Congested nose solutions, please

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

@FitnessMike

Is your nose - nasal passages - blocked with phlegm, or blocked more because of inflammation? I discovered that I had a nasal septum deviated 25 years ago, and the left side was 80% blocked much of the time. I had learned neti with warm salt water 40 years ago, and basically do it upon arising but with a small cup and just Snurf it up! Highly recommend this over the drug store chems spray. Need to do 2 or 3 passes with each side. Over the sink or outside.

Nose breathing is something -methinks- important. Definitely take that up. Your nervous system will become more parasympathetic oriented when you do this correctly and fully.

Allergens do exist, and sometimes you may develop it without knowing. MSG type secret ingredients? Pollen? Dusty fungi/mold in the carpet or Bedroom? Many angles to search this out.

Also there are some great TCM (Chinese medical herbs) formulas for runny nose, but not really sick. Sometimes they work great and fast. Gan mao ling is one.
Also you may have some gut issue, as it can happen all of a sudden that one develops REACTIONS to food that you have eaten your whole life. Intestinal lining gets too thin, and literally lets molecules of food stuff from your Chyme into your blood vessels. So of course it is treated then as an invader substance, and the body responds. I have seen this in the clinic setting. Stress, history of poor diet, bad doctoring (ie- drugs), not great digestion, etc., all can lead to this.

Let us all know how it goes. Cheers.
It looks like its histamine driven. For most of my life when i lived in Poland, i had a runny nose with water-like fluid, it stopped when I moved to the UK 10 years ago, and restarted again months ago which has to do with low metabolism im sure.

So for many years, i have forgotten about runny nose. - i presume it was to high histamine dairy products for many years, looking back.

I always ate alot of dairy, including fermented yoghurts, kefirs etc.

I know niacinamide in high enough doses cause nose congestion, but after dropping very few supps i was taking it still persists.

Tried salt water spray, does nothing, so I'm stuck with synthetic spray until it normalizes.

Last edited:

Sefton10

It looks like its histamine driven. For most of my life when i lived in Poland, i had a runny nose with water-like fluid, it stopped when I moved to the UK 10 years ago, and restarted again months ago which has to do with low metabolism im sure.

So for many years, i have forgotten about runny nose. - i presume it was to high histamine dairy products for many years, looking back.

I always ate alot of dairy, including fermented yoghurts, kefirs etc.

I know niacinamide in high enough doses cause nose congestion, but after dropping very few supps i was taking it still persists.

Tried salt water spray, does nothing, so I'm stuck with synthetic spray until it normalizes.
I've had the exact same symptoms as you describe for years, especially this time of year when it's colder. Ironically, the only thing that has helped both with congestion/blocked and runny nose is a predominantly raw milk diet. I used to think dairy was a trigger, so I cut it out for a long time. It has improved things by 60-70% at least.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I've had the exact same symptoms as you describe for years, especially this time of year when it's colder. Ironically, the only thing that has helped both with congestion/blocked and runny nose is a predominantly raw milk diet. I used to think dairy was a trigger, so I cut it out for a long time. It has improved things by 60-70% at least.
where do you get raw milk from?

Korven

Hey @Sefton10 , do you get same benefits with pasteurized milk, or is it only raw milk?

I am so sensitive to grains that it's pretty much no point in me eating them, same with potatoes. I wish I had a source of raw milk and could live off that for the rest of my life....

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

you might be right, it might be due to dodgy dairy, had relatively clear nasals today, came home, and had an ice cream 20 mins later fully blocked nose...

and I was recently rotating dairy source

maillol

I used to have this problem. Gave blood a few times, now it is always clear.

Jamsey

use colloidal silver in a Neti pot or dropper straight down the nose. Works for me when I have a stuffy nose. I think this is because a stuffy nose is caused by your bodies immune reaction(nitric oxide release causing blood vessel expansion) to nasal microorganisms. While there are ways to shrink these blood vessels again(adrenergic drugs like phenylephrine), the better choice would just be to try to kill these organisms. As for the relation with food, I think it’s generally just because food and/or laying down lowers adrenaline which stops the blood vessel constriction that was keeping the nasal passages open.

Sefton10

Hey @Sefton10 , do you get same benefits with pasteurized milk, or is it only raw milk?

I am so sensitive to grains that it's pretty much no point in me eating them, same with potatoes. I wish I had a source of raw milk and could live off that for the rest of my life....
Only raw milk. It’s night and day. It’s obviously really restrictive and pretty expensive but it’s more than worth it for me. I still have OJ, honey, maple syrup and some blackstrap molasses too.

aniciete

Only raw milk. It’s night and day. It’s obviously really restrictive and pretty expensive but it’s more than worth it for me. I still have OJ, honey, maple syrup and some blackstrap molasses too.
What problems did you get from pasteurized milk? Any digestive issues?

Vileplume

I'm also doing very well with a predominantly milk diet, like @Sefton10 . My diet has been basically only goat milk since July, 5 quarts per day, and my clogged nasal passages are clear now. My chronic bloating also has improved a lot. I use pasteurized goat milk, but they're fed well and the milk has no added vitamins.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I think now its probably due to hypothyroidism still, ginger capsules or oregano oil helps, or they both do.

Sefton10

What problems did you get from pasteurized milk? Any digestive issues?
Pretty much everything didn't improve or got worse. I didn't particularly enjoy the taste either, especially when drinking large quantities. Whereas raw milk tastes amazing to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals