Cistanche increases steroidogenic enzymes, lowers NO, helps osteoporosis and Alzheimer's

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@Mauritio FYI buddy

Thx ,someone posted that in another thread. But its pretty cool ?

GorillaHead

This type of substance mostly works thru upregulating ledyig cell production and adrenals. I wouldnt mess with it. This will mess with you adrenal gland.
Ive spent so long looking for a substance that promotes ledyig cell function and promotion without altering adrenal behavior.
The reason u want to avoid this is cortisol can increase. Body hair. And even hairloss

GenericName86

This type of substance mostly works thru upregulating ledyig cell production and adrenals. I wouldnt mess with it. This will mess with you adrenal gland.
Ive spent so long looking for a substance that promotes ledyig cell function and promotion without altering adrenal behavior.
The reason u want to avoid this is cortisol can increase. Body hair. And even hairloss
There's a study showing cistanche tubulosa helping the scalp/ hair loss although japonica was used in conjunction

Ismail

Hmmm...I’ve had some serious issues with too much stress/cortisol for the last few years. I’m quite sensitive to stress and anything which will up-regulate it in anyways, including having things like coffee etc. Cistanche has really helped me, especially to keep me somewhat calm and serene - ofc this is subjective.

GenericName86

Hmmm...I’ve had some serious issues with too much stress/cortisol for the last few years. I’m quite sensitive to stress and anything which will up-regulate it in anyways, including having things like coffee etc. Cistanche has really helped me, especially to keep me somewhat calm and serene - ofc this is subjective.
I've read anecdotal reports from some people with hpa issues (mostly from fin) that Cistanche has helped, I don't know what the long term effects of using cistanche every day would be but seems like it can help with these issues early on.

Ismail

I've read anecdotal reports from some people with hpa issues (mostly from fin) that Cistanche has helped, I don't know what the long term effects of using cistanche every day would be but seems like it can help with these issues early on.

Thank you.

I think it’s always a good idea to cycle any type of supplement anyways ??‍♂️

I try to take cistanche every other day at the moment (3g dose - jing herbs).

GorillaHead

Hey honestly i hope it did. And i hope i am wrong.
Do you have any mpb in your genes? Have u noticed any hairloss?
There's a study showing cistanche tubulosa helping the scalp/ hair loss although japonica was used in conjunction

Ya but i honestly think its the other supplement at work.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

It has been shown that it works through upregualting steroidogenic enzymes and its broad spectrum anti-inflammatory effects .
There's actually studies showing this .
It also doesn't increase hair loss . Someone posted the study already.
Theres also a study showing that it not only lowers cortisol ,but also ACTH and CRH and increases the weight of the thymus.
So it does pretty much the opposite of what you suspect.

Ismail

Hey honestly i hope it did. And i hope i am wrong.
Do you have any mpb in your genes? Have u noticed any hairloss?

Ya but i honestly think its the other supplement at work.

I am experiencing slight hair loss, but that’s been happening for the last 3-4 years now, I still have a “full head” of hair, though if I let my hair grow out (I trim my hair to 0.5 every couple of weeks) it’s evident my hair is thinning.

I remember in a recent show With Danny Roddy, Haidut mentioned that DHT was not the supposed cause of hair loss and then went into explaining why other hormones which were present in the scalp were not included or mentioned - I’m a little exhausted at the moment and can’t actually remember exactly what he said tbh, but will link it here if I come across it again.

Ismail

Theres also a study showing that it not only lowers cortisol ,but also ACTH and CRH and increases the weight of the thymus.

Wow, I did not realise this (unless I read one of your previous posts but have now forgotten ?) but have experienced the calming effects as mentioned in my previous post! Thanks @Mauritio, you’re always very helpful.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Wow, I did not realise this (unless I read one of your previous posts but have now forgotten ?) but have experienced the calming effects as mentioned in my previous post! Thanks @Mauritio, you’re always very helpful.
You're welcome. No I haven't posted that one before.

GorillaHead

It has been shown that it works through upregualting steroidogenic enzymes and its broad spectrum anti-inflammatory effects .
There's actually studies showing this .
It also doesn't increase hair loss . Someone posted the study already.
So it does pretty much the opposite of what you suspect.

I don’t think you read the study right. Or I didn’t. But “Compared with the MC group, the CD and WCD groups exhibited increases in activity, the organ index of the thymus and the spleen, the serum levels of T, CRH, ACTH, CORT, cortisol, IL-2, and IL-10, the ratio”

mc is model control. And cd is cistanche only dosage. ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I don’t think you read the study right. Or I didn’t. But “Compared with the MC group, the CD and WCD groups exhibited increases in activity, the organ index of the thymus and the spleen, the serum levels of T, CRH, ACTH, CORT, cortisol, IL-2, and IL-10, the ratio”

mc is model control. And cd is cistanche only dosage. ?
1616519215820.png

Yeah you're right. I thought BC is the control group, but the relevant one is actually MC .
So it looks like it increases them non-significantly. CRH actually looks like it decreased a little ,but overall I'd it doesnt matter much .

cjm

I made a cistanche nose spray today. I added a pinch to saline, enough to turn it amber.

Same subtle effect of dousing the fire, only upstairs this time. No irritation. Quite the contrary. Might help for sinus issues.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I made a cistanche nose spray today. I added a pinch to saline, enough to turn it amber.

Same subtle effect of dousing the fire, only upstairs this time. No irritation. Quite the contrary. Might help for sinus issues.
Oh interesting how did you make it ?

cjm

Just used an old bottle of something laying around. Just used some isotonic saline purchased at the grocery. Ratio is probably 1/32 tsp cistanche to 15ml of saline, whatever that comes out to.

The effects are still developing. I'm becoming aware of patterns of muscle holding in my head/jaw. I merely stop holding the muscles so tightly and the head pressure goes away. More liver/diaphragm awareness, my chest is held tightly but I can sort of let go now and breathe more deeply without pain.

Ismail

Just used an old bottle of something laying around. Just used some isotonic saline purchased at the grocery. Ratio is probably 1/32 tsp cistanche to 15ml of saline, whatever that comes out to.

The effects are still developing. I'm becoming aware of patterns of muscle holding in my head/jaw. I merely stop holding the muscles so tightly and the head pressure goes away. More liver/diaphragm awareness, my chest is held tightly but I can sort of let go now and breathe more deeply without pain.
Wow! ?

cjm

This stuff is super effective at low doses, I'm really impressed.

Increases circulation nicely. Feels like my blood vessels are expanding in my head. I assume anti-NO effect.

My nose spray has ~5mg per spray. I'm getting ~150mg a day.

ReSTART

Been really stressed lately and wishing I had some more cistanche.

It works well for stress and doesn’t have the negative side effects of most anti-stress medications.