Eating 12 Fried Eggs A Day

OP
Yolama

Yolama

I am more confused than ever by your responses. Are all PUFA's really bad? What about high quality non-rancid fish oils? Are they a joke?
What do you guys eat then? What would be a cheap diet based on Ray Peat's teachings? I am all about experimenting.

redsun

I am more confused than ever by your responses. Are all PUFA's really bad? What about high quality non-rancid fish oils? Are they a joke?
What do you guys eat then? What would be a cheap diet based on Ray Peat's teachings? I am all about experimenting.

Ground beef, chicken(without skin), limiting eggs to a few a day for protein. Some sort of dairy if you can tolerate it and it is affordable. Fruit juice is good but usually pricey. Fruits are good depending on the fruit. Starch is okay as a staple for carbs for affordability in your case. And they are right all PUFA is still PUFA regardless of the source.

tara

What about high quality non-rancid fish oils?
For some of Peat's views:
The Great Fish Oil Experiment
and other articles on fats and oils here:
Ray Peat

There are threads with people saying what they eat, and it varies quite a bit.
Keeping PUFA fairly through to very low is a common theme.

Peat favours milk for people who are not allergic etc.

You can fry eggs in coconut oil, or poach them, to reduce the olive oil.

If it were me, I' probably try to vary the eggs with some other foods.

sunraiser

Remember this is all in theory. It's very different in practice.

My grandad lived into his 90s while eating smoked salmon and other fatty fish like mackerel regularly.

I personally eat similar fish relatively regularly with no adverse effects. They're also pretty much unparalleled sources of magnesium.

OP
Yolama

Yolama

Always thought omega 3's were a powerful anti oxidant which prevented cancer, Ray Peat says otherwise... I don't know man... Fish oils are scam then? Omega 3's aren't essential? People saying they stop getting sick after consuming fish oils regularly are just experiencing placebo effect? Also, olive oils are unhealthy now? Aren't they a staple in the Mediterranean diet which is considered one of the most healthiest diets in the world?

@redsun thoughts on whey protein?

redsun

Always thought omega 3's were a powerful anti oxidant which prevented cancer, Ray Peat says otherwise... I don't know man... Fish oils are scam then? Omega 3's aren't essential? People saying they stop getting sick after consuming fish oils regularly are just experiencing placebo effect? Also, olive oils are unhealthy now? Aren't they a staple in the Mediterranean diet which is considered one of the most healthiest diets in the world?

Whey is incredibly high in tryptophan, casein isnt as bad.

Omega 3, Omega 6, doesnt matter. All PUFA should be minimized or eliminated completely if possible. Stick to saturated fat oils and if you cant it is best to avoid oils. Fish oils are a scam. Not too mention fish is a good food for a million other reasons, not the omega 3s...

ExCarniv

Drop eggs to half
Add ground beef, potatoes, orange juice (store bought, pulp free with no additives/vitamins is ok) and milk (pasteurized is ok, preferably with no added vitamins)

Eggs
Ground beef
Orange juice
Milk
Potatoes

All very affordable and you cover more micronutrients than only eggs.

schultz

After a few days, I began having chronic soreness in my joints like I had rheumatism. After stopping the egg consumption, my joint pain went away. It may have been the high levels of arachidonic acid in the egg yolks, which promoted inflammation.

Sore joints? Sounds like you tanked your estrogen broh :cool Isn't that the popular theory around here? lol

You should consider reading Ray's articles as it will give you perspective and help you decide for yourself if you think something is worth avoiding or not. So instead of thinking of it as "Ray says this is bad, but mainstream says it's good" you can try and figure out why he thinks it's bad, or good, or whatever and at the same time you should try and figure out why mainstream science thinks something is good or bad.

I, or some other person on the forum, could explain to you why PUFA, both n-6 and n-3, are not ideal, but wouldn't you rather get it straight from Ray? This way it is not distorted.

Unsaturated fatty acids: Nutritionally essential, or toxic?

The simple answer regarding the omega-3 is that yes they are anti-inflammatory, because they compete with omega-6's for the COX enzyme. In the long run they are immune suppressive. They break down extremely quickly in the body, to things like aldehydes (acrolein for example), because they are so unstable (they are more stable in a fish living in cold water vs a warm blooded mammal like a human... interestingly, dolphins, who are warm blooded, can get diabetes, presumably from eating fish higher in PUFA... they ain't eating sugar that's for sure )

DaveFoster

Sore joints? Sounds like you tanked your estrogen broh :cool Isn't that the popular theory around here? lol
I could not afford tests at the time. Subjects in ketosis have higher circulating cortisol levels, which may point to an even higher burden of inflammation on my body at that time.

..You should consider to read a lot from Chris Masterjohn,who is fairly recent and has deeper knowledge of nutrition.
Peat is around 80 years old and his formative years were shaped by an era of very low informational density.
they didnt have data.
Please,stay away from dairy,Oj,and other junkfood.
Consider to only soft-boil your eggs,no frying,and even the cheapest meat,if still fresh,like groundmeats,
and no fantasy-foods like whey.

baccheion

Added DHA is said to help offset a higher n-6:n-3 ratio. Like from a can of tuna. Or a DHA supplement. 4:1 DHA:EPA.

The Ray Peat point of view would also suggest a high amount of vitamin E.

A 2 : 1 glycine : (methionine + cysteine + tryptophan) ratio is preferred, suggesting the addition of a gelatin supplement (not cheap).

Drop eggs to half
Add ground beef, potatoes, orange juice (store bought, pulp free with no additives/vitamins is ok) and milk (pasteurized is ok, preferably with no added vitamins)

Eggs
Ground beef
Orange juice
Milk
Potatoes

All very affordable and you cover more micronutrients than only eggs.

What if someone is APOE 4/3?

tara

... the addition of a gelatin supplement (not cheap)
Depending on what you have access to, bulk gelatin may well be cheaper than the protein in protein foods like meat, eggs, milk. You may be able to replace a little of those (though refined gelatine is not a whole food).
Another option is cooking gelatinous joints for soups or stews.

baccheion

Depending on what you have access to, bulk gelatin may well be cheaper than the protein in protein foods like meat, eggs, milk. You may be able to replace a little of those (though refined gelatine is not a whole food).
Another option is cooking gelatinous joints for soups or stews.
What's a source of cheaper and good-quality gelatin?

tara

What's a source of cheaper and good-quality gelatin?
I've use Now beef gelatin powder. I ccan't speak to the quality, other than to say I wasn't aware of a problem.

Lizb

..You should consider to read a lot from Chris Masterjohn,who is fairly recent and has deeper knowledge of nutrition.
Peat is around 80 years old and his formative years were shaped by an era of very low informational density.
they didnt have data.
Consider to only soft-boil your eggs,no frying,and even the cheapest meat,if still fresh,like groundmeats,
What's wrong with orange juice and milk?

Herbie

they didnt have data.

LOL Masterjohn is a school boy compared to Peat. Peat hasn’t stopped researching, he is always reading, always double checking, he didn't come to conclusions 50 years ago...

LOL Masterjohn is a school boy compared to Peat. Peat hasn’t stopped researching, he is always reading, always double checking, he didn't come to conclusions 50 years ago...

True.
I still maintain that Masterjohn has more thorough grasp on high detail,micro-Nutrition Information,
there was a paucity of data all along Peats formative years,Human Genome Project was around his retirement age.
Newer generations just had proper Information at hand and can look up every hunch they have,and theorize anew.

Herbie

True.
I still maintain that Masterjohn has more thorough grasp on high detail,micro-Nutrition Information,
there was a paucity of data all along Peats formative years,Human Genome Project was around his retirement age.
Newer generations just had proper Information at hand and can look up every hunch they have,and theorize anew.

Listen to ALL of the politics and science interviews with Peat.

He is an OG biologist and of course doesn’t agree with gene theory.

Listen to ALL of the politics and science interviews with Peat.

He is an OG biologist and of course doesn’t agree with gene theory.

I think you misunderstood him a little.I believe he isnt buying the prevailing narrative in regards to health,
that purported,but not found sickness genes are resonsible for the never-ending ailments of the populace,
but he isnt denying Gene-existence or Gene-activity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals