What would your diet look like if you ate according to cravings (i.e no restrictions)?

Korven

See title thread:

What would you eat if you only ate super tasty things and had no dietary restrictions whatsoever?

Or are you already doing this, and if so, how do you feel on that diet?

I'll start:

- Chicken breast cooked in large amounts of butter/cream with tarragon and a side of refined starch (pasta or rice or oven roasted potatoes).
- Sourdough bread with butter
- Home made cookies (with milk) and cakes.
- Pancakes served with berries or jam or maple syrup
- Lots of eggs, soft boiled and omelettes cooked in generous quantities of butter.
- Oatmeal porridge with honey and full fat milk
- Lots of hearty meat pies (e.g shepherds pies)
- I would be drinking lots of quality beers (e.g belgian trappist beers like Duvel)
- Home made, slow-cooked bolognese with a mountain of pasta
- Steaks (cooked in butter and served with garlic butter) served with cheesy potato gratin
- Maybe some kiwis or apples, or a fruit salad with whipped cream for desert
- 0.5 litre of full fat milk before bed every night

Basically - everything cooked in lots of butter or cream, a ton of refined starch and a lot of meat, eggs and milk. Not much fruit or sweet things but more as a garnishment.

What would your diet look like?

LUH 3417

See title thread:

What would you eat if you only ate super tasty things and had no dietary restrictions whatsoever?

Or are you already doing this, and if so, how do you feel on that diet?

I'll start:

- Chicken breast cooked in large amounts of butter/cream with tarragon and a side of refined starch (pasta or rice or oven roasted potatoes).
- Sourdough bread with butter
- Home made cookies (with milk) and cakes.
- Pancakes served with berries or jam or maple syrup
- Lots of eggs, soft boiled and omelettes cooked in generous quantities of butter.
- Oatmeal porridge with honey and full fat milk
- Lots of hearty meat pies (e.g shepherds pies)
- I would be drinking lots of quality beers (e.g belgian trappist beers like Duvel)
- Home made, slow-cooked bolognese with a mountain of pasta
- Steaks (cooked in butter and served with garlic butter) served with cheesy potato gratin
- Maybe some kiwis or apples, or a fruit salad with whipped cream for desert
- 0.5 litre of full fat milk before bed every night

Basically - everything cooked in lots of butter or cream, a ton of refined starch and a lot of meat, eggs and milk. Not much fruit or sweet things but more as a garnishment.

What would your diet look like?
Pretty much the same, plus as much ice cream and pico goat cheese as i want

ursidae

I would be consuming the various iterations of wheat and dairy meals that have taken over the planet and that I never stop craving (pizza, cheese sandwiches, cheese pie, butter toast, spaghetti with cheese, lasagna, cheesecake)

due to the opioids its hard to say whether those would be true cravings arising from the body demanding its nutritional needs be met or an addiction

Jonk

Freshly baked ciabatta with lettuce, tomato, salami and brie cheese. Creamy pasta occasionally. Stone oven baked pizza. Chips and dip. Pork ribs, fried chicken and gravy etc etc :D

TheSir

Why not try it? I eat what I crave, but what I crave changes all the time. I don't think it makes any sense to eat foods that you aren't craving on some level.

L

Lord Cola

A gallon of orange juice and some coffee milk and oxtail soup. I used to do this and felt great, but then ran out of good orange juice.

Hayley

Breakfast: Granola cereal with full fat yogurt, juice, tea.
Lunch: Various types of decadent sandwiches with mayo on crusty sourdough bread.
Snack: toast with hummus or some other spread and fruit or a smoothie
Dinner: Some sort of hearty starchy dinner ( bolognese like you described, or chicken and dumplings, shepherds pie)
and some sort of veggie side with mayo like broccoli salad. maybe soup.

This is more or less the food I was raised on. It seems the things I try to limit now that makes this different is I try to limit bread/wheat, and I try to not eat Mayo. Also laziness. Im not as dedicated of a cook as my mom was. Man this thread just made me really hungry. I want a sandwich now.

BodhiBlues

Pizza
scrambled eggs on sourdough bread with lots of butter
Various pasta dishes with lots of cheese
Greek yogurt with oats and fruit
Ice cream!
Steak
Lots and lots of full fat milk

Vileplume

Mexican food—burritos, nachos, quesadilla.
Ice cream
Soda
Pizza
Cinnamon Toast Crunch with whole goat milk
Loaded French fries
Cheese—basically, all the things I used to eat everyday

But I would sacrifice this all for an optimally functioning organism, no second thought

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Pancakes
waffles,
cheesecake,
ice cream,
cookies,
toast with butter and jelly,
bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches with mayo
grilled steak,
french fries,
potato chips,
corn chips,
soda,
pizza,
chocolate bars,
toasted marshmallows

Jennifer

Raw milk
Ice cream
Cheesecake
Custard
Quiche
Cheese omelette
Salt water taffy
Blueberry soda

OP
Korven

Korven

Why not try it? I eat what I crave, but what I crave changes all the time. I don't think it makes any sense to eat foods that you aren't craving on some level.

I agree I should try it. My digestion has been very weak and sluggish after years of restrictive diets so eating more or less anything has caused unpleasant symptoms. But I have been making progress and am able to tolerate more of the foods I crave now. Wheat is still giving me issues though.

OP
Korven

Korven

Thanks to everyone who answered, it is interesting that most seem to gravitate towards hyperpalatable dairy/wheat based foods. Is this due to opioids like ursidae says or is it the body actually craving what it really needs?

cupofcoffee

-Cheese (especially fatter ones like gorgonzola)
-ice cream
-coffee
-meat only rarely (i crave it once a week)
-fruits (bananas, oranges, strawberries)
-ginger tea
-a lot of starches (pasta, pizza, bread) ??

-Luke-

Don't know what my diet would look like, but I would probably look like Jabba the Hutt.

Hayley

I agree I should try it. My digestion has been very weak and sluggish after years of restrictive diets so eating more or less anything has caused unpleasant symptoms. But I have been making progress and am able to tolerate more of the foods I crave now. Wheat is still giving me issues though
Have you tried home made sourdough? For me I’ve noticed the dose matters when it comes to wheat. I do well with a little but if I go overboard especially with store bought bread my digestion suffers. If I actually try to totally cut out wheat I don’t feel that good either or at least don’t notice any benefits.

I have also noticed in the times of my life when my health was at its very best I didn’t restrict my diet at all. Not necessarily meaning an unrestricted diet led to good health, but because my health was so great I didn’t feel the need to mess with my diet.

As far as the opioids in certain foods, i don’t know a lot about that but I don’t see why that means a food is bad. It makes sense that food would be neurally rewarding via the opioid pathways in the brain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals