High Dose Methylene Blue Experiment

Jib

Gonna try 1 drop of the Kordon stuff daily.

Just added 1 drop to some whole milk. Turned a very subtle blue-green color. Seems better than having it in water, where I'd be worried about it potentially staining my teeth. This looks mild enough I don't think I'd have to worry about staining, but a drop in a cup of water looks pretty strongly blue.

Accidentally got some on/under my thumb and thumbnail the other day when opening the container. Skin absorbed it within a day but my nail has been blue ever since, lol. Gotta be careful transferring this stuff, especially since it doesn't come with a built-in dropper cap.

Inaut

It does t stain teeth permanently. Takes about 20 min for it to dissipate (I do a drop in an ounce of water and swish it around for a couple min)

Beastmode

Has anyone used Health Natura's Methylene Blue with any success?

Last edited:

Jib

It does t stain teeth permanently. Takes about 20 min for it to dissipate (I do a drop in an ounce of water and swish it around for a couple min)

Good to know! I am permanently off the sex/dating scene so it shouldn't really make any difference but I feel like having blue teeth on top of that would just be overkill.

Very curious to see results, if any. I felt a lot less depressed today and more focused and energetic, even had some energy to do some pullups/a little dicking around on the gym rings. Which I haven't done in a long time. Could be a coincidence, but maybe not?

Rich W

Have you considered the selective MAO-A inhibition of methylene blue?

"[...] it is a potent tight binding MAO-A inhibitor at nanomolar concentrations: i.e., it is ~ 100 times more potent than moclobemide" (https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/BF03017212.pdf)

And moclobemide is dosed at 450mg/day, sometimes more, which would approximately be equal to 4.5mg of MB if the study is to be believed.

Methylene blue and its analogues as antidepressant compounds. - PubMed - NCBI
"The cheese reaction, in particular, is of great concern and occurs when the MAO-A-catalysed metabolism of dietary tyramine is blocked, leading to excessive tyramine in the systemic circulation. Since tyramine is an indirectly acting sympathomimetic agent, a potentially fatal increase in blood pressure may occur as a result of this interaction. Interestingly, MB has shown few complications in this regard since it is a reversible MAO-A inhibitor. The cheese reaction is associated with irreversible MAO-A inhibition while reversible inhibitors are devoid of this effect (Finberg and Rabey 2016)."

dand

I started a high dose methylene blue protocol about a week ago. I started with 10mg twice a day, then increased the dose by 10mg daily. I wanted to increase the dose until my urine turned green/blue. I hit 100mg dose on the fourth day and then my urine turned blue. So I decreased the dose to 30mg daily, at which I seem to maintain a slight green urine, indicating somewhat of a tissue saturation.

The first day I felt a bit of pressure in my head but nothing too serious. After that, I didn't experience it again. During this period I experienced an increase in energy as well as mood. The mood increase was akin to want to get out more, being more excited, wanting to explore nature, be outside and relax, which I'd say is more dopamine and GABA, compared to serotonin. It's not the same mood effect I get from Tribulus, which is more of a solid feeling, like less anxiety and more confidence. This type of feeling I didn't experience as much with the methylene blue. I also felt mentally shaper and could focus longer.

I started feeling leaner and more fit as well. We're currently treating/fixing my wife's osteoarthritis and the inflammation and water retention around her kneecaps and tailbone area reduced so significantly, she actually looks dry. She is also experiencing improved energy, mood and brain function and reduced overall swelling and joint pains.

Plus, the methylene blue hasn't reduced my vascularity or libido at all, but I'd say it's actually increased. My gut also looks more flat, especially the lower abdomen part.

I'm planning on keeping up with this protocol for some time to come, probably 1-2month more at a minimum, and possibly longer than that, so I'll keep this thread updated if anything changes.

I also ended up adding aspirin at 1g and caffeine at 600mg with my 30mg methylene blue in the morning, so this turned into an uncoupling experiment as well (I added the caffeine and aspirin after I experienced the benefits from methylene blue). I do notice an increase in temperature, but nothing too excessive. If anything, the methylene blue actually increased my heat tolerance, which is nice.

Nice thread. I am doing something similar, but using oxidal so dosages aren't quite as high in terms of methylene blue. Taking anywhere between 5-10 drops of oxidal a few times a day. Did you lose body fat or just see just less water retention? Keep up the great content and thank you.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice thread. I am doing something similar, but using oxidal so dosages aren't quite as high in terms of methylene blue. Taking anywhere between 5-10 drops of oxidal a few times a day. Did you lose body fat or just see just less water retention? Keep up the great content and thank you.
I did feel euphoric and happy on that dose, but I got used to it. I didn't react negatively to it though. After a couple of weeks, maybe 2 months, I reduced the dose to 30mg. I'm currently using around 1mg daily.
I did notice a slight reduction in water retention, but nothing wow.

dand

I did feel euphoric and happy on that dose, but I got used to it. I didn't react negatively to it though. After a couple of weeks, maybe 2 months, I reduced the dose to 30mg. I'm currently using around 1mg daily.
I did notice a slight reduction in water retention, but nothing wow.

Great. thank you for the feedback. 100mg would be interesting, lol. I find it hard keeping up w/ the metabolic demands as my doses get higher, I get dandruff easily if I don't have enough nutrition and it seems like a lot to keep up w/. Amazingly broadly therapeutic substance :). Classic Peat !

Beastmode

Does anyone know the absorption rate via topical application?

If so, does it require a medium like vitamin E to absorb?

I emailed Peat, but didn't get a response.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Oral absorption is very good, but not sure about topical. It might be good but just takes forever to absorb completely.
It absorbs fine without a medium such as vit E.
I think if you mix it with vit E the absorption will be worse.

Beastmode

I just got my bottle from Health Natura.

I've been sleeping more restfully on a recent experience the past week so it'll be interesting to see what a few drops of this does. (1.2 mg)

I don't know about everyone, but sleep seems to be one of the more obvious metrics for me when experimenting.

Rich W

@Beastmode I always sleep well so I can't say any difference there. But I started using MB as a mouth wash and noticed a significant mood lift. I've done a couple weeks on, couple weeks off to test the effect and it's real. My wife can tell when I'm not taking it now.
Now I do 1-2mg a day either under or on top of the tongue depending on how good my aim is.

Beastmode

@Beastmode I always sleep well so I can't say any difference there. But I started using MB as a mouth wash and noticed a significant mood lift. I've done a couple weeks on, couple weeks off to test the effect and it's real. My wife can tell when I'm not taking it now.
Now I do 1-2mg a day either under or on top of the tongue depending on how good my aim is.

I'm going to try the mouthwash after I see how this goes first. Maybe your wife notices your breath is better when you use it....jk!

I plan on increasing a drop if 1) My sleep isn't disturbed and 2) If I don't notice anything.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans Did you restrict tyramine while doing this?
I don't consume tyramine rich food in general.
Some interesting fact about methylene blue is that it's a reversible antagonist of MAO-A, which means that if serotonin of tyramine builds up high enough it will displace methylene blue and be broken down. This can help prevent serotonin syndrome.

Lee Simeon

I don't consume tyramine rich food in general.
Some interesting fact about methylene blue is that it's a reversible antagonist of MAO-A, which means that if serotonin of tyramine builds up high enough it will displace methylene blue and be broken down. This can help prevent serotonin syndrome.
Thanks! But dont you drink milk or eat cheese?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks! But dont you drink milk or eat cheese?
I can't remember exactly what my diet looked like back then but I'm sure there was milk in there. Not sure how much though. The milk or MB didn't affect me negatively combined.

Infarouge

I've messed with this on and off for years. As much as 50mg of the Kordan stuff for weeks with no bad effects. I think the serotonin worries are vastly overhyped. MB was literally the first pharmaceutical ever made and is notoriously safe and well studied.

Positive effects are difficult to perceive, I think they are quite subtle.

maillol

I get slightly blue urine after only 2mg. Does this mean I don't need it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals