Cistanche increases steroidogenic enzymes, lowers NO, helps osteoporosis and Alzheimer's

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

My experience seems to support the notion that this inhibits 5AR1 and increases 5AR2. Mental clarity is somewhat lessened but overall body estrogen and bloating, particularly in the gut is significantly improved. Strangely enough, not much effect on libido, if anything, it is lower.

Taking 2x2g per day. I am also becoming something of an ***hole. Confrontational and on a short fuse, over rather insignificant things too. I plan to finish the bag but thus far am not entertaining the idea of using it long-term. Most likely will go back to HCG afterwards.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

My experience seems to support the notion that this inhibits 5AR1 and increases 5AR2. Mental clarity is somewhat lessened but overall body estrogen and bloating, particularly in the gut is significantly improved. Strangely enough, not much effect on libido, if anything, it is lower.

Taking 2x2g per day. I am also becoming something of an ***hole. Confrontational and on a short fuse, over rather insignificant things too. I plan to finish the bag but thus far am not entertaining the idea of using it long-term. Most likely will go back to HCG afterwards.
You might want to take something that raises allopregnanolone with it.
Concerning being a **** , I dont know where that comes from . Maybe low blood sugar .

Ismail

Concerning being a **** , I dont know where that comes from . Maybe low blood sugar .
What raises allopregnanolone from your experience?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

What raises allopregnanolone from your experience?
5adhp , progesterone and Kami-shoyo-san, which I'm trying at the moment and seems very promising .

Ismail

5adhp , progesterone and Kami-shoyo-san, which I'm trying at the moment and seems very promising .
Thanks buddy, just saw your post on Kami-shoyo-san right now, have sent a message on that post.

I eat plenty of carbs so I don't believe so.

It's just me getting confrontational with the people around me and although I've been planning to move out for a while, it's making me want to pack up my ***t immediately and a burning desire to just GTFO and have my own place and rub it in everyone's faces how I don't need their help and support at all anymore. I almost can't stand being around them. Just a massive feeling of 'ego' and wanting to exert revenge for all the perceived wrongs in my upbringing by becoming independent and more successful than them.

From reading this article by Hans, it sounds like I am manifesting traits of a high serotonin personality:

Maybe if I pursue a career in finances or become a CEO I will take it to accentuate my inner sociopath, but until then, this is probably not for me.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

It's just me getting confrontational with the people around me and although I've been planning to move out for a while, it's making me want to pack up my ***t immediately and a burning desire to just GTFO and have my own place and rub it in everyone's faces how I don't need their help and support at all anymore. I almost can't stand being around them. Just a massive feeling of 'ego' and wanting to exert revenge for all the perceived wrongs in my upbringing by becoming independent and more successful than them.

From reading this article by Hans, it sounds like I am manifesting traits of a high serotonin personality:

Maybe if I pursue a career in finances or become a CEO I will take it to accentuate my inner sociopath, but until then, this is probably not for me.
Hm yeah seems better if you quit. It actually does sound like serotonin . Anything that irritates your intestines creates more serotonin . So it might be irritating for some. Might also depend on the manufacturer or the batch.

ReSTART

ReSTART

Ismail

Took 2 doses of 2g today. Only seems to last 2 hours or so. Which matches up roughly with the half life of verbascoside (Pharmacokinetics of acteoside following single dose intragastric and intravenous administrations in dogs - PubMed).

It feels very anti-inflammatory, made me a bit tired. Definitely has some digestive effects at a 4g dose, might go good with cascara sagrada. Because of the tiring effects, would probably be better before bed or at a lower dose during the day.
Thank you for this update, appreciate it buddy.

Which brand are you using?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Took 2 doses of 2g today. Only seems to last 2 hours or so. Which matches up roughly with the half life of verbascoside (Pharmacokinetics of acteoside following single dose intragastric and intravenous administrations in dogs - PubMed).

It feels very anti-inflammatory, made me a bit tired. Definitely has some digestive effects at a 4g dose, might go good with cascara sagrada. Because of the tiring effects, would probably be better before bed or at a lower dose during the day.
Maybe stacking it with something dopaminergic would be a good idea in that case .

Has anyone experienced increased dark circles under eyes from taking cistanche ?

cjm

might go good with cascara sagrada.

Interesting! I'd like to see some science about this but I'm going to try this today. I just finished my second week of at least a teaspoon a day, I'm settling into a teaspoon a morning routine. I've been trying to create a stack around cistanche because the gut effects are reliable and I can feel my liver coming back online.

I got interested in GABA during this time and played around with high dose glycine and GABA itself. Glycine's effective dose for me is nausea-inducing, ~30g. I might keep it in the stack at proven low doses ~500mg. GABA is pretty cool, it's a unique sedative feeling, almost like I have the choice to doze off or continue working, but not oppressive like an anti-histamine.

I'm going to give taurine a shot, see if it helps keep my energy up.

Hans

Forum Supporter

Maybe it's not a bad thing. If you're surrounded by suboptimal people, it would make sense that you're suddenly motivated to improve your life. If those people aren't suboptimal, but only loving and caring, then it might be serotonergic or anti-GABA.

Serotonin drives futile patience, so perhaps your serotonin and dopamine ratio improved and you don't have that kind of patience anymore.

cjm

you don't have that kind of patience anymore.

Discharge your spite. Use the fierce ego tone to plan your next step. Your ego/forebrain is an expert planner. The perceived bounty of revenge is a hell of a stimulant but it is destructive. You should want for the people around you what you want for yourself, success and freedom. Bring them up with you if you can, if you love them, but if they want to persist in their wrongs, that is their choice, and no one can keep you from pursuing your path. I just wanted to say, don't hitch your cart to something you have no control over. That said, I think you're on the right path. Sit with those intense emotions, see if you can make them work for you, or at least not distract you from your path forward.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Maybe it's not a bad thing. If you're surrounded by suboptimal people, it would make sense that you're suddenly motivated to improve your life. If those people aren't suboptimal, but only loving and caring, then it might be serotonergic or anti-GABA.

Serotonin drives futile patience, so perhaps your serotonin and dopamine ratio improved and you don't have that kind of patience anymore.
Yeah I was thinking this is a possibility as well.
An aggressive reaction is not the worst reaction in a suboptimal environment.
I once posted a study on a certain gene tremendously boosting metabolism in mice .
The only side effect was that those mice got really aggressive .
Haidut said that them getting aggressive in a closed lab setting might simply be them trying to break out ,which is a good reaction. Unlike the serotonergic hopelessness of accepting defeat.

cjm

Waited 8 hours to take cistanche. I wanted to see if my gut would miss it. My lack of appetite is starting to bother me so I went downstairs and took my usual dose.

A small fire was doused in the vicinity of my stomach at 2:59PM east coast USA time today so there ya go. It's truly a subtle feeling. I haven't missed a day in over 2 weeks. Still at a single teaspoon of 5:1 (~15g). Still no appetite.

I've started to think about how Cyproheptadine might work well with cistanche.

Doing my ad lib GABA experiment at the same time. Over the past 3 days I've averaged 2g. The effect is sedative and surprisingly subtle. Truth be told, the GABA is helping reduce current addictive tendencies. I smoke pot like it's the air I breathe some days, though it is almost always the wrong remedy for mania or exhaustion.

@Ismail @Mauritio

Ismail

Waited 8 hours to take cistanche. I wanted to see if my gut would miss it. My lack of appetite is starting to bother me so I went downstairs and took my usual dose.

A small fire was doused in the vicinity of my stomach at 2:59PM east coast USA time today so there ya go. It's truly a subtle feeling. I haven't missed a day in over 2 weeks. Still at a single teaspoon of 5:1 (~15g). Still no appetite.

I've started to think about how Cyproheptadine might work well with cistanche.

Doing my ad lib GABA experiment at the same time. Over the past 3 days I've averaged 2g. The effect is sedative and surprisingly subtle. Truth be told, the GABA is helping reduce current addictive tendencies. I smoke pot like it's the air I breathe some days, though it is almost always the wrong remedy for mania or exhaustion.

@Ismail @Mauritio

Thanks for the update buddy.

You think smoking pot may be effecting your appetite? Some people I know get mad “munchies”, and some are the total opposite ??‍♂️

Are you taking 3g of cistanche which equates to 15g ~? Or is your teaspoon awfully big and you are actually taking 15g? ? (apologies it’s not obvious to me).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals