Cannot Tolerate Egg Yolks

Hey all,

I'm trying to get bioavailable choline not through supplementation as well as all the other benefits of egg yolks but they give me serious GI distress. Very bad bloating and SMELLY gas. The only thing that lets me eat egg yolks is taking 10g of activated charcoal on an empty stomach in the morning.

Does this mean it's bacterial?

Anyone else figure out how to eat eggs?
Suggestions?

redsun

Hey all,

I'm trying to get bioavailable choline not through supplementation as well as all the other benefits of egg yolks but they give me serious GI distress. Very bad bloating and SMELLY gas. The only thing that lets me eat egg yolks is taking 10g of activated charcoal on an empty stomach in the morning.

Does this mean it's bacterial?

Anyone else figure out how to eat eggs?
Suggestions?

Try eating them raw. I find it strange, most people tolerate egg yolks in general.

redsun

I do eat them raw and it's still really bad :/

That is interesting. Perhaps dealing with the intestinal issue would get rid of the problem but like I said most people can eat egg yolks no problem so that is strange.

You don't get pain though right? Do you get similar issues from eating lots of fat? If so could be just overall gallbladder issue.

OP
please&thankyou
That is interesting. Perhaps dealing with the intestinal issue would get rid of the problem but like I said most people can eat egg yolks no problem so that is strange.

You don't get pain though right? Do you get similar issues from eating lots of fat? If so could be just overall gallbladder issue.

No pain. Just bad gas. Ever since I went on the carnivore diet for 5 months. That was a year ago. Ever since then when I eat eggs I get the gas. I bet I let some bad bacteria proliferate.

tara

I do eat them raw and it's still really bad :/
Only answer if you want to ...
Do you know the the eggs are from a safe source, and aren't introducing pathogenic microbes?
What other methods have you tried? What else can/do you eat? How many yolks weer you trying to eat at once?
If your digestion is struggling, have you tried simple things like a bit of vinegar in dressing or mayonnaise with egg salad?
How's general metabolism? If it/you struggled with carnivory, have you recovered?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals