C02 For Nasal Congestion

noqcks

I enjoy running and have recently started running 5km every other day after a long break of not doing so.

Unfortunately.... there are early signs that this is not all that great for my health. :(

Noticed myself having some nasal congestion the last few days. Even though I breathe only through my nose when running, I’m assuming the congestion was due to lack of CO2.

I took 1 tsp of baking soda and the nasal congestion was gone within 5 minutes.

I suppose I’ll continue taking 1tsp often until I figure out how to quit running.

Last edited:

JKX

I dont think you need to quit. Provided you enjoy it? Are you well recovered between runs? Just look for ways to offset the stress. Exercise can increase endotoxin and that may be causing the stuffy nose feeling. You could perhaps try a little creatine, glycine and/ or colostrum in some OJ before running. Or even try the sodium bicarbonate preworkout? If you take thiamine preworkout that may also help with CO2.

Quelsatron

whenever I do cardio my nose gets very runny and I have to mouth breathe to breathe comfortably
though I'm not sure if it's co2 or just the increased air flow

worth mentioning is that my nose runs from a lot of foods, and I have rosacea on the nose so I'm guessing the interior might be more sensitive as well

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals