

Just check and use what works for you and discard what not...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thumbs up.

Stuart

Daimyo said:
Anyway, it seems like a very theoretical problem you have. Unless you are some sort of archeologist or paleo diet book author who cares what people 50.000 years have eaten? For all we know (not that much) we might have been created 6000 years ago. God could put some fossils in different layers of the soil just to f*** with us.

Not sure whether you're joking. At least I hope you're joking :(
I think it's a fair enough question. Isn't he actually using his brain to work out what's a good idea?

Stuart

Makrosky said:

What I wanted to state is precisely what you said : They were cleaning/preparing the animal parts before consumption, so for instance, there was no fecal matter (s***) left in the intestines.

Fair enough. Except I don't think the OP mentioned 'fecal matter'. Wasn't he referring to stomach contents?
Until the colon, everything is eaten. No cleaning required.

Look I think you're all distorting the idea completely. Nobody ever suggested eating fecal matter did they?

The gluten content of natural grains cannot be compared I think to what we have today, by a long shot.

Makrosky

Stuart said:
Makrosky said:

What I wanted to state is precisely what you said : They were cleaning/preparing the animal parts before consumption, so for instance, there was no fecal matter (s***) left in the intestines.

Fair enough. Except I don't think the OP mentioned 'fecal matter'. Wasn't he referring to stomach contents?
Until the colon, everything is eaten. No cleaning required.

Look I think you're all distorting the idea completely. Nobody ever suggested eating fecal matter did they?

LOL. Maybe I have very poor english skills ? Could be, it's not my mother tongue.

Let me rephrase what I wanted to say :
I'm pretty sure ancient people (or 80 years ago people in my country, for the matter) didn't eat stomach contents when eating the animal stomach. I've seen it with my own eyes when I was a kid that when killing animals they emptied the stomach. I can still remember the image and smell of a opened up cow stomach full of grass. They weren't eating it like one eats a stuffed chicken!!! They clean it. Later on the paragraph, I wanted to put an example to make my point even more clear: They weren't eating stomach contents just as they were probably not eating the fecal matter content of the colon.

I don't know how to make myself more understandable. Sorry.

Makrosky

Such_Saturation said:
The gluten content of natural grains cannot be compared I think to what we have today, by a long shot.

Agree. Plus today gluten is probably chemically different because of GMO's and Roundup and all that ***t.

FredSonoma

According to Jeff Leach, who is currently living with the Hadza, one of the last known existing hunter-gatherer tribes, when the Hadza kill an animal they use the stomach contents to disinfect their hands. Then they eat the stomach raw, the liver raw, and they push the poop out of the large intestine, roast it for a minute, and then eat it.

I'm curious what the PUFA content of these animals is though. Many hunter gatherer populations are known to eat the bone marrow raw after a kill - bone marrow is richer in PUFA than other fat deposits on cows, so I wonder what it would be like in a gazelle or something.

Stuart

FredSonoma said:
According to Jeff Leach, who is currently living with the Hadza, one of the last known existing hunter-gatherer tribes, when the Hadza kill an animal they use the stomach contents to disinfect their hands. Then they eat the stomach raw, the liver raw, and they push the poop out of the large intestine, roast it for a minute, and then eat it.

I'm curious what the PUFA content of these animals is though. Many hunter gatherer populations are known to eat the bone marrow raw after a kill - bone marrow is richer in PUFA than other fat deposits on cows, so I wonder what it would be like in a gazelle or something.

And the brain. Don't forget the raw brain. I'll never forget a journalist's account of joining a Hadza baboon hunting party, and afterwards, they passed the skull around, dipping their hands in it to get a handful of raw brain. He said it was the best protein he'd ever eaten. Brain tissue is very high in pufas too - even higher than bone marrow. But i guess when it's shared amongst the whole tribe Individuals don't exactly pig out on pufa.

I also remember an American woman (who helped Jeff Leach in one of his Hadza Land field trips) describing eating Baobab pulp as like eating 'slightly sweet chalk'. I've eaten baobab. She's spot on about the lack of sweetness.

Blinkyrocket

Stuart said:
Daimyo said:

I think it's a fair enough question. Isn't he actually using his brain to work out what's a good idea?
Carbon dating is a joke, it's also invented by people who WANT to prove that the world is somehow very, very old... What's the difference between believing that and believing that all the overwhleming evidence for PUFA is manufactured?

Stuart

Blinkyrocket said:
Stuart said:
Daimyo said:

Carbon dating is a joke, it's also invented by people who WANT to prove that the world is somehow very, very old... What's the difference between believing that and believing that all the overwhleming evidence for PUFA is manufactured?
Blinky, can I ask you how old you are?
It's all good. I noticed.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Daimyo said:
God could put some fossils in different layers of the soil just to f*** with us.

Haven't you read? :D

"Three Earth Ages"

jyb

Well if you eating the whole animal and not just the inside of the stomach, and its a ruminant, then you are deriving your energy from saturated fats just like when eating dairy. Not from the small proportion of pufa nor gluten.

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

cantstoppeating said:
Back in the day people would also be eating the feces of other species left on fruit, animals and leaves.

Why don't you start eating feces?

Why don't you get banned of this forum?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals