Cortinon - 1 mg DHEA Topical is equal to How Much Oral DHEA?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I have looked through the Cortinon product thread, and others, and cannot find an answer to one simple question.

For the 1 mg DHEA in Cortinon, used topically, how much oral DHEA is that equal to?

I see that some folks here say that 1mg of topical DHEA is 10x more potent than oral DHEA.
I think I even read here that 1mg of topical DHEA is 17x more potent than oral DHEA.

Does anyone have a quote from Peat or Haidut on this?

I ask because I see that Peat recommends 5 mg of DHEA a day for older men (that's me) to restore DHEA levels to youthful levels.
But he does not say, topical or oral.
Thanks.
Paul

It is not easy to compare topical to oral doses of steroids, because the bioavailability of oral depends on the amount of fat present at the time of taking it, while the bioavailability of topical depends on the solvents used. Also, since the skin expresses very different steroid-metabolizing enzymes than the liver, the conversion of DHEA will be different depending on the route used. Of course, there are rough estimates out there, but many people find that on doses that are supposedly equivalent, they feel drastically different things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals