Gas/ Bloating And Frequency Poll

On avg, how often are you experiencing uncomfortable levels of gas / bloat?

• once a month

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • fortnightly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 day a week

• 2-3 days a week

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 4-6 days a week

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Everyday

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Hardly ever since adopting ray peat ideas

• Total voters

churchmouth

Hello people,

I am trying to get to the bottom (pun not intended) of what seems like regular unpleasant gas every few days-
For example an episode of excess gas would be for a period of at least a few hours I will be building up bloat and and having to release gas every 15 minutes or so.. to not release would be unpleasant, but do-able.

I am trying to get serious about identifying the cause of it, whether it is milk, egg shells, a banana, gelatin , etc without having to do an extreme elimination diet. However the delayed effect of digestion makes it difficult to track even which particular meal triggered it, let alone if it is a combination issue:

"...it is difficult to state with any precision how long ingesta remains in the stomach, small intestine and large intestine. Nonetheless, there have been many studies on GI transit, and the table below presents rough estimates for transit times in healthy humans following ingestion of a standard meal (i.e. solid, mixed foods).

50% of stomach contents emptied 2.5 to 3 hours
Total emptying of the stomach 4 to 5 hours
50% emptying of the small intestine 2.5 to 3 hours
Transit through the colon 30 to 40 hours"
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/basics/transit.html

Now also I'd like to understand what a regular amount of gas/bloating is for RPF members - it could be an interesting insight for the community.

Otherwise please comment if you have any idea about what level of gas would be indicative of good health? Should we strive for zero? Are these gassy episodes a serious setback for health? Should good digestion be robust to all sorts of food combinations.. e.g. be able to eat a ripe mango, milk and liver at the same time :)

Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals