Does Germany Prove Peat Wrong?

boris

@Kartoffel 1871 is just the founding of the „german empire“ (Deutsches Kaiserreich).

The history of germans goes back thousands of years. Just saying so non germans don't leave this conversation confused ;)

Kunstruct

What relevance was there for a country to produce composers in the 18th century?

Germany only exists since 1871, and they lost every major war since then.

This is highly lacking context.
Germany still produced excellent soldiers. Is fighting against so many nations at the same time going to produce victory?
I like german history and it was way ahead of many people in terms of military, most nations could not even build their own guns which says a lot.

Kartoffel

1871 is just the founding of the „german empire“ (Deutsches Kaiserreich).

The history of germans goes back thousands of years.

No, it doesn't. The concept of a distinct German nationality emerged very recently in history, and the Germanic and Slavic tribes that make up a lot of German ancestry have as much to do with modern, German people as the Romans have with modern Italy. The Romans conquered the world, while Italians were the laughing stock of the WWII. How many great Greek philosophers have you seen recently? The idea that there is a coherent German identity that is purely build on Germanic ancestry is ideological bull**** that Nazis tried to fabricate in the Third Reich. An intelligent person like yourself should know better than to repeat racist propaganda.

This is highly lacking context.
Germany still produced excellent soldiers. Is fighting against so many nations at the same time going to produce victory?
I like german history and it was way ahead of many people in terms of military, most nations could not even build their own guns which says a lot.

Yes they made good, capable soldiers, but at what cost? What makes a good soldier? Besides training, it's mindless obedience, and indoctrination that the country and the Führer/Kaiser is worth more than your life or that of the enemy. The Germans were good soldiers because their culture was more authoritarian than any other. While that produced good soldiers, it also made the Germans dumb enough to allow themselves to be led by degenerate morons like Hitler, Himmler, and Göring.

boris

I'm not talking about arian genetics or some bull****. There were many types of germans and the german language goes back thousands of years too.

Edited:
I don't care for a "distinct german nationality" ;) I'm not even born in Germany.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

I'm not talking about arian genetics or some bull****. There were many types of germans and the german language goes back thousands of years too.

There is no one German language. Historically, there were many variations of different Germanic languages. The Angles and Saxons that invaded England once spoke the same language as their relatives that remained on the continent, and so English would also belong to the German language according to your definition, as well as the Scandinavian languages. Since the times of a proto-Germanic language, countless other influences have formed German, English, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, etc. into very distinct languages. Just as the modern German language has very little to do with proto-Germanic, the Germans in the 19th and 20th century have very little in common with the Germanic tribes that fought Caesar, or the small independent nations of the Holy Roman Empire.

boris

German, germanic, deutsch, teutsch, diuts, dutch? It's all deutsch in the end. I just wanted to clarify that there is a rich history behind it, so people won't think it came out of nowhere in 1871.

Last edited:

Kunstruct

Yes they made good, capable soldiers, but at what cost? What makes a good soldier? Besides training, it's mindless obedience, and indoctrination that the country and the Führer/Kaiser is worth more than your life or that of the enemy. The Germans were good soldiers because their culture was more authoritarian than any other. While that produced good soldiers, it also made the Germans dumb enough to allow themselves to be led by degenerate morons like Hitler, Himmler, and Göring.

Yes indoctrination was one thing for sure. There is a lot of context there to be had too with WW2. It is a very complicated matter, I would not like to go into WW2.
Let's say I have seen so much military German history in terms of mechanics and machining that I am impressed about the military side of Germany, while I can say how backwards certain nations were in terms of production and economics that even when given tools and trained still had massive issues even doing anything.

Overall I only want to mention the fact that through the history Germanic peoples where good soldiers, Germanic tribes were even employed as mercenaries by certain roman emperors in various campaigns. Even if these certain tribes some have long been assimilated into other nations.

Kartoffel

yes indoctrination was one thing for sure. There is a lot of context there to be had too with WW2. It is a very complicated matter, I would not like to go into WW2.
Let's say I have seen so much military German history in terms of mechanics and machining that I am impressed about the military side of Germany, while I can say how backwards certain nations were in terms of production and economics that even when given tools and trained still had massive issues even doing anything.

It's a myth that German weapons in WWII were superior to that of the Allies. In fact, German tanks were inferior to French or Russian tanks such as the T-34 until the emergence of the panther V or the Tiger model. But even these over engineered weapons were failures because the Germans didn't realize that individual superiority means nothing compared to quantity. Every allied country alone out-produced the Germans in terms of tanks, plans, ammunition, etc. Nevermind that German tanks were useless in the last 1-2 years of the war because they didn't even have the fuel to operate them. German weapons were nothing very special, and their war economy, and strategic thinking were a disaster.
What made the Germans so successful in the 1st phase of the war were the well-trained soldiers, independently leading officers, the Blitzkrieg strategy, and some brilliant generals such as Manstein. Ironically, while German culture was very authoritarian, the Germans always allowed their officer corps, and even the individual soldiers, a lot of freedom for making tactical decisions. That's what made the Prussians a successful military culture. As I said, this was contrasted by a highly overarching, authoritarian culture. While the Germans knew how to win battles, they had no idea how to win a war.

Overall I only want to mention the fact that through the history Germanic peoples where good soldiers, Germanic tribes were even employed as mercenaries by certain roman emperors in various campaigns.

Many peoples were good soldiers. The Romans employed mercenaries from all sorts of regions

Kunstruct

Didn't Germany thought a war against everybody in WW2? Why should have they won?

Russia was an authoritarian country which was producing the new brainwashed man, not to mention overall the germanic origins of their former executed Czar were not really sitting well with the new young indoctrinated people even if they were only defending, in the end their ended up with the retardation of half of Europe with their ideology and I know these things first hand. Not to mention stationary troops for decades and decades of payments to Russian by Eastern Europe countries for being "freed".
UK was enforcing tons of troops from all over the world.
It was really fighting against everyone, losing WW2 is predictable in hindsight.

So high ldl and high blood pressure have no effect on heart disease

They do,but it wont solve it. LDL Cholesterol is an indirect marker of Cholesterol-need of tissues,also conversion-issues,so if you need more of it,
your system is under stress.Cholesterol is as an example a cellmembrane-stabilisator.If LDL gets rancid,that produces
additional insult.Blood-Pressure,if hightened,can be a sign,in my opinion,of Sodium-retention,which has complex toxicities.

boris

Yeah, still, deep frying MUFAs will not result in favorable fatty acids.

Interesting that they aren't super high PUFA. What exactly would be the main problem with a few Funny Frisch chips as a snack? Fattening effect of MUFA (I don't care, am skinny), or cancerous stuff from frying in them? Or MSG like components from the condiments (yeast extracts)?

milkboi

Interesting that they aren't super high PUFA. What exactly would be the main problem with a few Funny Frisch chips as a snack? Fattening effect of MUFA (I don't care, am skinny), or cancerous stuff from frying in them? Or MSG like components from the condiments (yeast extracts)?

Yeah, that. But seems a lot less problematic with MUFAs. So they could be an ok occasional snack, if you crave them. But then why not just eat coconut oil fried chips?

Toxic aldehyde generation in and food uptake from culinary oils during frying practices: peroxidative resistance of a monounsaturate-rich algae oil

boris

Thanks for clearing it up! I banned chips a long time ago. Coconut oil fried chips are on my to do list :hungry:. But meanwhile where to buy them packaged? Haven't seen any in stores.

Only know about those from USA Jackson's Honest | Chips You Can Eat but all SOLD OUT for a long time.

Kartoffel

Kartoffel

But where to buy them? Haven't seen any in stores.

If you live in Germany, you can buy them at Alnatura or some Biomärkte. They are ridiculously expensive, though.

Thanks for clearing it up! I banned chips a long time ago. Coconut oil fried chips are on my to do list :hungry:. But meanwhile where to buy them packaged? Haven't seen any in stores.

Only know about those from USA Jackson's Honest | Chips You Can Eat but all SOLD OUT for a long time.

Also,danger mitigation.If you desire the taste,eat something similar,which is less evil.
Eat Potato fries,or kroketten.they also contain added fat,but not fried ones,and comparatively very low fat.
And they are still snackfoods,even tastier than chips,still.

boxers

They do,but it wont solve it. LDL Cholesterol is an indirect marker of Cholesterol-need of tissues,also conversion-issues,so if you need more of it,
your system is under stress.Cholesterol is as an example a cellmembrane-stabilisator.If LDL gets rancid,that produces
additional insult.Blood-Pressure,if hightened,can be a sign,in my opinion,of Sodium-retention,which has complex toxicities.

thanks, makes sense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals