All Daily Carbs From Fruits, Fruit Juices And Honey?

Dobbler

Hello. Im pretty new to Peats nutrition but i have some questions. Alright, so i have bad digestion. I have constant bloating even if im not eating anything. I dont have any constipation, i went 3 times this morning and it was all nice everytime :D . So its probably SIBO and leaky gut, probably some candida too because my tongue is covered in white coating. I have studied them alot and i know all the facts how to heal these problems etc. It just takes time. ALRIGHT so what my MAIN concern is, i know that starch SHOULD be avoided if you have these problems, so i have to take all my daily carbs from fruits, fruit juices (OJ) and honey. My QUESTION is, can i get optimal "Peat results" without starch (potatoes, white rice etc.). Im aiming for maybe 200g of carbs, fats from coconut oil, and protein from red meat. Then throw in some leafy greens and veggies for vitamins and minerals.

Hope you guys get the idea from this post. :) Please ask questions if you need more information.
Cheers.

chedd

I'm curious about this too! I tried the elemental diet with honey and oj once and didn't seem to tolerate honey or fructose. I also worry about the fruit feeding candida. However, if you can eat fruit with no issues it doesn't seem like Peat talks anywhere about starch being a necessary component of a healthy diet.

RP - "There isn't anything wrong with a high carbohydrate diet, and even a high starch diet isn't necessarily incompatible with good health, but when better foods are available they should be used instead of starches."

Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context

tankasnowgod

My QUESTION is, can i get optimal "Peat results" without starch (potatoes, white rice etc.). Im aiming for maybe 200g of carbs, fats from coconut oil, and protein from red meat. Then throw in some leafy greens and veggies for vitamins and minerals.
Personally, I got even better results when I subbed out starch for more sugar. Before summer, I was eating about 60/40 sugars to starches as my carb intake, and I kicked it up to 90/10 for summer. I noticed improvements in body temperature, pulse, and felt better and more energetic overall. Plus, it's been fun to eat a lot more ice cream during summer.

So no, I don't think starch is necessary, but it can add variety, and potatoes especially are very nutritious.