Does PUFA Deplete/interfere With Vitamin A?

J

JohnBonham

Hey all,

Can someone tell me if PUFAs prevent Vitamin A from doing it's job in any way, or if PUFA's somehow antagonize Vitamin A? For some reason I thought I read that on the RP forum somewhere but I can't find it.

I have Keratosis Pilaris and a few other issues attributed to Vitamin A deficiency. I also have low Ceruloplasmin, and Vitamin A is important for the production of Ceruloplasmin, so I'm quite sure Vitamin A is the culprit. I'm a PUFA addict (mostly almond butter, Lord have mercy I love almond butter), and I've decided to cut it all out as of today. I get plenty of Vitamin A (PLENTY), so could my high PUFA intake be causing a Vitamin A deficiency?

Orion

Can't remember where I read this or heard RP talk about it, but since Vit A is highly unsaturated, having too much stored and circulating PUFA can disregulate Vit A, PUFA goes where Vit A should be (blocking it)?

Mittir

Here is a RP quote on PUFA interfering with Thyroid and vitamin A carrier.
RP also mentioned that high vitamin A blocking thyroid function by this way.

"Transthyretin (also called prealbumin) is important as a carrier of the thyroid hormone and vitamin A. The unsaturation of vitamin A and of thyroxin allow them to bind firmly with transthyretin and certain other proteins, but the unsaturated fatty acids are able to displace them, with an efficiency that increases with the number of double bonds, from linoleic (with two double bonds) through DHA (with six double bonds). The large amount of albumin in the blood is important in normal fatty acid binding and transport, but it is also an important part of our detoxifying system, since it can carry absorbed toxins from the intestine, lungs, or skin to the liver, for detoxification. Albumin facilitates the uptake of saturated fatty acids by cells of various types (Paris, et al., 1978), and its ability to bind fatty acids can protect cells to some extent from the unsaturated fatty acids (e.g., Rhoads, et al., 1983). The liver's detoxification system processes some polyunsaturated fats for excretion, along with hormones and environmental toxins"http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fats-functions-malfunctions.shtml

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals