Dead during day but very energetic at night, whyyy ???

redsun

For several months I have been suffering from severe insomnia, currently I have two to three sleepless nights a week.
I've already made a topic about my insomnia but I still haven't had an answer to my question about energy fluctuations.
During the day I'm EXTREMELY tired (can't sleep) but by evening/night it's like taking a cocaine/aderall and I have way too much energy to sleep, or I only sleep a few hours, in a scattered way.

Any idea why this phenomenon?
Well it could be because you dont sleep that you are tired during the day. But if it seems like you have excessive sleepiness/fatigue during the day but at night become extremely stimulated this could be a sign of low histamine. Histamine helps wake us up and reduce sleepiness during the day. But because of its ability to suppress norepinephrine and serotonin it can actually help you sleep in this way when nighttime hits. As I said in the other thread you do consume a ton of copper, this excessive copper intake can lead to elevated norepinephrine which will then strongly inhibit sleep no matter what you do. Its very hard to suppress norepinephrine when you intake so much copper.

A good idea would be to get a 24 hour urine test for 5-HIAA and Normetanephrine/metanephrine which are serotonin and catecholamine metabolites.

Melatonin is basically pointless to take. For someone who used to have insomnia like you where I would not feel tired and even felt more energized at night melatonin did absolutely nothing. Melatonin does not really inhibit these high neurotransmitters. This is why they prescribe benzos for sleep since the GABA agonism actually suppresses neurotransmitters involved in wakefulness.

OP
BlackMolasses

BlackMolasses

Well it could be because you dont sleep that you are tired during the day. But if it seems like you have excessive sleepiness/fatigue during the day but at night become extremely stimulated this could be a sign of low histamine. Histamine helps wake us up and reduce sleepiness during the day. But because of its ability to suppress norepinephrine and serotonin it can actually help you sleep in this way when nighttime hits. As I said in the other thread you do consume a ton of copper, this excessive copper intake can lead to elevated norepinephrine which will then strongly inhibit sleep no matter what you do. Its very hard to suppress norepinephrine when you intake so much copper.

A good idea would be to get a 24 hour urine test for 5-HIAA and Normetanephrine/metanephrine which are serotonin and catecholamine metabolites.

Melatonin is basically pointless to take. For someone who used to have insomnia like you where I would not feel tired and even felt more energized at night melatonin did absolutely nothing. Melatonin does not really inhibit these high neurotransmitters. This is why they prescribe benzos for sleep since the GABA agonism actually suppresses neurotransmitters involved in wakefulness.
I did a blood test a few days ago, didn't test copper but did test iron and ferritin was quite low (40, almost deficiency level.
Do you think this can make the situation worse?

I tried benzodiazepines for sleep but it did absolutely nothing, I just felt like a brick, I still took a while to fall asleep.

redsun

I did a blood test a few days ago, didn't test copper but did test iron and ferritin was quite low (40, almost deficiency level.
Do you think this can make the situation worse?

I tried benzodiazepines for sleep but it did absolutely nothing, I just felt like a brick, I still took a while to fall asleep.
Iron deficiency does lead to elevated catecholamines but ferritin alone isnt a good measure for iron deficiency. Plus if you are on TRT you should absorb plenty of iron.

Benzos do work, but only if your issue is more mild. Nothing will work until you lower the excessive activity of the arousal systems in your brain.

Last edited:
OP
BlackMolasses

BlackMolasses

Iron deficiency does lead to elevated catecholamines but ferritin alone isnt a good measure for iron deficiency. Plus if you are on TRT you should absorb plenty of iron.

Benzos do work, but if only if your issue is more mild. Nothing will work until you lower the excessive activity of the arousal systems in your brain.
The problem is that I am a student and that a diet rich in zinc, calcium and iron and low in copper (ie rich in animal products) is too expensive, it has even become extraordinarily expensive since the war in Ukraine.
I have to eat the antagonistic diet if I don't want to starve (ie starches, beans, inexpensive fruits and vegetables like bananas or broccoli).
Do you know of inexpensive foods that could change the mineral balance?

I thought about milk, but I'm afraid the extra calcium will lower my ferritin even further, and potentially cause iron deficiency.
Apparently milk is quite effective in inducing this https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ith-a-high-prevalence-of-chronic-inflammation -and-intestinal-damage.43879/
Air also risks adding an extra estrogen load.

Last edited:

redsun

The problem is that I am a student and that a diet rich in zinc, calcium and iron and low in copper (ie rich in animal products) is too expensive, it has even become extraordinarily expensive since the war in Ukraine.
I have to eat the antagonistic diet if I don't want to starve (ie starches, beans, inexpensive fruits and vegetables like bananas or broccoli).
Do you know of inexpensive foods that could change the mineral balance?
The diet does not need be rich in iron and you don't necessarily need to have high amounts of zinc and calcium. Just dropping the copper intake way down should help considerably.

I dont know how expensive chicken is where you are but chicken should be cheaper. And also buy the cheapest eggs they have available. These are two good proteins that dont have much zinc but are still good animal proteins that should be affordable. Dark meat chicken such as chicken thighs is a higher in zinc and still should be cheaper. White rice, white bread and white flour products, pastas are lower in copper and should not lead to excessive intake when eaten in large quantities. Find the cheapest dairy products you can afford in the end they all provide the calcium you need one way or another. I saw you ate cottage cheese which works. These foods are quite cheap where I live but I cant be sure how they are priced where you are.

OP
BlackMolasses

BlackMolasses

The diet does not need be rich in iron and you don't necessarily need to have high amounts of zinc and calcium. Just dropping the copper intake way down should help considerably.

I dont know how expensive chicken is where you are but chicken should be cheaper.
It costs almost 20 euros per kilo, for vacuum-packed cheap battery chicken.
And also buy the cheapest eggs they have available. These are two good proteins that dont have much zinc but are still good animal proteins that should be affordable.
I buy eggs yes, I will try to eat them more often
Dark meat chicken such as chicken thighs is a higher in zinc and still should be cheaper. White rice, white bread and white flour products, pastas are lower in copper and should not lead to excessive intake when eaten in large quantities. Find the cheapest dairy products you can afford in the end they all provide the calcium you need one way or another. I saw you ate cottage cheese which works. These foods are quite cheap where I live but I cant be sure how they are priced where you are.
yes it's cheap, but a priori it's not very rich in calcium, much less than milk (according to cronometer)

SamYo123

If ur waking up late ur fall asleep late

My body sleeps when its been awake for at least 16hours

I'm.No.One

I kinda skim read this thread so apologize if I missed it but have you done a spit based cortisol test?

Sounds like you're flipped i.e. low cortisol during the day, sky high at night.

Like what you're describing is what that feels like to a T.

Probably worth checking that before you throw anything else at it. Everywell or let's get checked have good pretty affordable test kits.

A normal Dr won't do any cortisol tests that are accurate/check your levels throughout the day.

burtlancast

How old are you ?

Did you always had problems falling asleep early ?

Do you have relatives with the same problem as you ?

Do you have amalgam fillings in your mouth ?

Do you brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste ?

OP
BlackMolasses

BlackMolasses

How old are you ?
Did you always had problems falling asleep early ?
Yes, but it was much more easily "curable" by good sleep hygiene
Do you have relatives with the same problem as you ?
yes, even several people
Do you have amalgam fillings in your mouth ?
no
Do you brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste ?
yes

redsun

It costs almost 20 euros per kilo, for vacuum-packed cheap battery chicken.

I buy eggs yes, I will try to eat them more often

yes it's cheap, but a priori it's not very rich in calcium, much less than milk (according to cronometer)
Eggs can help so maybe eating some more for protein instead for price but also the high choline content in eggs increasing acetylcholine activity can help reduce excessive catecholamines. Cottage cheese is fine even if its not as much calcium as milk. Like I said probably the most important thing is trying to get the copper intake down and observe what happens.

Switching the starches you currently eat with lower copper starches like white bread, pasta, white rice is how you would dramatically reduce your copper intake.

When you do sleep, do you remember your dreams a lot, sometimes, or very rarely if at all?

ALS

For several months I have been suffering from severe insomnia, currently I have two to three sleepless nights a week.
I've already made a topic about my insomnia but I still haven't had an answer to my question about energy fluctuations.
During the day I'm EXTREMELY tired (can't sleep) but by evening/night it's like taking a cocaine/aderall and I have way too much energy to sleep, or I only sleep a few hours, in a scattered way.

Any idea why this phenomenon?
I had that when I wasn't eating much, still gained weight. I have Hashimoto's, which was undiagnosed at that time. It got so bad I was having hypnagogic hallucinations, like a meth addict would.

1. eat enough food / protein - 80 -120 mg / day
2. carbs enough for liver to store glycogen
3. enough calcium (2000 mg /day)
4. before bed, calcium (or dairy), some salt to lower cortisol, carbs for liver e.g feta cheese (salt /calcium) + fruit (carbs). Many other foods /combinations.

I don't use melatonin.
I d

burtlancast

Yes, but it was much more easily "curable" by good sleep hygiene

yes, even several people

no

yes

Ok

You have delayed sleep phase syndrome. If often runs into families.

It's in my opinion an increased sensibility to certain chemicals like heavy metals and fluoride.

Fluoride is accumulated in the pinneal gland and disturbs de release of melatonin, causing a delay in falling asleep.

As Professor Fourtillan discovered, the true sleep hormone isn't melatonin but another chemical the body synthesizes from it.

People have cured themselves by taking iodine over long periods, as it detoxifies this pinneal gland from both heavy metals and fluoride.

Magnesium chloride helps too detoxify these same things.

Start brushing your teeth with sodium bicarbonate and ditch the fluoridated tooth paste. Don't take any fluoride paste offered by the dentist after annually cleaning the plaque on your teeth.

OP
BlackMolasses

BlackMolasses

Ok

You have delayed sleep phase syndrome. If often runs into families.

It's in my opinion an increased sensibility to certain chemicals like heavy metals and fluoride.

Fluoride is accumulated in the pinneal gland and disturbs de release of melatonin, causing a delay in falling asleep.

As Professor Fourtillan discovered, the true sleep hormone isn't melatonin but another chemical the body synthesizes from it.

People have cured themselves by taking iodine over long periods, as it detoxifies this pinneal gland from both heavy metals and fluoride.

Magnesium chloride helps too detoxify these same things.

Start brushing your teeth with sodium bicarbonate and ditch the fluoridated tooth paste. Don't take any fluoride paste offered by the dentist after annually cleaning the plaque on your teeth.
melatonin not working enough for me

burtlancast

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals