Looking For Help, Tried Everything

Marcus1000

Hi, I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.

I am looking for help with a problem I have.
I have a problem with chronic fatigue / P.O.T.S. (Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome - Wikipedia)

Basically I am always tired and my heart rate goes up a lot when standing (from 80 to 150+ within a minute).

A major trigger for me is eating any food that contains fat.
It does not matter what type of fat it is. Butter/Coconut Oil/Olive Oil, anything.
Even as little as 5-10 gram of fat in a meal gives me a reaction.
I get very drowsy/slow, feel very anxious/restless/nausea etc.

A glass of skim milk is okay for me, a glass of whole milk is a problem for example.

I have tried countless of times now to increase my fat intake, but I can just not get above 20g/day. It really feels like anything that contains fat is poisoning me. You can see on one side my eyelid also dropping when I eat fat containing food, also my pupils dialate and become very big.
I want to increase this because I am thinking this low fat can be damaging to my health. I also want to consume more calories to gain weight/improve metabolism/improve energy levels.

My diet now looks mostly like this:
Oats
Rye sourdough bread
Potatoes
Vegetables/Fruits
Orange Juice
Skim Milk
Sugar/Jam on bread
Honey

My stats:
22 year old male
6'6
172 lbs weight, 8%~ish body fat I estimate
96.6 fahrenheit temperature measured under tongue

Thank you very much in advance for any replies!
,Marcus

OP
M

Marcus1000

Hello Mito, thank you for your reply!

I was thinking that I need fat to help with my hormone production and perhaps other bodily functions. I remember reading somewhere that limiting fat intake to below 20gram had a negative impact on testosterone.

,Marcus

Mito

Hello Mito, thank you for your reply!

I was thinking that I need fat to help with my hormone production and perhaps other bodily functions. I remember reading somewhere that limiting fat intake to below 20gram had a negative impact on testosterone.

,Marcus
I think @tca300 eats very low fat. Maybe he has some thoughts on how low you can go on fat intake.

nikolabeacon

Why do you think that?
In this post How The Sugar Industry Shifted Blame To Fat, forum member tyw concludes it is better to choose one or the other (carbs or fat).
a) a person needs to pick either fat or carbs, and make either of them a primary energetic substrate.
Yes his explanations are ok and it sounds pretty correct and obvious....But with that approach it is often just looked from the perspective of end results in therms of body fat percentages. And many think that it is best to be very very lean and with low body fat but i wouldnt be so sure that we know what is the best ratio when it comes to proper functioning of a metabolism. Low body fat with small muscle mass probably doesnt mean nothing. It may sound more like adrenaline driven metabolism.

Probably low body fat is good but building of Muscle mass is I think much more important than percent of fat in the diet.

One should primarly concentrate on increasing muscle mass first and with proper diet over time excess fat will be used and body will keep certain% that it is needed.

And with good muscle mass I think that ideal is that one have around 30% of fat in diet and with fairly good muscle mass to be able to burn those fats and use them for some metabolic processes.

T

tca300

I average about 18 grams per day from hydrogenated coconut oil, as well as the small amounts in fruits and skim milk. My libido and muscle strength is at an all time high, so I dont think it decreased my testosterone. Hormones are derived from cholesterol not fat. Fructose helps the liver to make cholesterol. Ray thinks some fat is good to help keep bacteria under control in the gut ( for people with low thyroid function ). He also mentions that fat stimulates and regulates digestion, and improves absorption of nutrients in food. I eat low fat because of my desire to keep PUFA from accumulating over time, I dont like cutting calories to an uncomfortable level to stay lean, and I dont really like fat, nor desire to eat it. Everyone seems to be different on how low in fat they can go without experiencing unpleasant effects. Personal experimentation combined with good research is best I think.

T

tca300

I would also be cautious about taking advice from people who think the usage of progesterone/pregnenolone is the same as using botox. :2cents:

Matt1951

Right now, you have no animal source of vitamin A.
Do a web search: "people who can't process fat"
All kinds of advice shows up. Problems with pancreatic enzymes, bile production, calcium metabolism problems, IBS.
Have you tried talking to a doctor?

OP
M

Marcus1000

Hello everyone, thank you for all the replies!

@nikolabeacon I am currently training 3x a week to improve my muscle mass and cardiovascular conditioning.

@tca300 that is good to hear. For how long have you been eating this low in fat? I am not a fan of supplements etc. I trust my tastebuds to tell me wether I need something, so I am not a big fan of taking pills, so I would not use progesterone etc. Do you get any cholesterol from food sources like egg yolk or something? I was unaware that fructose could make cholesterol for the hormones, this is news to me, but I am basically a beginner regarding all this information so no suprise there :)

@Matt1951 I chew on some dry liver powder occassionaly for some vit A, but I talked to the manufacturer and they claim it has only like 20IU vit a per 10g powder, so I am going to switch to regular beef liver soon most likely. Just wondering how I can eat this without adding fat. Perhaps just chop up some small cubes of raw liver and swallow it? I wonder if this would be a problem to eat it raw like that?

I visited about 10-15 doctors probably over the last 2 years, all blood work seems "normal", also had a tube with camera gone into my stomach and they couldn't see a problem, also had echo on my gallbladder and they said they didn't see anything.

I tried taking enzyme supplements, ox bile supplement. Neither made a difference, only ox bile supplement made me extremely nauseous and had to vomit (tried it like 10x, 3x of which I got very nauseous).

,Marcus

nikolabeacon

@nikolabeacon I am currently training 3x a week to improve my muscle mass and cardiovascular conditioning.
And really ..Please do not take my advice seriously because I am not a Dr and do not have Ph. D . But if you are going to take advices from Ph. D's or oder people who understand complicated science one thing you should look is their eyes besides analizying their psyhological profile.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals