Congested nose solutions, please

brightside

How could having bad digestion cause no sé congestion?
These are my two main symptoms and they arrived at the same time
Im not totally sure, but it’s probably an overlap of inflammatory pathways. I just know that it happens, and it also happens for me too.

Kind of like the white tongue. It’s directly connected to digestion but its hard to tell how exactly.

dogtrainer

MSM. Start with a pinch and dose upward until you see relief. I took it for my chronic gas and bloating and it happened to cure my chronic joint pain and chronic stuffy nose as well. People take it for seasonal allergies.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I believe that gelatin helps with a congested nose

A-Tim

For what it's worth, I try to have a half cup of bone broth daily, sometimes a half cup twice a day, once in morning, once in evening, and I practically never have any congestion issues. Been doing that for a couple years.

Vins7

Im not totally sure, but it’s probably an overlap of inflammatory pathways. I just know that it happens, and it also happens for me too.

Kind of like the white tongue. It’s directly connected to digestion but its hard to tell how exactly.
Could this be due to a general dysbiosis of the mucosa?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

My sinuses were never clearer than when I used NAC
how much were you taking? did you find the reason for the congestion?

now with very few supplements im starting to have same problem in the evening and through the night.

Im thinking whether cypro could cause this if used for months, as i only take NDT now.

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

If you have started on a nasal spray, be prepared for a tough time correcting your congestion Mike. Nasal spray is like an addiction, the more you use it the more you need it. My mother warned me about that when I started using one, many years ago, and she was right. It took me a month to clear up that situation.
Do you mean that it was hard due to the addiction yu developed?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

parallax

My semi-chronic congestion cleared up pretty quickly when I started putting a concerted effort to nose breath during exercise even when I'm winded. I was also singing and humming a lot, so I feel there is probably a lot to recommend @miquelangeles recommendation. I was 'mewing' too, but I credit most of the benefit to focused nose breathing even (or especially) when its uncomfortable. These things are habit for me now, and my big nose works better than ever as a breathing orifice. If I get an acute infection that causes nasal congestion nowadays it typically clears up very quickly with half a diphenhydramine or a 10-20 microgram ish dose of ketotifen. 660 nm red light up my nose and/or down my throat works well in many cases.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Has anyone had a blocked nose from cacao/chocolate?

Dave Clark

how much were you taking? did you find the reason for the congestion?

now with very few supplements im starting to have same problem in the evening and through the night.

Im thinking whether cypro could cause this if used for months, as i only take NDT now.
I was reluctant, mostly because of the negative press cysteine gets here, but, I deal with allergies, have for years, and night time is the worse when they are bad. so, I decided to add NAC to my bed time nutrients, and noticed an improvement of more than 75% [if you can put a number on it}. It didn't 'cure' the allergy problem, but I can now get through the night without my sinuses being disturbed and waking me up. I also use L-theanine, glycine, inositol, magnesium, and a bit of zinc glycinate before bed with some juice, salt, etc.
I would give NAC a try if you are having the same issue with congestion, and maybe you will have some luck with it. There is also the ethyl ester form known as NACET, which may work as well, or better.

Healthseeker

I second what parallax said about nose breathing while doing cardio. Its harder but it does seem to have a benefit. I cant say for sure about the congestion, but it does do something

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

It started happening ever since i changed how i take my thyroid, on empty stomach to get any t4 absorbed, i will know for sure in coming days if its happening with any t4 containing meds i have, it might be from excipients but i will find out for sure in few days, saw some members complaining on synthetic meds blocking their nasals too.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Are you taking cacao from a big bag of cacao powder perhaps?
Yes, my running nose subsided to a degree, but I'm still blocked, I'll try no minced beef tomorrow.

Some members have histamine reactions to beef I saw.

Healthseeker

Yes, my running nose subsided to a degree, but I'm still blocked, I'll try no minced beef tomorrow.

Some members have histamine reactions to beef I saw.

I have a bad liver. And i found caco out the bag like that to be hard on it for some reason. Could be you have liver issue, or your just taking way to much.

AlaskaJono

@FitnessMike

Is your nose - nasal passages - blocked with phlegm, or blocked more because of inflammation? I discovered that I had a nasal septum deviated 25 years ago, and the left side was 80% blocked much of the time. I had learned neti with warm salt water 40 years ago, and basically do it upon arising but with a small cup and just Snurf it up! Highly recommend this over the drug store chems spray. Need to do 2 or 3 passes with each side. Over the sink or outside.

Nose breathing is something -methinks- important. Definitely take that up. Your nervous system will become more parasympathetic oriented when you do this correctly and fully.

Allergens do exist, and sometimes you may develop it without knowing. MSG type secret ingredients? Pollen? Dusty fungi/mold in the carpet or Bedroom? Many angles to search this out.

Also there are some great TCM (Chinese medical herbs) formulas for runny nose, but not really sick. Sometimes they work great and fast. Gan mao ling is one.
Also you may have some gut issue, as it can happen all of a sudden that one develops REACTIONS to food that you have eaten your whole life. Intestinal lining gets too thin, and literally lets molecules of food stuff from your Chyme into your blood vessels. So of course it is treated then as an invader substance, and the body responds. I have seen this in the clinic setting. Stress, history of poor diet, bad doctoring (ie- drugs), not great digestion, etc., all can lead to this.

Let us all know how it goes. Cheers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals