Cooking starch in methylene blue?

EnergeticLeo

Currently I am settled on starch as my main carbohydrate, due to better digestion, but even with that when I go above 300g carbs from starch (rice+corn pasta) I get bloating, loose stools etc...

I had an idea to cook starch with a little bit of methylene blue, as a way to make it less accessible to microbes in the gut. What do people think about this?

74one

Currently I am settled on starch as my main carbohydrate, due to better digestion, but even with that when I go above 300g carbs from starch (rice+corn pasta) I get bloating, loose stools etc...

I had an idea to cook starch with a little bit of methylene blue, as a way to make it less accessible to microbes in the gut. What do people think about this?
I think you will have hard time cleaning your dishes :):

youngsinatra

Taking the MB just orally with a meal would be an easier way to testify your hypothesis, without making your kitchen a mess :D

Nebula

Drinking some water with Oil of oregano along with starch meals works really for me to avoid any undigested starch becoming consumed by bacteria. Best to drinking the oregano during meal I think so the entire meal gets coated by the oregano.

milk_lover

why don't you just eat plenty of saturated fat with your starch? It's extremely protective against endotoxins and it doesn't let the starch particles enter the blood stream from the intestine walls.

@milk_lover If you want to break down biofilms, saturated fats are the last thing you want to ingest…

Dave Clark

why don't you just eat plenty of saturated fat with your starch? It's extremely protective against endotoxins and it doesn't let the starch particles enter the blood stream from the intestine walls.
This is the kind of stuff you will see on the net, regarding fats and LPSs:
View: https://kahn642.medium.com/metabolic-endotoxemia-the-link-between-the-chronic-diseases-and-the-saturated-fats-you-want-to-eda04c8623e4#:~:text=A%20high%2Dfat%20diet%20results,tract%20and%20enter%20the%20circulation

Apple

wow...what kind of genius wrote that article ? it is a pure attack on Ray Peat

In fact, coconut oil is one of the most toxic versions of fats in terms of endotoxemia and has been studied in humans. The long-chain fatty acids in coconut oil — the lauric acid, for example — are extremely endotoxic.
(Joel Kahn - Professor of Cardiology, Summa cum Laude grad, Kahn Center for Longevity and GreenSpace Cafe. www.drjoelkahn.com)

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

Taking the MB just orally with a meal would be an easier way to testify your hypothesis, without making your kitchen a mess :D
Yes possibly haha; I was thinking that cooking it, though, might allow the MB to penetrate deeper into the starch, as it soaks up the water during cooking.

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

I eat at least 10 g coconut oil with any starch meal, coating it thoroughly, sometimes 15-20g if I need the calories, but still I get symptoms past a certain daily carb amount. Hence I was looking for a more 'perfect' solution.

Dave Clark

wow...what kind of genius wrote that article ? it is a pure attack on Ray Peat

In fact, coconut oil is one of the most toxic versions of fats in terms of endotoxemia and has been studied in humans. The long-chain fatty acids in coconut oil — the lauric acid, for example — are extremely endotoxic.
(Joel Kahn - Professor of Cardiology, Summa cum Laude grad, Kahn Center for Longevity and GreenSpace Cafe. www.drjoelkahn.com)
Well, this is what happens when doctors, cardiologists, etc., etc. start masquerading as scientists. They rest on their laurels and the letters behind their name to make the audience think they always know what they are talking about and are accurate on their information. Sometimes they are, but when I see articles written by MDs, a red flag goes off immediately. I mean, after all, these are the same people poisoning the masses with drugs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals