Congested nose solutions, please

ThinPicking

Mr Mike, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with compensatory response to pressure issues in the circulatory. I'm not confident enough in that to tell you to experiment and how to. But you could, of your own volition.

On your use of 'Vicks Sinex Micromist Nasal Spray'. I haven't tended to use Vicks products for this because they add a lot of ingredients that don't really need to be there. If you're going to use a nasal spray I'd use 'Otrivine' because it seems to have less crap in it. All these topical decongestants tend to use a metazoline compound. Be careful though, a long time ago I could end up moving sinus congestion in to the lungs doing this.

When your nose is clear from one of these sprays, you can augment with a good hypertonic saline spray. I'd make it myself or use 'Sterimar Congestion Relief'.

Probably high histamines as other users have mentioned. In a general sense, this is due to dehydration and brought about by acute allergic reactions - oftentimes caused by XYZ supplements.

In my experience, cooked vegetable soups (basically a hydration tonic) and apple cider vinegar (nitric oxide, vasodilation boost) are the two things which open my nose/improve breathing the most.

Sedonagal

I can tell you what worked for me and a couple of my kids who are now grown.

I have always had a problem with stuffy nose and so did my two boys. After years Of learning alternative health information I finally made the connection with dairy and wheat. Both of those things would cause nasal congestion or if I had a sinus infection would make it last horribly long. Same with my kids. As long as we avoid those things we do not seem to have a problem.

Also getting rid of all the carpet in the house made a huge difference especially with my son. Carpets harbor all kinds of nasty organisms, dust mites, dust, etc. Also any pollen that is tracked in or blows in.

Beatrix_

Which type of onion works for you? I.e. Brown, Red, Spring
When I incidentally found out about it, I had been cleaning mites and mold from long closed closets and then ate a steak with braised brown onions. I was impressed by their potency in instantly clearing my stuffed nose. I know that red onions contain even more quercetin, so those should be a good bet too - as a matter of fact I have been using these in my cooking more often ever since.

Perry Staltic

When I incidentally found out about it, I had been cleaning mites and mold from long closed closets and then ate a steak with braised brown onions. I was impressed by their potency in instantly clearing my stuffed nose. I know that red onions contain even more quercetin, so those should be a good bet too - as a matter of fact I have been using these in my cooking more often ever since.

I have always thought that yellow onions contain the most quercetin (which is why I have only eaten those for years), and a quick search suggests that's correct.

The yellow onion ‘Sweet Savannah’ had the highest total quercetin content, the red onion ‘203566’ had a medium amount of total quercetin (202 mg·kg-1), while white onions contained only traceamounts.
The variation in total quercetin content among yellow, pink, and red onions, was 5-fold. It was clear that yellow onions contained more total quercetin than red onions.

Peachy

D-hist is a good natural product. Not all peaty ingredients. But maybe good for the short run.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

It will acutely raise histamine because it makes you excrete methyl groups.
you probably answered me this question before, but would betaine be the best thing to counter this methyl group lowering of niacinamide? i want to be able to pop 500mg without insomnia and without a completely blocked nose LOL, at least for a while for a therapeutic reason.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

thanks, guys for chiming in, you are stars.

Jonk

I've had nasal congestion in what feels like all my life, but since I started dabbling with laxatives lol, I noticed it disappeared right away after my intestines were cleared. Just my 2c. And now that I think of it, I've been kind of constipated the last few days, but started taking TUDCA yesterday, and sinuses/nose on left side feels 100% clear and right side about 70% clear. The usual symptoms of sluggishness etc from constipation is also far less from what I can tell, maybe the constipation is usually overburdening the liver which TUDCA is helping with. Anyway now I'm ranting

taralynne

Increasing salt helps for me. About a 1/4 tsp with a little water helps clear my nose almost immediately. Tastes awful but it works.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I've had nasal congestion in what feels like all my life, but since I started dabbling with laxatives lol, I noticed it disappeared right away after my intestines were cleared. Just my 2c. And now that I think of it, I've been kind of constipated the last few days, but started taking TUDCA yesterday, and sinuses/nose on left side feels 100% clear and right side about 70% clear. The usual symptoms of sluggishness etc from constipation is also far less from what I can tell, maybe the constipation is usually overburdening the liver which TUDCA is helping with. Anyway now I'm ranting
I deal with constipation with prune juice, and my liver getting the best it ever was with raw egg yolks.

David PS

FnxbI4WaUAA3_p6

I never had this it only started like a week ago, i have to use pharma spray to unclog my nasals...

Sea water doesn't do much.
If you have started on a nasal spray, be prepared for a tough time correcting your congestion Mike. Nasal spray is like an addiction, the more you use it the more you need it. My mother warned me about that when I started using one, many years ago, and she was right. It took me a month to clear up that situation.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

If you have started on a nasal spray, be prepared for a tough time correcting your congestion Mike. Nasal spray is like an addiction, the more you use it the more you need it. My mother warned me about that when I started using one, many years ago, and she was right. It took me a month to clear up that situation.
Im going to try to supplement with TMG, which should allow me in supplementing more b3, its B3 that was causing it

Vins7

You can try things that increase CO2, such as thiamine.

You could also have poor digestion leading to a mild inflammatory state -> nose congestion. How is your tongue? How does your gut feel?
How could having bad digestion cause no sé congestion?
These are my two main symptoms and they arrived at the same time

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals