Blood Sugar Not Falling - Tried Everything Please Help

OP
J

Jackson Chung

If his doctor is OK with it, I would drop the other supplements and try famotidine for a week. I have had a lot of people email me over the years with intractable blood sugar issues and 20mg famotidine x 2 daily invariably dropped their blood sugar to the point their doctor thought they are shooting insulin. But again, I would ask the doctor first as it is technically a drug and the doctor should know what a person with such high blood sugar is using. If his kidneys are shot then the famotidine dose may need to be lowered.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3109/14756366.2012.672413
"...Famotidine was investigated as an inhibitor of glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β) in an attempt to explain the molecular mechanism of its hypoglycemic side effects."

If the blood glucose normalizes then he can probably reintroduce pregnenolone/DHEA and D/K/B3 as those would be most beneficial for such issues IMO.

Thank you! What results have those people had with famotidine? Do you think it could lower his sugar from 259 to 100 range fasting? My father did have nephrotic syndrome, but I was able to resolve it before I found Peat with herbals which I think may have led to his diabetes. But no evidence of that.

Any other safer anti-histamines? What about Benadryl/cypro? I don't know why I have weird feelings about famotidine.

Any luck with this? I try to explain this to him, but unfortunately he doesn't listen. Still thinks sugar is bad for diabetes....stupid doctors and their brainwashing.

this works great. A few weeks of 300 or so and then it drops to under 100. Nothing works as well.

Thank you. I think he does limit PUFA, my parents aren't the brightest so buy whatever. I told them to limit chips and such. They eat at home 95% of the time. He doesn't eat chips or anything. He still has the idea that raw vegetables are good and eats them. I don't doubt it leads to endotoxin. At the same time he has been eating carrots which is good.

Any signs which would signal he has subluxation of the spinal cord?

I only give him carrots for the bacteria, I think it helps. Any other suggestions? Keep in mind he doesn't do his own research like you and won't follow and protocol. Just your regular ignorant person...

What do you think to improve hypoxia? I think bag breaking would help? Increasing CO2, Bohr-Haldane effect wouldn't hurt and easy to do.

bag breathing helps a great deal.

yerrag

Thank you. I think he does limit PUFA, my parents aren't the brightest so buy whatever. I told them to limit chips and such. They eat at home 95% of the time. He doesn't eat chips or anything. He still has the idea that raw vegetables are good and eats them. I don't doubt it leads to endotoxin. At the same time he has been eating carrots which is good.

Can you make certain PUFAs are totally eliminated. Just throw away the bad cooking oils, and replace with good. It's more wasteful to harm the body further than to just throw away the bad oils. Bad oils - soya, corn, canola (and whatever the lying American Heart Association tells you- if they say it's good, then it's bad, and vice versa). Go with coconut oil, butter (not margarine), and beef tallow. Olive oil is fine, but there are many fakes out there, and we don't have a lab to test for fakes, so it's better to avoid it (Besides, you only see it for raw leafy green salads, and raw leaves aren't good - they should be well cooked).

It takes 4 years to eliminate the effects of a lifetime of eating PUFAs, from the moment you go cold turkey on PUFAs. I did that and it's one of the best things I've done for myself. It's gotten my blood sugar regulation to become optimal. It's not just having the blood sugar problem fixed. That's only the start. I got more energy during the day. I don't get sugar highs and lows. I don't get temperamental as I can keep and hold my cool and secretly laugh at the people lose their cool, laughing at my former self. I don't get allergies anymore and I don't get fever and flu yearly anymore. It certainly boosted my spirits and my immunity.

Do that for your dad and I guarantee it will not be effort wasted. It will keep giving back to you. If you don't do the simple things that have a major life-changing effect on you, you will be always on an uphill climb trying to fix problems and fighting the small fires. You'll be relying on substances and drugs to give you temporary but disappointing fixes. Get yourself on this level, and the drugs you will want, not need, are the drugs that will get you to an ever higher level.

Any signs which would signal he has subluxation of the spinal cord?
No. An x-ray of the spine, to be looked at by a good chiropractor, will give you an idea. Better to do it at least once. The earlier done, the better, as subluxation can only get progressively worse. At an early stage, it can be corrected. At stage 4, it can only be adjusted to relieve the situation. Don't worry too much about the x-ray. You're not doing it everyday. I avoid x-rays, but not to the point where I allow worse things to happen. This is one of them, teeth x-ray is another. But it would help if you buy a red light device, so that after an x-ray, you can use red light therapy to counter the ill effects of x-ray.

I only give him carrots for the bacteria, I think it helps. Any other suggestions? Keep in mind he doesn't do his own research like you and won't follow and protocol. Just your regular ignorant person...

The bacteria I speak of is periodontal. If your dad doesn't have good oral health, that is a high probability. If you have his CBC results, it may offer some clues.

What do you think to improve hypoxia? I think bag breaking would help? Increasing CO2, Bohr-Haldane effect wouldn't hurt and easy to do.
Both hypoxemia and hypoxia limit oxygen that's used for metabolism. Hypoxemia is when the blood carries less oxygen than what it should. Hypoxia is when the blood doesn't release enough oxygen to the tissues, due mostly to lack of CO2 in the blood. Hypoxia can be helped by bag breathing, but hypoxemia can't. One cause of hypoxemia is mercury toxicity. If your dad has a lot of silver (actually mercury) fillings, he likely has mercury in his system.

Conventional doctors don't test mercury toxicity with reliable results. Go to an alternative doctor for help on this.

Ecstatic hamster, I'm trying to figure out what you replied to - what works as well, sugar? Thanks.

Yes. High sugar, very low fat fixes this in a few weeks. People don’t do it because they are so fearful of 300 or so blood sugars for a bit, but that doesn’t hurt you and it soon comes way down.

yerrag

Yes. High sugar, very low fat fixes this in a few weeks. People don’t do it because they are so fearful of 300 or so blood sugars for a bit, but that doesn’t hurt you and it soon comes way down.

To add to your point, here is how Prof. Gajicek would suggest going about restoring the insulin production of the pancreas' beta cells:

Wilfrid

What both Haidut and Hans recommended and said.
There is an interaction between alpha- and beta-islet cells for plasma glucose homeostasis. The former being responsible for hyperglycemia and the latter for hypoglycemia. The goal here is to maintain the right balance between alpha- and beta-cells.
In general, insulin excites neural sympathetic activity (noradrenaline and dopamine) which is desirable in case of hyperglycemia while glucagon excites adrenal sympathetic activity (adrenaline) which is what you absolutely want to avoid in case of hyperglycemia. Little protein in the diet will strongly inhibit (noradrenaline and) dopamine synthesis.
Plus, serotonin (plasma) exerts an inhibitory effect at the beta-cell level and excite alpha-cells (which secrete glucagon). Reduction of circulating serotonin and stimulation of neural sympathetic over adrenal sympathetic activity should be very helpful in your father situation. Taking drugs, under medical supervision, that lower serotonin like Haidut recommended (tianeptine could also be helpful, I think) as well as small dose of noradrenaline precursor and reuptake inhibitor could also help, if your father stay on the low protein intake side (which is not desirable).

Last edited:

Wilfrid

And this is where thyroid hormones can also be used cautiously....and, I think, with one important restriction in case of hyperglycemia. Only a small dose of T4 (no more than 25 mcg) and only tiny dose of T3 (no more than 1 mcg....and the dose must be split and taken at least thrice a day with food ) should be used.
I believe that such a tiny dose of T3 will probably have an inhibiting effect on serotonin as well as a suppressing one on glucagon mediated hyperglycemia.

Last edited:

pauljacob

Eating Rice at night may be contributing to high blood sugar. Rice is high starch food. Let him stop eating rice at night and see if his numbers go down.

yerrag

There is an interaction between alpha- and beta-islet cells for plasma glucose homeostasis. The former being responsible for hyperglycemia and the latter for hypoglycemia. The goal here is to maintain the right balance between alpha- and beta-cells.
In general, insulin excites neural sympathetic activity (noradrenaline and dopamine) which is desirable in case of hyperglycemia while glucagon excites adrenal sympathetic activity (adrenaline) which is what you absolutely want to avoid in case of hyperglycemia. Little protein in the diet will strongly inhibit (noradrenaline and) dopamine synthesis.
Plus, serotonin (plasma) exerts an inhibitory effect at the beta-cell level and excite alpha-cells (which secrete glucagon). Reduction of circulating serotonin and stimulation of neural sympathetic over adrenal sympathetic activity should be very helpful in your father situation. Taking drugs, under medical supervision, that lower serotonin like Haidut recommended (tianeptine could also be helpful, I think) as well as small dose of noradrenaline precursor and reuptake inhibitor could also help, if your father stay on the low protein intake side (which is not desirable).

I guess if the situation is so desperate, use of drugs would be necessary. But I hope that drugs are just going to be a temporary solution, so that a dependence on such drugs is not going to be the final solution. Take serotonin, for example. If most serotonin is coming from the gut, and is mainly produced by bacteria, shouldn't reducing the bacterial load in the gut also be a final goal here?

I've recently felt a large reduction in serotonin from the intake of not just antibiotics, but also biofilm disruptors. While the intake wasn't directed at the gut, the gut was a beneficiary nonetheless because oral intake necessitates the drugs and supplements going through the gut. I was wary that the antibiotics might destroy the gut microbiome, but I had no choice (I was dealing with pathogenic bacterial biofilm colonies in my blood vessels), but it turned out to have given me even better gut health. I was experiencing smaller stools, and the reduction was due to it being composed of less water. This meant that my gut lining was absorbing more liquid because the liquid was cleaner - less bacteria and less endotoxins. Because of the lower amount of bacteria, there was less serotonin. With less serotonin, I was sleeping a lot better. Since I already have sufficient magnesium stores, I didn't need serotonin to help with bowel movement.

One thing I learned is not to see diarrhea as a bad side effect when on a protocol of antibiotics and biofilm busters. The diarrhea occurs because bacteria from biofilm being burst is being released into the gut, either dead or alive, and is being killed by antibiotics. The toxins from the dead bacteria cause the diarrhea, and taking activated charcoal does the trick. So, instead of stopping my protocol, I would continue on, as this would continue with the destruction of anaerobic biofilms in my gut. Getting rid of the pathogenic anaerobes is key to gut health.

I think that when people experience worse gut health after taking antibiotics, it's because what's left behind are the anaerobic bacterial biofilm colonies. Without other bacteria to compete with them, the microbiome becomes unbalanced towards the pathogenic bacteria. While it helps to take probiotics, which is composed of the good anaerobic bacteria such as lactobacilli, it only is about balancing the bad anaerobic bacteria with the good anaerobic bacteria. Yet, this kind of balance still meant that the gut continues to produce serotonin profusely. If the objective is to leave the gut with very little anaerobic bacteria, the use of biofilm disruptors is necessary to go along with antibiotic treatment.

I thought I already had good gut health. But it turns out my gut health was only so-so. I progressed from having smelly to no-smell stools, while already having good bowel movement. It got better still. My stools turned from large long chunks to smaller and shorter chunks, while maintaining good bowel movement. From using a lot of toilet paper to wipe, I'm now using only one piece of toilet paper, only because I had to be sure. I'm consistently having ghost wipes now.

I can confidently say my gut now produces low serotonin. Ray and Haidut and Danny has been saying this for a long time, about sterilizing the gut being good, and I didn't believe that until now. I got my sleep back, and I'm very happy and thankful for it. Don't worry- the gut will never get sterilized.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking on these forums for years. Trying to get advice.

Anyway my dad's blood sugar is not falling. Its around 240 - 260 fasting. A few questions:

1. I told him not to take metformin. Do you see any issues with it being in this range? been like this for a while now (~3 years). He feels fine and has no other issues otherwise. His body weight seems alright, but he is losing his belly!

2. He is taking: Taurine (1g), Theanine (150 mg), Glycine (1g), Vitamin E (Unique E from A/C Grace), Vitamin D (1000 IU), Vitamin K2 (2-5 mg/day), Aspirin (when he feels like it, 300 mg), Pregenelone (30 mg pills), DHEA (5 mg pill). B vitamins (I prepared a solution for him, B1, B2, B3, B6, Biotin). Ceylon Cinnamon.

3. VERY LITTLE PUFA that I know of. My mom cooks in coconut oil

4. Sometimes he does eat high fat (coconut oil). I do know the randle effect.

Despite this it still does not seem to be coming down. His typical day:

1. Wake up, drink tea (milk + sugar + tea) with some starch (wheat bread)
2. Lunch cooked vegetables with some starch (rich or bread)
3. Goes to work at 2 PM (physical labor)
4. Drinks 16 oz OJ with some dried raisins until he gets back
5. Eats at night. Again rice with some milk or something like this

Any idea what may be going on? Just want to get some minds together to find a solution.

I am trying to get him to follow peat principles. Drinking milk + OJ, but he is vegetarian so it can be touch at times.
Did he have any other tests done besides blood sugar? Such as insulin, cortisol, thyroid?

OP
J

Jackson Chung

what do u think of carrots to reduce serotonin? My dad doesnt like drugs. But very interesting. Thank you!

OP
J

Jackson Chung

Did he have any other tests done besides blood sugar? Such as insulin, cortisol, thyroid?

Thanks for the reply. Generally we are very anti-doctors. So very little testing. He feels great but his blood meter is showing high glucose. He tests at 6 PM now and the values do seem to be lower now even after drinking tea at 4(milk 4 oz plus sugar plus tea). He eats at 2 PM. His sugar yesterday was 207 and 167 (he has 2 meters). So better than the 250-270 he had in the past. But not out of the woods dhea and pregenelone seem to help. He added dhea last week for which i have high hopes. I do think there is a gut connection. But hard to explain to him. He is eating carrots and trying to drink more milk now. Lets see what happens.

OP
J

Jackson Chung

I guess if the situation is so desperate, use of drugs would be necessary. But I hope that drugs are just going to be a temporary solution, so that a dependence on such drugs is not going to be the final solution. Take serotonin, for example. If most serotonin is coming from the gut, and is mainly produced by bacteria, shouldn't reducing the bacterial load in the gut also be a final goal here?

I've recently felt a large reduction in serotonin from the intake of not just antibiotics, but also biofilm disruptors. While the intake wasn't directed at the gut, the gut was a beneficiary nonetheless because oral intake necessitates the drugs and supplements going through the gut. I was wary that the antibiotics might destroy the gut microbiome, but I had no choice (I was dealing with pathogenic bacterial biofilm colonies in my blood vessels), but it turned out to have given me even better gut health. I was experiencing smaller stools, and the reduction was due to it being composed of less water. This meant that my gut lining was absorbing more liquid because the liquid was cleaner - less bacteria and less endotoxins. Because of the lower amount of bacteria, there was less serotonin. With less serotonin, I was sleeping a lot better. Since I already have sufficient magnesium stores, I didn't need serotonin to help with bowel movement.

One thing I learned is not to see diarrhea as a bad side effect when on a protocol of antibiotics and biofilm busters. The diarrhea occurs because bacteria from biofilm being burst is being released into the gut, either dead or alive, and is being killed by antibiotics. The toxins from the dead bacteria cause the diarrhea, and taking activated charcoal does the trick. So, instead of stopping my protocol, I would continue on, as this would continue with the destruction of anaerobic biofilms in my gut. Getting rid of the pathogenic anaerobes is key to gut health.

I think that when people experience worse gut health after taking antibiotics, it's because what's left behind are the anaerobic bacterial biofilm colonies. Without other bacteria to compete with them, the microbiome becomes unbalanced towards the pathogenic bacteria. While it helps to take probiotics, which is composed of the good anaerobic bacteria such as lactobacilli, it only is about balancing the bad anaerobic bacteria with the good anaerobic bacteria. Yet, this kind of balance still meant that the gut continues to produce serotonin profusely. If the objective is to leave the gut with very little anaerobic bacteria, the use of biofilm disruptors is necessary to go along with antibiotic treatment.

I thought I already had good gut health. But it turns out my gut health was only so-so. I progressed from having smelly to no-smell stools, while already having good bowel movement. It got better still. My stools turned from large long chunks to smaller and shorter chunks, while maintaining good bowel movement. From using a lot of toilet paper to wipe, I'm now using only one piece of toilet paper, only because I had to be sure. I'm consistently having ghost wipes now.

I can confidently say my gut now produces low serotonin. Ray and Haidut and Danny has been saying this for a long time, about sterilizing the gut being good, and I didn't believe that until now. I got my sleep back, and I'm very happy and thankful for it. Don't worry- the gut will never get sterilized.

This is very interesting. Ive read your stores from time to time. Your posts are very informative and interesting. May I ask your protocols and results over the years?
I agree the gut is very important and your stools tell a lot. Actually even speaking to myself. Ive been drinking milk for almost 2 years and still get dirrhea and gas daily. I wonder why is that? Whenever i eat carrot the smell isnt there. Do you have any research on biofilms? I have read for many years on the bacteria/disease connection and how removing them is beneficial. But it can be dangerous. The huge bacteria die off. Not sure what would be released when such a large amount die off.

again very interesting posts. Would love to talk more! Any posts appreciated.

This is very interesting. Ive read your stores from time to time. Your posts are very informative and interesting. May I ask your protocols and results over the years?
I agree the gut is very important and your stools tell a lot. Actually even speaking to myself. Ive been drinking milk for almost 2 years and still get dirrhea and gas daily. I wonder why is that? Whenever i eat carrot the smell isnt there. Do you have any research on biofilms? I have read for many years on the bacteria/disease connection and how removing them is beneficial. But it can be dangerous. The huge bacteria die off. Not sure what would be released when such a large amount die off.

again very interesting posts. Would love to talk more! Any posts appreciated.

"drinking milk for almost 2 years and still get dirrhea and gas daily"

You should try Lactase digestion enzyme for Milk,it is very safe according to RP!
Also,after that,trying to use bacteria-reduced UHT milk,but there has to be consideration for the further losses of Vitamins as a result of the heat-treatments.

alywest

Thank you! What do you think he should do to get the protein? low fat milk? That's what I have been recommending. But he does not listen sadly...its tough :(
A lot of older people seem to like to take collagen. It’s protein and it also good for joints, skin, hair.

Wilfrid

Agreed. And also studies about the link between body temperature and gut microbiome are scarce to almost nonexistent. For intestinal issues, focus should be made an improving thyroid function (pulse and temperature) and keeping FSH and TSH well suppressed.
Regularly checking for calcium homeostasis (IAP, vitamin D, PTH, prolactin ect...) is important too. All of this will often be more than enough to restore and keep a healthy microbiome without the need to focus on a hypothetical gut sterilization.

Wilfrid

what do u think of carrots to reduce serotonin? My dad doesnt like drugs. But very interesting. Thank you!
RP recommends carrot salad as well as shredded bamboo shoots.
Foods that are rich in manganese, sodium, vitamin B12 and iodine could help too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals