High Dose Methylene Blue Experiment

Hans

Forum Supporter
I started a high dose methylene blue protocol about a week ago. I started with 10mg twice a day, then increased the dose by 10mg daily. I wanted to increase the dose until my urine turned green/blue. I hit 100mg dose on the fourth day and then my urine turned blue. So I decreased the dose to 30mg daily, at which I seem to maintain a slight green urine, indicating somewhat of a tissue saturation.

The first day I felt a bit of pressure in my head but nothing too serious. After that, I didn't experience it again. During this period I experienced an increase in energy as well as mood. The mood increase was akin to want to get out more, being more excited, wanting to explore nature, be outside and relax, which I'd say is more dopamine and GABA, compared to serotonin. It's not the same mood effect I get from Tribulus, which is more of a solid feeling, like less anxiety and more confidence. This type of feeling I didn't experience as much with the methylene blue. I also felt mentally shaper and could focus longer.

I started feeling leaner and more fit as well. We're currently treating/fixing my wife's osteoarthritis and the inflammation and water retention around her kneecaps and tailbone area reduced so significantly, she actually looks dry. She is also experiencing improved energy, mood and brain function and reduced overall swelling and joint pains.

Plus, the methylene blue hasn't reduced my vascularity or libido at all, but I'd say it's actually increased. My gut also looks more flat, especially the lower abdomen part.

I'm planning on keeping up with this protocol for some time to come, probably 1-2month more at a minimum, and possibly longer than that, so I'll keep this thread updated if anything changes.

I also ended up adding aspirin at 1g and caffeine at 600mg with my 30mg methylene blue in the morning, so this turned into an uncoupling experiment as well (I added the caffeine and aspirin after I experienced the benefits from methylene blue). I do notice an increase in temperature, but nothing too excessive. If anything, the methylene blue actually increased my heat tolerance, which is nice.

LCohen

Thanks for feedback. Although you are roaming on high doses it looks good. I recommend you to keep some Cyproheptadine, just for being safe. It can help for serotonin toxicity induced by MB. Happy to see you are okay on high doses.

Are you mix it with water and drink? Or using intravenously?

And just curious how do you measure mg?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah, I'm watching carefully for serotonin symptoms. I mix it with a bit of milk now. Initially I took it sublingually or just at the back of my tongue and washed it down with milk or water, but now I do it only with liquid.
I'm using a 2.3% solution product (bought locally), which gives me about 2300mg per 100ml, and 23mg per 1ml. There are 20 drops per ml (usually), so I get about 1.15mg per drop.

I have done the same high dose of 30 mg to 100 mg for a couple weeks. Had the blue pee by day two. I did not experience any effects from MB though, I always wonder why it does nothing for me... I keep trying it every few months to see if maybe it will finally work on me, but still nothing. No boost in energy, mental clarity, or pain relief, etc. What might this say about my state of health?

aquaman

I get blue urine off 3mg!

Ray says it will be most effective in concentrations similar to thyroid ie 25mcg a day. On some boards People report better result from 60mcg than 1mg

Not sure why

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have done the same high dose of 30 mg to 100 mg for a couple weeks. Had the blue pee by day two. I did not experience any effects from MB though, I always wonder why it does nothing for me... I keep trying it every few months to see if maybe it will finally work on me, but still nothing. No boost in energy, mental clarity, or pain relief, etc. What might this say about my state of health?
Interesting, maybe you're already producing optimal amounts of ATP plus you have low nitric oxide and lactate?

I get blue urine off 3mg!

Ray says it will be most effective in concentrations similar to thyroid ie 25mcg a day. On some boards People report better result from 60mcg than 1mg

Not sure why
Cool. I have tried low dose, 1-2mg, for a few weeks in the past but felt nothing. This is the first time I feel anything.

Makrosky

@Hans, interesting experiment! Keep us posted.

I also did high doses of MB a couple or 3 years ago and I clearly felt very strong antidepressant effects. Quickly. Too much actually, like I was going to a funeral (one of my best friends father died) and I had a hard time maintaining the "funeral mood" so to speak. Like I wanted it to finish and go for lunch and keep laughing with my friend and other friends that also came to the funeral. I think this kind of "happinness" was quite artificial. It reminded me a lot to Prozac. Maybe too much serotonin?

I also felt it was pushing my metabolism too hard and something else in my body couldn't keep the speed. Either the detox pathways or calories or nurtients or god knows.

Btw, aren't you concerned about heavy metals on the MB?

Last edited:

Makrosky

no, why?

I use aquarium MB. The amount is tiny and the fish are very sensitive to heavy metals. I doubt it is an issue.
Hey ecstatic,
It has been discussed in the forum before. Aren't you aware? Apparently MB is often high in heavybmetals because of the making process.

Hey ecstatic,
It has been discussed in the forum before. Aren't you aware? Apparently MB is often high in heavybmetals because of the making process.

I hear a lot of things here. But I do not believe it is a huge issue with the doses we are taking. But for safety sake, I have contacted Kordon to ask them.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans, interesting experiment! Keep us posted.

I also did high doses of MB a couple or 3 years ago and I clearly felt very strong antidepressant effects. Quickly. Too much actually, like I was going to a funeral (one of my best friends father died) and I had a hard time maintaining the "funeral mood" so to speak. Like I wanted it to finish and go for lunch and keep laughing with my friend and other friends that also came to the funeral. I think this kind of "happinness" was quite artificial. It reminded me a lot to Prozac. Maybe too much serotonin?

I also felt it was pushing my metabolism too hard and something else in my body couldn't keep the speed. Either the detox pathways or calories or nurtients or god knows.

Btw, aren't you concerned about heavy metals on the MB?
My mood is like the way it was when I was young, happy, carefree and just wanted to spend time in nature and relax and so on. It's a very good feeling in my case.
My wife has used strong anti-depressants before in her life, which made her even more depressed. She says that the methylene blue is quite the opposite to the antidepressants for her.

I'm with ecstatic on this on about the heavy metals.

Makrosky

My mood is like the way it was when I was young, happy, carefree and just wanted to spend time in nature and relax and so on. It's a very good feeling in my case.
My wife has used strong anti-depressants before in her life, which made her even more depressed. She says that the methylene blue is quite the opposite to the antidepressants for her.

I'm with ecstatic on this on about the heavy metals.
Hmmm cool thanks Hans. Btw, did you read the very recent December 2018 study about MB and osteoarthritis? It's in pubmed.

Which brand are you using?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hmmm cool thanks Hans. Btw, did you read the very recent December 2018 study about MB and osteoarthritis? It's in pubmed.

Which brand are you using?
Thanks, I just checked it out. Thanks for bringing it under my attention.
I'm using Aquapharm.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting observation. After my morning dose of methylene blue, my urine doesn't really change color. However, only after workouts, and especially after a sprint session, my urine is very blue. Plus, today I laid in the sun for about 30 minutes and my urine turned blue. It's as if sunlight and exercise "utilize" my methylene blue stores.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I lowered my dose to 20mg each morning. Still can't say I feel much of an uncoupling effect from it alone.
Anyway, urine is still very slightly blue after the 20mg dose.
I binged on white rice and chicken breast today and took some B1 with it. My urine turned very blue after a few hours after eating it. Increased glucose oxidation = more methylene blue usage or less requirements (?), thus increased excretion.

vulture

I use yo take just about 1 to 8 mg, when I toke a high dose ( > 30 mg) my urine kept blue for days, instead of hours