More calories destroy my sleep ?

DDRB

I'm quite thin (barely 70 kg for 1m82) but I notice that each time I increase my calories on purpose (to try to gain weight for example) my sleep problems seem to get worse.
I have big problems with insomnia, but my best nights sleep is when I'm "undernourished", I actually even perform better in sports when I get fewer calories.
These days I ate more calories than usual and my sports performance was nil and the sleep worse than usual, much too sedated during the day and awake at night, I just ate a porridge with honey + fap + anti-histamine to reduce stress hormones and sedate me to the max but it doesn't work AT ALL. As a general rule, I can't quite get tired and want to fall asleep quickly like when I was a child.
Weird little fact but which can be important to me, stressing about an event the next day or ruminating helps me sleep better.
The extra calories mostly come from easily digestible carbs and I was able to sleep well when I was a bit vegan with lots of beans etc so it's probably not the endotoxins.

L91

Personally I have to have carbs with protein to be able to sleep, if I eat carbs alone I will be awake all night.

Nomane Euger

I'm quite thin (barely 70 kg for 1m82) but I notice that each time I increase my calories on purpose (to try to gain weight for example) my sleep problems seem to get worse.
I have big problems with insomnia, but my best nights sleep is when I'm "undernourished", I actually even perform better in sports when I get fewer calories.
These days I ate more calories than usual and my sports performance was nil and the sleep worse than usual, much too sedated during the day and awake at night, I just ate a porridge with honey + fap + anti-histamine to reduce stress hormones and sedate me to the max but it doesn't work AT ALL. As a general rule, I can't quite get tired and want to fall asleep quickly like when I was a child.
Weird little fact but which can be important to me, stressing about an event the next day or ruminating helps me sleep better.
The extra calories mostly come from easily digestible carbs and I was able to sleep well when I was a bit vegan with lots of beans etc so it's probably not the endotoxins.
hi what d you eat

Birdie

Ray had suggested taking some T3/T4(thyroid) at bedtime. I've done that the past two nights and it's worked. I have the same experience as you with too much food not working. Well, for one thing, I could get an irritable bowel attack which isn't at all sleep inducive.

Are you following Ray Peat's advice ? I mean food wise.

At bedtime he's recommended ice cream to help sleep. In one place he advised salty tortilla chips. So, along with the T3/T4 that's three Ray ideas. ❤️