Methods for decreasing Wake-time After Sleep Onset (WASO)?

Judd Crane

Lately I've been waking up 3-4 times during sleep. I don't feel any need to go to the bathroom but I go up anyway to pee and then go back to bed, which I think helps me psychologically to "restart" my sleep and I always fall right back into sleep. I usually get at least 8 hours of sleep in total and feel well rested during the day. At the moment I eat half a Haagen-Dasz container about an hour before bed. I haven't tried eating anything during wake ups since I worry that the act of preparing food and the energy from food will give me insomnia.

My assumption is that increasing my metabolism at night is going to deepen my sleep. This winter I added a small dose of TyroMix in the morning (1 mcg t3, 2 mcg t4), which helped in the beginning. Though before increasing thyroid any further I'm looking over other options. Increasing metabolism usually is too stimulating for sleep in my case, but I will be trying the following methods at night.

*Progesterone before bed (about 10mg).
*Thiamine (2-300mg)
*Methylene blue (1 drop of oxidal).

Another suspicion of mine is that this issue, in my case, might be caused by low cortisol, which cortisol precursors like pregnenolone or progesterone might help with.

Any additional suggestions or comments?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals