martybyrde

Started taking an elderberry syrup today, three teaspoons. The bottle says that two teaspoons is equivalent to 12 grams of elderberries. In theory this was 18 grams of elderberry. I did some more research on it, and I saw multiple reports of a full resolution of gut problems some were experiencing, all on Reddit in regards to NootropicsDepot C3G extract. I am hoping to use it to fix my gut. Currently my bloat is so bad it makes it hard to breathe, so we will see if this (the syrup) helps. I plan on trying supplemental C3G as well. I have tried a million different things to restore proper gut function and all have failed.

It’s been a few hours and I’ve noticed a mild uptick in mood and LOTS of stomach gurgling. Will try to update as the experiment goes on.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

ive used this product pretty regularly over the last year, im a big Joel Greene fan
What did you notice from it ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Started taking an elderberry syrup today, three teaspoons. The bottle says that two teaspoons is equivalent to 12 grams of elderberries. In theory this was 18 grams of elderberry. I did some more research on it, and I saw multiple reports of a full resolution of gut problems some were experiencing, all on Reddit in regards to NootropicsDepot C3G extract. I am hoping to use it to fix my gut. Currently my bloat is so bad it makes it hard to breathe, so we will see if this (the syrup) helps. I plan on trying supplemental C3G as well. I have tried a million different things to restore proper gut function and all have failed.

It’s been a few hours and I’ve noticed a mild uptick in mood and LOTS of stomach gurgling. Will try to update as the experiment goes on.
Would you mind sharing some of those reports?
I also started elderberry (juice) today. I noticed a calming effect on my mind pretty soon, that was the biggest difference.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

C3G seems to have an effect on bile acids as well. It increases triglicerdide excrection into bile (not sure what that does exactly) and it activates FXR and maybe through that it helps with gut bacteria. This is how Im reading those two studies

"our results showed that, compared with the LPS group, the addition of BE decreased the level of inflammatory factors in serum and tissues, inhibited the TLR4/MyD88 signaling pathway, protected the intestinal barrier and activated FXR/TGR5, which was related to gut microbiota (especially Akkermansia). The active component (e.g., cyanidin 3-O-glucoside, C3G) in BE may be an important factor in regulating gut microbiota."
- Blueberry extract alleviated lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation responses in mice through activating the FXR/TGR5 signaling pathway and regulating gut microbiota - PubMed

"
These results suggest that C3G, but not quercetin, may transiently promote TG excretion into bile, with a reduction in hepatic TG content. This C3G effect may be involved in improvement of TG metabolism."
- Intraduodenal infusion of cyanidin-3-glucoside transiently promotes triglyceride excretion into bile in rats - PubMed

In this study the cardioprotection was dependant on the changes in gut bacteria, so the gut seems to be a central point in C3G's effects.
- https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0955286321003417?via=ihub

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

This study is interesting from a dosing stand point. A HED of only 200mg resulted in a strong neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory effect in mice. That is just about 30g of elderberries.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10655395/

And I read that 1kg of freezedried elderberries are made from 7kg of fresh elderberries, so if you consume those you can take 1/7th of the amount, in this case, about 4g and you should get the same effect. If thats true, but that sounds kind of too good to be true.

David PS

The most potent SIRT6 activator, cyanidin, belonged to anthocyanidins, and produced a 55-fold increase in SIRT6 activity compared to the 3–10 fold increase for the others.

martybyrde

Would you mind sharing some of those reports?
I also started elderberry (juice) today. I noticed a calming effect on my mind pretty soon, that was the biggest difference.
I just searched “C3G” on Reddit for posts and also for comments, you will find many anecdotes about energy, stress resilience, and interestingly many reports of increased body heat.

martybyrde

Update 7 hours later: huge increase in energy and mood, and decrease in anxiety. Still nothing to note about gut effects, but this will likely require at least a few weeks of trial. I have consumed about 5 teaspoons of this stuff today.

After my meal today, I felt my usual symptoms of brain fog (the kind that makes me basically an Alzheimer’s patient) and fatigue. I took about two teaspoons and it quickly subsided entirely. Very interesting. I worry I might struggle to sleep later because of the energy increase. Not complaining at all.

martybyrde

Interesting thing to note: it isn’t a super stimulating increase in energy. It’s “natural” if that makes sense. No increase in heart rate or adrenaline type symptoms. A clean natural feeling energy.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I just searched “C3G” on Reddit for posts and also for comments, you will find many anecdotes about energy, stress resilience, and interestingly many reports of increased body heat.
Thanks Ill take a look.

I wanted to comment just the same! Yesterday evening I couldnt fall asleep because my hands and feet were so warm, which is unusual for me. C3G potently increases uncoupling proteins so that might be why.

The most potent SIRT6 activator, cyanidin, belonged to anthocyanidins, and produced a 55-fold increase in SIRT6 activity compared to the 3–10 fold increase for the others.

In the study on UCPs I posted, they also showed a big increase in SIRT1...

martybyrde

Cleanest dopamine boost I have experienced. Emptied my guts out this morning. Big fan so far. Stools dark, bile flow improved significantly

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Cleanest dopamine boost I have experienced. Emptied my guts out this morning. Big fan so far. Stools dark, bile flow improved significantly
Yesterday i had 2-3 extra bowel movements. Green bowel movements. I guess it excreted bile.
Seems like it not only has a positive effect on bile in theory, but also in reality.
Today I had only one BM, so Im a bit constipated. But I feel more calm and less stressed than before. I also notice an increase in libido and my muscles look a bit fuller. Not sure about the body heat effect it seems to be transient ,starting after 2-3 h post intake.

BTW the quantities I took were small, 50-100ml. As I said in the OP, this stuff is really concentrated in elderberries, so it might not be as expensive as it seemed. Maybe we should see it more like a supplement and less like a juice.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

C3G helps with microplastics.
In this case it helps to restore the ATP levels and even helps excrete the plastic faster by increasing colonic ATP, which might also be one of the mechanisms through which it helps with gut issues.

" C3G was discovered to be capable of promoting discharge and alleviating biotoxicity induced by environment-relevant PS exposure. C3G was also found to restore PS-induced ATP reduction accompanied by improved mitochondrial dysfunction, suggesting involvement of energy metabolism."

- Cyanidin-3-O-glucoside reduces nanopolystyrene-induced toxicity and accumulation: roles of mitochondrial energy metabolism and cellular efflux

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Big increases in UCP1 again in this study, this time more than 4-fold. No wonder people notice increased body heat. The mice were literally glowing lol .

Not only that it also reduces steatic hepatosis and inflammatory cytokines.

" We found that C3G increased energy expenditure, limited weight gain, maintained glucose homeostasis, reversed hepatic steatosis,improved cold tolerance, and enhanced BAT activity in obese db/db mice. C3G also induces brown-like adipocytes (beige) formation in subcutaneous white adipose tissue (sWAT) of db/db micemodel. We also found that C3G potently regulates the transcription of UCP1 both in BAT and sWAT through increasing mitochondrial number and function."

Screenshot 2024-02-15 21.23.09.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 21.22.04.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 21.23.53.png

- Sci-Hub | Cyanidin-3-glucoside increases whole body energy metabolism by upregulating brown adipose tissue mitochondrial function. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 61(11), 1700261 | 10.1002/mnfr.201700261

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

good stuff! thanks @Mauritio

C3G with Puerh- tea may work well together for fat browning
You're welcome.
I almost cant believe how well researched it is and yet Ive never heard of it and there has not been any mention on the forum yet.
If I came across it I probably did not engage much, because the name sounds like an unobtainable designer substance, when it is actually so easy to get from elderberries.

I think the androgenic and gut effects are just as interesting as the weight loss effect
And many people on reddit mention that they have more energy on it and that it feels like food is turned more into energy than before.

martybyrde

Update: loving this ***t. libido, energy/focus, mood, digestion, calming. Easily the best supplement I have used.

@Mauritio
5-6 tsp’s a day is where it’s at, although I seem to need more water than usual

Charger

I have some elderberry powder coming today so I can make capsules.

Elderberry juice, like sorghum syrup, is something else I just can't stand the taste of on a regular basis.

Osukhan

I have some elderberry powder coming today so I can make capsules.

Elderberry juice, like sorghum syrup, is something else I just can't stand the taste of on a regular basis.
i kind of love the sorghum syprup, have about a tablespoon a day

GTW

I like sorghum syrup. Elderberries dried have a skunky smell but surprised that putting 30 ml in stew or other cooked food at the end is pleasant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals