Anyone Else Want To "die Young"?

Xisca

I disagree. I would only want to die once I was not able to have sex anymore.
If you crave it and cannot, yes... But if you just do not want to any more, you might enjoy something else and many things, and you will not see any problem!

And about what said integral about wisdom, totally agree, I deepen all the time my understandings and it feels good.

Xisca

I want to die young meaning when I die I am physiologically and mentally young even though 120 years old.
That is what I thought the topic was about when I read the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xisca

After age 20 I think most people have peaked and will only experience the same thing over and over again.
Apart from my student life, I have had 3 different lives that are all very different, I would have halucinated if I had been shown my present life. And I am not finished...

Also, if you do not think about the future, and gnaw at your life energy, then you will just suffer bad health at an early age. What do you think we die from? From health? And bad health will have a harder job at killing you at a younger age!

Ask yourself if you are not maybe just afraid about the prospect to live a life that is full of pain, and with no possibility to do what you can do now... This is correct, but you can just leave this for later, and just care of your present health, so that you can die young at any age.

You can also, when you will decide, when you will be what you will find "old", or old enough, go away to any place where you are at risk of being killed for a good cause, and become a heroe in your late years, and people will admire your courage and sacrifice of having died for this cause "so young".

achillea

I am 67 and now understand the statement," everyone knows they are going to die but no one believes it"
My wife and I talk about it realistically now and want above all to share our remaining years together in love and in health.
So many around us are falling apart physically and some mentally while we seem to be getting stronger and healthier following Dr. Peats advice on diet.
At this age it becomes ever so obvious that what you do in the younger years becomes evident in the elder years, ie those who live recklessly and carelessly so often are those we see falling apart or dying before they turn 70.
Older age is as wonderful as the younger years if you are healthy.

Marg

But he surprised me with his reply, simply "you really want to live that long? don't you want to die before you get old, I just want to live to like 45"

Since you are 19 years old, you say that you want to live 26 more years, and you want to not go on after 2043.

Considering the massive degradation of our ecosystems that Ray Peat references quite often; all life is being progressively more poisoned at an exponental rate with corresponding escalating rates of diseases, which "medical science" is not having any statistical positive impact at all; in fact the numbers of chronically ill and people with deadly diseases keep rising with so called "treatments" that are total failures. By 2043, the numbers of sick and dying people will be enormous.

Its a huge presumption for any one of us to project what we would do hypothetically in 25 years, because the assumption that we would even be healthy at that point is a total unknown.

And really, why argue about making a hypothetical ELECTIVE choice of suicide by your own volition, when the deterioriating conditions of the consequences of the corporate raping and destruction of our precious environment, with total government collusion and no sign of any abatement, will at some future time, IMPOSE upon on you or anyone else UNVOLUNTARILY, a disease that stops you from living out your potential lifespan.

So maybe then you won't be the chooser at all.

Broken man

Although life isnt easy, you just need goal. As Steve Jobs said:"Stay hungry, stay foolish". I found that life is more interesting when I am increasing my dht and dopamine levels.

achillea

Since you are 19 years old, you say that you want to live 26 more years, and you want to not go on after 2043.

Considering the massive degradation of our ecosystems that Ray Peat references quite often; all life is being progressively more poisoned at an exponental rate with corresponding escalating rates of diseases, which "medical science" is not having any statistical positive impact at all; in fact the numbers of chronically ill and people with deadly diseases keep rising with so called "treatments" that are total failures. By 2043, the numbers of sick and dying people will be enormous.

Its a huge presumption for any one of us to project what we would do hypothetically in 25 years, because the assumption that we would even be healthy at that point is a total unknown.

And really, why argue about making a hypothetical ELECTIVE choice of suicide by your own volition, when the deterioriating conditions of the consequences of the corporate raping and destruction of our precious environment, with total government collusion and no sign of any abatement, will at some future time, IMPOSE upon on you or anyone else UNVOLUNTARILY, a disease that stops you from living out your potential lifespan.

So maybe then you won't be the chooser at all.

This attitude is exactly what Agenda 21 wants you to believe...everything is so bad and the future is so grim that why would you ever want to have a nice long life. It is like genocide, or we need to decrease the population....OK you volunteer first
Life is grand even when you are older. My goodness have you ever thought of the wonder of water, a flower or a cloud, the feeling of a kiss or of laughter. Embrace the beauty.
Life is a marvel. Live long and live good

Elephanto

I wanted to post something without making a new thread, I guess this is semi-related to the thread. I don't want to die young but I think we are in the end times and see it as something positive. Anyway here's my post.

Anyone else addicted to making bad decisions ? Whenever I get a breakthrough in understanding something then put it to test in my life for a few weeks and start reaping benefits to a point of significant transformation, I get a sense of relief and start doing the things I know I'm supposed to avoid because I know exactly how to get back in the state I previously experienced relatively quickly. I'm not overly destructive and don't abuse it, so I don't really have signs of damage and look young at my age but it's strange. I guess it's partly falling for immediate pleasure instead of the benefits of discipline. That's why I think the general advice of following your instincts is somewhat faulty, I think as humans, when we lack structure we often fall for the easy way out. Like in cartoons where they have an angel and devil on each shoulder, it's easier for them to listen to the devil as he is tempting. I also get a sense that sometimes I do this to not feed my ego, like when I get my testosterone really high and get a lot of female attention, I feel guilty about feeling good about himself in a superficial way. I start looking for eye contacts just to get the dopamine rush of seeing desire in their eyes. Ironically I always reached this state through sexual retention and disciplined diet/workouts. It's like some of them are succubuses. I've done this with so many aspects of my life, like getting closer to God and seeing the positive effects in my life then falling back. I also have this weird view of life where a lot of people I meet are some sort of agents, and I can feel the disappointment of complete strangers whenever I fall but some find victory in it or try to lead me astray. Not that I hate the later ones, I see them as teachers (like do the precise opposite of what I say/do or by punishing me for falling for a trick). The lies/temptations contrast the truth and give a sense to the victory of overcoming them.

Herbie

I wanted to post something without making a new thread, I guess this is semi-related to the thread. I don't want to die young but I think we are in the end times and see it as something positive. Anyway here's my post.

Anyone else addicted to making bad decisions ? Whenever I get a breakthrough in understanding something then put it to test in my life for a few weeks and start reaping benefits to a point of significant transformation, I get a sense of relief and start doing the things I know I'm supposed to avoid because I know exactly how to get back in the state I previously experienced relatively quickly. I'm not overly destructive and don't abuse it, so I don't really have signs of damage and look young at my age but it's strange. I guess it's partly falling for immediate pleasure instead of the benefits of discipline. That's why I think the general advice of following your instincts is somewhat faulty, I think as humans, when we lack structure we often fall for the easy way out. Like in cartoons where they have an angel and devil on each shoulder, it's easier for them to listen to the devil as he is tempting. I also get a sense that sometimes I do this to not feed my ego, like when I get my testosterone really high and get a lot of female attention, I feel guilty about feeling good about himself in a superficial way. I start looking for eye contacts just to get the dopamine rush of seeing desire in their eyes. Ironically I always reached this state through sexual retention and disciplined diet/workouts. It's like some of them are succubuses. I've done this with so many aspects of my life, like getting closer to God and seeing the positive effects in my life then falling back. I also have this weird view of life where a lot of people I meet are some sort of agents, and I can feel the disappointment of complete strangers whenever I fall but some find victory in it or try to lead me astray. Not that I hate the later ones, I see them as teachers (like do the precise opposite of what I say/do or by punishing me for falling for a trick). The lies/temptations contrast the truth and give a sense to the victory of overcoming them.

Have you read any of John c Lilly’s work on Ecco in regards to agents?

I’ve found it’s more challenging to deal with the good times than the bad.

Elephanto

Have you read any of John c Lilly’s work on Ecco in regards to agents?

I’ve found it’s more challenging to deal with the good times than the bad.

No but I'll take note of it. It's just how people have always made me feel and through analyzing details what makes sense the most. Interesting last sentence, I think it's true in several ways.

Herbie

No but I'll take note of it. It's just how people have always made me feel and through analyzing details what makes sense the most. Interesting last sentence, I think it's true in several ways.

I relate to what you said about getting the eye contact from women, I ignore it now, feeds my nacisim even more. I’m not sure if this is relavent, I come to feel from experience that it’s not getting women but getting rid of them is the challenge and I find that anxiety of approaching them comes from having to get rid of them later. I haven’t read anyone else mention that in regards to approach anxiety.

lampofred

I come to feel from experience that it’s not getting women but getting rid of them is the challenge and I find that anxiety of approaching them comes from having to get rid of them later.

Damn. Wish I had that problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals