Nightly nasal congestion. Swollen turbinates.

OLLNX

Nightly nasal congestion and clear nasal passages during day time/sport activities. I do not think it is some sort of allergic reaction. Tried everything under the sun: special dust mite cleaning, air purifiers, nightly aspirin, all sorts of antihistamines, saline rinses, drastic dietary adjustments, red light and even turbinate reduction procedure. Afrin is the only thing that helps, but I do not want to get hooked and will never touch corticosteroids.

No pets in the house
No excessive mucus
I do not use any harsh cleaning chemicals
No air fresheners
I am not overweight
Been "peating" for 7 years and made some unbelievable improvements
The issue started way before I switched to "peating"
I take no supplements
No other health issues what so ever

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

FitnessMike

is your metabolism good?

I got this too and it has something to do with metabolism, these days its getting better for me but for many months i needed to use sniffer to unblock my nose as it was completely blocked.

OP
O

OLLNX

is your metabolism good?

I got this too and it has something to do with metabolism, these days its getting better for me but for many months i needed to use sniffer to unblock my nose as it was completely blocked.
I assume it is good. I monitor my heart rate, body temperature, TSH, T3 and reverse T3. Do not see any issues there, unless I missed something.
Thank s for your reply.

FitnessMike

I assume it is good. I monitor my heart rate, body temperature, TSH, T3 and reverse T3. Do not see any issues there, unless I missed something.
Thank s for your reply.
you havent got any symptoms?

i also noticed that if i exercise it get unblocked to an extend.

OP
O

OLLNX

you havent got any symptoms?

i also noticed that if i exercise it get unblocked to an extend.
It gets blocked at night only. Absolutely no breathing issues at day time, exercise or no exercise.. The night after an intense sport session congestion becomes worse.
Long time ago I asked Ray Peat about it, he said that most likely something bothers my digestive system. He advised me to stop all supplement for a couple of weeks and see if it helps. I also experimented with elimination diet. Could not pinpoint any particular food. One ENT said I am allergic to dust mites. But later I came to conclusion that when those so-called "doctors" have no clue what is going on, they blame everything on dust mites. I assume, if it was some sort of allergic reaction antihistamines would help, at least to some degree. In my case, antihistamines make absolutely no difference.
So desperate, I am looking to try these airway stents by alaxo (alaxousa.com) I just can't find any solution!

FitnessMike

do you have symptoms of low metabolism i mean

FitnessMike

Can you be more specific please? What symptoms are you talking about?
what I'm suggesting, since you on this forum you most likely have/had metabolic problems, is that right?

If so, a blocked nose could be one of the symptoms of suboptimal metabolism, like in my case.

Nightly nasal congestion and clear nasal passages during day time/sport activities. I do not think it is some sort of allergic reaction. Tried everything under the sun: special dust mite cleaning, air purifiers, nightly aspirin, all sorts of antihistamines, saline rinses, drastic dietary adjustments, red light and even turbinate reduction procedure. Afrin is the only thing that helps, but I do not want to get hooked and will never touch corticosteroids.

No pets in the house
No excessive mucus
No air fresheners
I am not overweight
I take no supplements

The things that helped me with this are the Breathe Right nasal strips, mouth taping, making sure you are primarily nasal breathing throughout the day. Oh and raising my bed to a slightly incline position. For me when my metabolism is on point it’s way less of an issue. If all else fails maybe try a bit of T3 right before sleep.

OP
O

OLLNX

what I'm suggesting, since you on this forum you most likely have/had metabolic problems, is that right?

If so, a blocked nose could be one of the symptoms of suboptimal metabolism, like in my case.
Not anymore...
The things that helped me with this are the Breathe Right nasal strips, mouth taping, making sure you are primarily nasal breathing throughout the day. Oh and raising my bed to a slightly incline position. For me when my metabolism is on point it’s way less of an issue. If all else fails maybe try a bit of T3 right before sleep.
Tried nasal strips with no positive outcome. As I understand, nasal strips work for people with collapsing valve issue. I am pretty sure this is not my case, because it feels like my turbinates get swollen deep inside my nasal cavity.
Raising my bed to a slightly inclined position did not help either.
I fall asleep without any problem, but get congested after 3-4 hours of sleep. As far as I know, T3 is relatively short acting (2-3 hours), so I don't think it will cover me for the whole night. Will try a bit of T3, at bedtime.Thanks

Not anymore...

Tried nasal strips with no positive outcome. As I understand, nasal strips work for people with collapsing valve issue. I am pretty sure this is not my case, because it feels like my turbinates get swollen deep inside my nasal cavity.
Raising my bed to a slightly inclined position did not help either.
I fall asleep without any problem, but get congested after 3-4 hours of sleep. As far as I know, T3 is relatively short acting (2-3 hours), so I don't think it will cover me for the whole night. Will try a bit of T3, at bedtime.Thanks
The only other thing I can think of is doing all the things to raise Co2. If you haven’t tried it already then bag breathing multiple times per day might be worth a try. Also doing some Buteyko breath holds could help.

Dave Clark

It is claimed that this unit will kill dustmites. I own one, and I can tell you that it puts out a good dose of ozone, that, and the UVC rays that supposedly do the job:
Also, and I do not own one, but I thought I would put it out there for anyone desperate enough to try something different. This is a bio-electrical device to help with sinus issues:

OP
O

OLLNX

The only other thing I can think of is doing all the things to raise Co2. If you haven’t tried it already then bag breathing multiple times per day might be worth a try. Also doing some Buteyko breath holds could help.
I have been doing bag breathing for at least 7 years by now. I can try to set up higher CO2 environment at night.

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
I have nasal congestion too at night, and sometimes during the day as well. I can feel the iner nasal passages getting swollen, without any mucous. I've been trying thiamine therapy, as it can be a sign of a deficiency. I'm slowly weaning up, so right now I'm at 475mg. I'm following Eliot Overton's research. If I find the resource, I'll post it.

OP
O

OLLNX

I have nasal congestion too at night, and sometimes during the day as well. I can feel the iner nasal passages getting swollen, without any mucous. I've been trying thiamine therapy, as it can be a sign of a deficiency. I'm slowly weaning up, so right now I'm at 475mg. I'm following Eliot Overton's research. If I find the resource, I'll post it.
Interesting! I will look it up. Thank you.
"Risk factors include a diet of mostly white rice, alcoholism, dialysis, chronic diarrhea, and taking high doses of diuretics"
As far as I know I have none of these "risk factors".

Last edited:

mattmm24

No pets in the house
No excessive mucus
No air fresheners
I am not overweight
I take no supplements

It's what they are spraying in the sky. I have the same thing. The best option is to move out of the US or any other western countries. They aren't doing this in most asian countries or latin countries to the degree they are here. They are spraying a lot of Sulfur dioxide. You can read about the side effects. You need molybdenum to process all of it, but I am not sold on molybdenum supplements being good either. I notice that on Sunday's they don't spray the skies. So if you are going to play sports outside aim for sundays.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom