Serious Love For Milk

OP
Jib

Jib

Used to love milk as a child.
What is your muscle mass status?

I feel it's improved since I started milk again. I don't work out much, let alone do any bodybuilding though, and don't have a tape measure, so no real metric to go by.

This is exactly my diet right now. Not even drinking water anymore.

Same as OP, I avoided milk like the plague before.

Whats big about milk is that it's an easy way to ramp up your caloric intake to 3k cals and beyond. Also lots of micros and calcium of course.

Regarding digestive issues, here are my 2c:

never have more than 0,5l milk in one sitting. the more you spread the milk consumption, the better. this might account for liquid consumption in general, not sure. When I chuck down 1 liter in an hour I easily get diarrhea, still.

I am usually having around 0,4L L of OJ, then maybe half of that in milk, 1,5% fat. Also rinses your mouth from the acids. Every couple hours. Accounts for two thirds of my caloric intake probably.

quality of milk does seem to make a difference. From my experience, organic and fresh 1,5% milk is much easier to digest than milk that does not need to be refrigerated (not sure about the termini here in english), you get what I mean. I have access to organic local milk in glass bottles, non homogenized. Great stuff.

I'm not drinking water anymore either. And strangely enough, almost no juice. I just don't crave it anymore. Just about the only liquid my body craves is milk.

Gas is the big one for me. Strangely, the diarrhea I used to get just went away, even if I drink a quart of milk within a half an hour or so. I seem to handle about a pint (0.5 liter, roughly) the best, as you stated. I have a tall glass that's a pint, and I seem to tolerate milk best when I don't exceed that in one sitting.

Gotta start tracking how much milk I'm drinking, because I have no idea. Some days I probably have a half gallon or more. I've also come to really like Greek yogurt with honey or maple syrup. And I love cheese. But most of my dairy these days is just from regular whole milk. The yogurt and cheese are much smaller parts of my diet, though it depends on the day.

I've also been supplementing with at least 5mg of K2 daily. A nagging tooth pain I had went away over the past couple weeks of taking the K2 along with milk.

It makes me wonder how I got by all these years without dairy? And I was not in good health. I wonder if the body can store calcium and replenish some depleted reserves over time? Because I am drinking a lot of milk, and my body just seems to crave more and more. I think I've been in a really deficient state for a while now.

My mood and energy are starting to level out and improve gradually as the weeks of high dairy consumption continue. And I could not be more thrilled that I'm able to tolerate things like Greek yogurt again. I used to get congested, and get diarrhea, from dairy. I don't know if it's a result of my metabolism going up, but aside from occasional gas if I overdo it, I'm not really experiencing any problems.

If anything, the amount of diarrhea I have on a regular basis has plummeted to almost never. It used to be virtually a daily experience, multiple times a day, when I was at my worst. Like I just was not able to digest anything at all. Felt like I was dying.

I don't know if it's the calcium, the steady intake of easy to digest nutrients, or what, but I honestly feel like milk is saving my life. My calcium intake prior to this had to be close to zero, so I have no idea how many problems that could have been causing.

I'm an extremely anxious person, and milk helps with that too. I used to have an alcohol problem. I had a couple shots of vodka tonight to calm down, but just felt like it was not good for me, wasn't making me feel any better, and then I had a pint of milk and I felt better. I think a lot of it comes back to having a low metabolic rate, and high stress hormones, and milk effectively correcting those problems with all the calcium, saturated fat, milk sugars, and protein.

It's like life support. Crazy to think I avoided milk for well over a decade. And many people are biased against it as well. That's just crazy to me now. Most people also think that more than a single glass of milk in a day is "a lot." Most people would be frightened by the amount of milk I've been drinking, and it isn't even as extreme as some other people.

Good time to get over food phobias and just allow yourself to be nourished. If you crave the milk....drink it!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I've been nuking it in the microwave, and it seems to help. As much as I dislike microwaves, and I know they're supposedly unsafe, about 30 seconds for a pint gets it right around room temperature. Drinking ice cold milk seems to give me the most problems. Room temp or slightly warm is best for me.

Last edited:

baccheion

Fruit aids in milk digestion. Fructose and sucrose are also associated with increased LCT/lactase gene expression.

The body is much more receptive to milk (and bacteria count plummets) after a 36-hour (dry) fast. Break fast properly by first rehydrating with 2 liters at a rate of 1 tablespoon/minute (see rehydration formulas to know how much of the minerals and glucose to add).

milkboi

Fruit aids in milk digestion. Fructose and sucrose are also associated with increased LCT/lactase gene expression.

The body is much more receptive to milk (and bacteria count plummets) after a 36-hour (dry) fast. Break fast properly by first rehydrating with 2 liters at a rate of 1 tablespoon/minute (see rehydration formulas to know how much of the minerals and glucose to add).

Would you be so kind to point me to a source for the rehydration process after a dry fast?

schultz

These (COVID-19) days german supermarkets limit how much milk you can buy. :sleepy: I can only buy 3l at a time.

Canadian grocery stores were doing this too. I had to go to the store way more often just to get enough milk, which is what they don't want us doing because of COVID-19. Apparently this actually caused a milk surplus as people were not buying as much milk, probably because they could only buy a certain amount each trip and then they were also not going to the store as much because of the virus.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dairy-covid-19-1.5528331

baccheion

Would you be so kind to point me to a source for the rehydration process after a dry fast?
2 liters liquid at a rate of 1 tablespoon/minute. More important the longer a dry fast. What I mentioned to look up was a rehydrating formula used by hospitals. It has 20 grams glucose and some minerals, demonstrating appropriate ratios.

1 tablespoon/minute is also the rate at which water should be consumed during a water fast. Mix with saliva for 1 minute, as there isn't any glucose.

Last edited:

milkboi

Canadian grocery stores were doing this too. I had to go to the store way more often just to get enough milk, which is what they don't want us doing because of COVID-19. Apparently this actually caused a milk surplus as people were not buying as much milk, probably because they could only buy a certain amount each trip and then they were also not going to the store as much because of the virus.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dairy-covid-19-1.5528331

Probably could be solved by another state intervention. Maybe now you have to buy at least 2 l of milk if you want to be able to shop for other groceries?

milkboi

2 liters liquid at a rate of 1 tablespoon/minute. More important the longer a dry fast. What I mentioned to look up was a rehydrating formula used by hospitals. It has 20 grams glucose and some minerals, demonstrating appropriate ratios.

1 tablespoon/minute is also the rate at which water should be consumed during a water fast. Mix with saliva for 1 minute, as there isn't any glucose.

Thanks.

GreekDemiGod

I've had a very similar experience with reintroducing milk into my diet. It just feels so damn nourishing + I have nice stable energy throughout the day and I consistently get warm hands and feet from just plain, warm whole milk.
Too early to tell, but this is exactly my experience too.