Lejeboca

Here comes another steriod, cortisol, that being produced by the skin. In fact, the authors of the study below claim that theirs is the first study to show so. Taken together with the cortisol activation function of the skin, it
"shows that the fundamental stages of steroidogenesis occur in keratinocytes and serve as a peripheral endocrine system specialized in glucocorticoid production.". [\indent]
1689473819531.png

Keratinocytes synthethize and activate cortisol

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Here comes another steriod, cortisol, that being produced by the skin. In fact, the authors of the study below claim that theirs is the first study to show so. Taken together with the cortisol activation function of the skin, it

"shows that the fundamental stages of steroidogenesis occur in keratinocytes and serve as a peripheral endocrine system specialized in glucocorticoid production.". [\indent]​
Interesting thanks for sharing. ACTH affects the skin as well.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Just saw that taurine yields these massive increases in steroidogenic enzymes. So I was thinking one might apply taurine dissolved in water to the testes about half an hour before lanolin, to get an even bigger increase in steroids.
That way you would increase the amounts of steroidogenic enzymes and then shortly after, increase the raw material that these enzymes need.

Screenshot 2023-07-16 10.59.12.png

- Sci-Hub | Taurine Recovers Testicular Steroidogenesis and Spermatogenesis in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Taurine 10, 801–811 | 10.1007/978-94-024-1079-2_62

Last edited:

brightside

Just saw that taurine yields these massive increases in steroidogenic enzymes. So I was thinnking one might apply taurine dissolved in water to the testes about half an hour before lanolin, to get an even bigger increase in steroids.
That way you would increase the amounts of steroidogenic enzymes and then shortly after, increase the raw material that these enzymes need.

View attachment 52994
- Sci-Hub | Taurine Recovers Testicular Steroidogenesis and Spermatogenesis in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Taurine 10, 801–811 | 10.1007/978-94-024-1079-2_62
Ethanol might be better. At high % it creates large-ish pores through which it can effectively suck through actives (only water soluble ones, though)

Cool idea. I figure you could use something like like low dose DHT + Taurine to push down E as well.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just saw that taurine yields these massive increases in steroidogenic enzymes. So I was thinnking one might apply taurine dissolved in water to the testes about half an hour before lanolin, to get an even bigger increase in steroids.

View attachment 52994
Taurine has been shown to decrease in the skin of the elderly and taurine has a youth-promoting effect as well. The boost in steroidogenesis plays a big role. Good study.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Synchronicity strikes again. I just came across another study that shows that androgens increase endogenous taurine snythesis (also in the testes!).
So androgens increase taurine and taurine increases androgens: a positive feedback loop.

- Testosterone and androgens increase, estrogen lowers Taurine

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Sounds like putting lanolin on your skin is one of the best anti-aging strategies, because of its high cholesterol content:

"The characteristic opacity of aged skin is the result of an accumulation of layers of dead cells on the surface. While the vital underlying skin cells contain much less cholesterol than normal, the inert cells contain an increased amount of cholesterol sulfate .
When the skin's free cholesterol content is increased experimentally, the skin remains its ability to shed dead superficial cells. When it is lowered experimentally, as with a statin, the skin takes on the structure and appearance of old skin. Aging seems to be a state of cholesterol starvation.
In allowing skin cells to shed naturally, cholesterol is activating a proteolytic enzyme and restoring the skin's normal barrier function and acidic pH. "

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Sounds like putting lanolin on your skin is one of the best anti-aging strategies, because of its high cholesterol content:

"The characteristic opacity of aged skin is the result of an accumulation of layers of dead cells on the surface. While the vital underlying skin cells contain much less cholesterol than normal, the inert cells contain an increased amount of cholesterol sulfate .
When the skin's free cholesterol content is increased experimentally, the skin remains its ability to shed dead superficial cells. When it is lowered experimentally, as with a statin, the skin takes on the structure and appearance of old skin. Aging seems to be a state of cholesterol starvation.
In allowing skin cells to shed naturally, cholesterol is activating a proteolytic enzyme and restoring the skin's normal barrier function and acidic pH. "

"Cholesterol's function are similar in many way to those of progesterone"
From the same newsletter.

Besides benefiting the skin through its cholesterol content lanolin also has a surpsingly high lanosterol content (as discussed in this thread) , which is known to be able to remove the age pigment lipofuscin. So lanolin might be helpful for skin health and lipofuscin removal .

Jamsey

Are you still using the mct oil lanolin mixture? If so, any updates. Im interested in trying it

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Are you still using the mct oil lanolin mixture? If so, any updates. Im interested in trying it
Yes, I still use it. Lately I switched to applying on forehead and axilla for different pruposes. Forehead for wrinkle removal, which works quite well, although it is not permanent. And axilla because I have a dry, red patch of skin there (B6 deficiency).
I still get androgenic effects , it lowers cortisol quite strongly , sleep is better , feel more confident also the next day, maybe lower water retention as well. It's one of my all time favorite supplements. I recently bought a new batch of lanolin, which strongly smells like sheep, so Im wondering if the quality is better.

@Mauritio do you still do the dosage you indicated with 7gr of coconut oil and 3gr of lanolin?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@Mauritio Could you suggest a homogeneous ratio considering that I will put it in a 10 ml dropper? Is there an approximate way to know based on the weight of the drop how much cholesterol/lanosterol you are taking? Thank you

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@Mauritio Could you suggest a homogeneous ratio considering that I will put it in a 10 ml dropper? Is there an approximate way to know based on the weight of the drop how much cholesterol/lanosterol you are taking? Thank you
I use the ratio that you asked me about. So in a 10 ml dropper id put 7 ml mct oil and 3 lanolin.
Im sure there is but you would have to look how much lanosterol is in your lanolin . I think I posted a study about that earlier in the thread .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

This study shows that even a 2 minute UV-Light exposure can drastically lower the cholesterol level in the skin, sometimes by up to 80%. Even taking in the effect that a lot of that is converted to Vitamin D, which is beneficial, I suspect that sun's skin aging effect is not just an inflammatory damage process, but also simply a reduction of cholesterol in the skin. So given the Peat quote below, Lanolin seems to be a good anti-aging/ anti-sun damage tool.

"Aging seems to be a state of cholesterol starvation.
-RP

Also this study shows that applying lanolin to the skin and the irradiating it with UV light increases the free cholesterol content by about 5 times. So that is interesting as well, and suggests applying lanolin to your body before sun bathing.

"The amount of free sterols in anhydrous lanolin which is pre- cipitated by digitonin, and expressed in terms of free cholesterol, is 0.93 mg. per 100 mg. of lanolin.
When anhydrous lanolin is irradiated with ultra-violet light, there is a progressive gradual rise in the amount of free sterols precipitated by digitonin, the maximum rise being reached at the end of 1 hour. The free sterols expressed as free cholesterol increased from 0.93 to 5.37 mg. per 100 mg. of lanolin. "

@miquelangeles

Attachments

• 81945165.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 1-s2.0-S0021925818764818-main.pdf
    415.5 KB · Views: 4

Coderr

Yes, I still use it. Lately I switched to applying on forehead and axilla for different pruposes. Forehead for wrinkle removal, which works quite well, although it is not permanent. And axilla because I have a dry, red patch of skin there (B6 deficiency).
I still get androgenic effects , it lowers cortisol quite strongly , sleep is better , feel more confident also the next day, maybe lower water retention as well. It's one of my all time favorite supplements. I recently bought a new batch of lanolin, which strongly smells like sheep, so Im wondering if the quality is better.
What time of day do you use it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals