Cooking Rice & Starch

Dutchie

Today I came across this article about how to cook rice with starch removal. This article and several others claim the rice will be starchfree,but I find this hard to believe. If it would make the rice starchless then there would be no calories in rice and you could just eat heaps of it,as it would've become an empty food

What I do wonder is how much of the starch would be reduced....would it be something like 10/15% removal or more like around 70/80%? I know people with AS use Iodine testing,but I wonder if you could see a clear difference.
Anybody any experience with this way of cooking rice? (It would be awesome if it would reduce the starch dramatically as I love Rice Porridge/Pudding.)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/46640 ... ut-starch/

natedawggh

Yeah that's total bull crap. I mean, the water will be free of starch (or more likely the anti-caking element that's been added to the rice) but for it to be "starch free" would mean the starch would break down into its free glucose, and if that was the case you would not have rice-shaped grains but some kind of sludge.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals