Don't understand why people think Ray Peat died young

Peatress

Haha, yeah. Was raw vegan for a few months which lead up to a 3 week fast on mostly grapes & oranges, a handful of bananas, black walnut hulls in the morning, pumpkin seeds in the midday, and tequila + pineapple juice (the latter 3 are said to be anti-parasitic) in the evening while also taking the combined equivalent of 30 capsules of roots, leaves, and barks 3 times a day through herbal tinctures, pills, and as teas prepared from bulk bags.

Within 10 days I was able to kick some worms that were inhibiting some digestion/causing bloating and skin itchiness, but the final fungal fix wasn't until fasting on milk with 2 water enemas per day for a few weeks until running into symptoms of zinc deficiency. I also caused several cavities to pop up or worsen along with added tooth sensitivity during this time due to the nature of fruit and herbs kicking metals out through the saliva & gumline.

I never used any pharmaceutical grade antibiotics though, besides a handful of tries with methylene blue (and aspirin I guess I could add) to no positive outcome.

I even once used a vast combination of those same herbs mentioned above in the form of an enema, which basically gave me a huge lymphatic push but worsened food sensitivities greatly for many months afterwards. There's no shot that I'd put anything synthetic in the colon.

In any case, after eating conventional raw chicken left in a hot car for 10 days, fermented beef liver aged 3 weeks, raw milk kept in tepid water for 3 weeks, and eggs kept in hot conditions for 3 weeks just to find out that they digest better because of the added bacteria tells me that (total) sterilization of the small intestine is surely not the answer.
It's not that funny. I’m glad this works for you but please do not use it as an excuse to try to discredit decades of research and experimentation by Dr. Peat. Also point me to where Dr Peat talks about total sterilization of the small intestine. Lowering endotoxins is not the same as total sterilization. You have an issue with Dr Peat drinking coke because it’s “processed, & acidic.” I guess tequila is not very acidic nor is it processed?

SonOfEurope

So I'm 20 years old right now, all my grand parents are dead, the last one alive died when I was 15, the first one to go died when I was 8.

My Aunt died of a brain bleed at 39 years old. None of my grand parents lived to be Peats age, they all died in their 70's and early 80's. And they all had terrible suffering way before their deaths, cancer, brain bleed, pneumonia..

One of my grandparents was put on an oxygen machine because she couldn't breath herself, she was on it for 10 years before she finally died of pneumonia.

I'm just saying, Dr Peat didn't live to be super old, but it sure seems like he lived a better life than my grand parents, and it isn't always the length of years on this planet that counts, but the quality of those years instead.

Bruv I'm 31 right now....

Since I was your age time has flown by like you wouldn't imagine, before you know it you'll be 35 and looking back at it all in dismay.

Life is short, even if we knew we'd make it to 120 for sure in good health... damn dimension of time is a one linear direction.... make the best of it, live your life and enjoy every moment - challenges will present themselves and it will be up to you to decide which are a waste if time and not.

Ray Peat chose to use much of his time to enlighten us all and prevent suffering such as that of yoir relatives, therein lies the legacy of the man.

It's not that funny. I’m glad this works for you but please do not use it as an excuse to try to discredit decades of research and experimentation by Dr. Peat. Also point me to where Dr Peat talks about total sterilization of the small intestine. Lowering endotoxins is not the same as total sterilization. You have an issue with Dr Peat drinking coke because it’s “processed, & acidic.” I guess tequila is not very acidic nor is it processed?
My own experience of past experimentation is allowed to be comical to myself. Sheesh.

I'm not discrediting Peat's contributions, just surmising that there's an input = output to every biological mechanism. We wouldn't be having this discourse without his work after all, so believe me I'm not and would not put it down.

Coke has phosphoric acid added, which isn't exactly a bone friendly form of phosphorus.

"It's the context and interaction of the different bacteria and generally, the healthier a person is, the more sterile their small intestine is."

View: https://youtu.be/fsrUZvk7CjE

View: https://youtu.be/Z1uPnYGJUDo

Peatress

My own experience of past experimentation is allowed to be comical to myself. Sheesh.

I'm not discrediting Peat's contributions, just surmising that there's an input = output to every biological mechanism. We wouldn't be having this discourse without his work after all, so believe me I'm not and would not put it down.

Coke has phosphoric acid added, which isn't exactly a bone friendly form of phosphorus.

"It's the context and interaction of the different bacteria and generally, the healthier a person is, the more sterile their small intestine is."
‘The healthier a person is, the more sterile their small intestine is’ is not the same as total sterilisation. Plus the small intestine is only one part of the digestive track. You called Dr Peat “backwards thinking and masochistic” the exact opposite of who he is. Perhaps you describe yourself.

Birdie

‘The healthier a person is, the more sterile their small intestine is’ is not the same as total sterilisation. Plus the small intestine is only one part of the digestive track. You called Dr Peat “backwards thinking and masochistic” the exact opposite of who he is. Perhaps you describe yourself.
You're touching on something important about Ray. Most nutrition types seem to grab onto something like one study and then make announcements. Ray's way was different. When he explained things, he gave references to multiple studies as he went along. ...

You never saw him getting excited about a new study. And he carefully evaluated studies. He had the biochemical background to do that.

When he talked about Coke, he was aware of the phosphoric acid in it. But he weighed other ingredients before coming to a conclusion. Well, lots more, but it all made Ray more reliable than others.

"I'm not discrediting Peat's contributions" says a forum member. Haha.

‘The healthier a person is, the more sterile their small intestine is’ is not the same as total sterilisation.
To what end do you suppose that further sterilization goes if not seeking completion? You hear the idea was proposed clearly.
Plus the small intestine is only one part of the digestive track.
Yep, about 3/4s of it.
You called Dr Peat “backwards thinking and masochistic” the exact opposite of who he is. Perhaps you describe yourself.
To be fair, everyone thinks they're forward thinking until they suffer death, whether minor (such as a cut or nausea) or major (permanent termination of the flesh) and similarly we're all masochistic because we knowingly do things that are to our detriment on a daily basis.

I suppose you'll continue to take things personally on behalf of the late Peat, but nonetheless I am inclined to clarify a misreading.

What I said was:
You're talking about a man who sabotaged himself on a regular basis by taking concentrated, processed, & acidic compounds, intentionally tried to destroy the things that provide life to the body (sterilizing the small intestine), all while increasing his nutritional expenditure via increased metabolism while supplying that increased metabolism with damaged versions of said nutrition (pasteurized milk, fried egg, cooked beef, etc).

I said everything twice just now to make the point that it's pretty remarkable that he even made it to 86 with all of that backwards thinking and masochistic behavior.
Killing bacteria which keep you alive with the unnatural strength of pharmaceutical-grade compounds is counterintuitive.

Ramping up your metabolism multiple times a day while eating proportionately small quantities of nutrient-dense foods is counterintuitive.

Making a case that regularly eating something which is capable of removing battery acid is beneficial for overall health and wellbeing is... you get it.

I'm not calling Peat himself "backwards and masochistic," (because we all are) but I am calling the logic of those ideas... a bit lackluster. It's not about him as a person, but about the hypotheses he put forth. That's why this forum exists, because of his ideas and framework about biology, and so that's what's being discussed.

His personal life isn't a question here. I'm sure he was a nice fellow. Please take the stress down a notch as I say that I respect him as much as anybody. It's possible to articulate why we think someone's ideas & actions are in error yet still respect them as a person, especially one who spends/spent their time with life-affirming intentions to their fellow men.

Peatress

To what end do you suppose that further sterilization goes if not seeking completion? You hear the idea was proposed clearly.

Yep, about 3/4s of it.

To be fair, everyone thinks they're forward thinking until they suffer death, whether minor (such as a cut or nausea) or major (permanent termination of the flesh) and similarly we're all masochistic because we knowingly do things that are to our detriment on a daily basis.

I suppose you'll continue to take things personally on behalf of the late Peat, but nonetheless I am inclined to clarify a misreading.

What I said was:

Killing bacteria which keep you alive with the unnatural strength of pharmaceutical-grade compounds is counterintuitive.

Ramping up your metabolism multiple times a day while eating proportionately small quantities of nutrient-dense foods is counterintuitive.

Making a case that regularly eating something which is capable of removing battery acid is beneficial for overall health and wellbeing is... you get it.

I'm not calling Peat himself "backwards and masochistic," (because we all are) but I am calling the logic of those ideas... a bit lackluster. It's not about him as a person, but about the hypotheses he put forth. That's why this forum exists, because of his ideas and framework about biology, and so that's what's being discussed.

His personal life isn't a question here. I'm sure he was a nice fellow. Please take the stress down a notch as I say that I respect him as much as anybody. It's possible to articulate why we think someone's ideas & actions are in error yet still respect them as a person, especially one who spends/spent their time with life-affirming intentions to their fellow men.
Stomach acid is more acidic than coke. But if you insist that coke is bad I hope you’ve given up alcohol. I don’t want you burning a hole in your stomach.

Reading everything you've been writing makes me think you have not been reading or listening to Dr Peat.

Justifying what you’ve written is exactly what I expected of you. To even use those words weeks after his death is appalling especially coming from someone who is always quoting the bible. I will leave you to it – I have nothing else to say on the matter.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah. Was raw vegan for a few months which lead up to a 3 week fast on mostly grapes & oranges, a handful of bananas, black walnut hulls in the morning, pumpkin seeds in the midday, and tequila + pineapple juice (the latter 3 are said to be anti-parasitic) in the evening while also taking the combined equivalent of 30 capsules of roots, leaves, and barks 3 times a day through herbal tinctures, pills, and as teas prepared from bulk bags.

Within 10 days I was able to kick some worms that were inhibiting some digestion/causing bloating and skin itchiness, but the final fungal fix wasn't until fasting on milk with 2 water enemas per day for a few weeks until running into symptoms of zinc deficiency. I also caused several cavities to pop up or worsen along with added tooth sensitivity during this time due to the nature of fruit and herbs kicking metals out through the saliva & gumline.
How did you know you got rid of worms? Were they visible in the toilet?

How did you know you got rid of worms? Were they visible in the toilet?
Oh yeah. Pinworms, nests that resembled mothballs, and some devious thing that looked like a black sea urchin once. The smell of those was particularly intolerable.

The different varieties came out at different times depending on the recent dietary intervention over the course of 4 months or so.

Fruit and herbs kicked the worms, adding the black walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and 100% de agave tequila moved the mysterious black spawn, and within 2 days of starting the milk fasting, nest/balls were also purged.

@Twohandsondeck lovely. where did you get the information to do this
The fruit and herb fasting was from Robert Morse.

rawfigs.com as a search resource for him. He also sells herbs over an online marketplace, which you'd find with a quick search.

To Morse, the ideal diet is fruitarian and we are supposed to get amino acids for bodily structure from raw vegetables. He has tried to extend the work of Arnold Ehret. Pretty sure he binges on crackers and bread to appease nutritional deficiencies and he's probably still considerably overweight and slow moving.

Doing the vegan fasting thing is useful for short durations, but be mindful that pushing the lymph system like he suggests can cause teeth and fingernails to come off, tongue coloration changes, among other radical symptoms of detoxification without proper nutritional grounding from animal products.
In his defense, he has been a naturopath for 40 or 50 years.
> Proceed with caution.

The black walnut hulls in the morning, pumpkin seeds at midday, and 100% de agave tequila at night comes from Atom Bergstrom, the man of many theories.
Most of his sharing can be found on:

Oneradionetwork.com

He has been Patrick Timpone's longest repeat guest and also has a dedicated blog housed on the same website printed above.

Atom's websites are:
Solartiming.com

Sunsyncnutrition.com

The milk fasting came by the sharing of a forum staple, @Amazoniac found here:

The post contains all of the needed details to safely experiment with the milk fasting, namely that a fruit fast should precede the protocol until 1) the tongue has no coating and 2) the bowel movements have no smell. Bowel transit is a big part of the success of the protocol, so enemas might be needed. I'll note that a couple of milk & honey enemas served me well during that test.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals