I Feel Terrible On Very Low Fat

Atalanta

A few things. I can get away with some skimmed sheep or goat yogurt but if I overdo dairy, especially most cheeses, it creates a breeding ground for bacteria. I think it's the fat in dairy that is the driving force for endotoxin as in tyw's "endotoxin and fat consumption" thread, and bacteria can eat lactose and casein too. Anecdotally, people I've met in person and follow online who are successful starchivores do not mix starch with dairy at all and most starchivore populations without high rates of heart disease or cancer did not/do not consume dairy. The fact is dairy is a problemiactc food for many people but because it's so pleasurable and convenient most aren't willing to give it up for a proper amount of a trial period but to make it even harder most aren't willing to also then cook and prepare their new foods with dairy gone. It's a double-whammy and the starch never gets it's proper chance with the person.

What do you think about low-fat fermented milk like kefir?

You maybe need more salt (perhaps other vitamin or minerals or fats as you said). Log your nutrients to check if you need to adjust things.
I have experienced body coldness on high carb/low fat. It fixed when I added in much more salt like 3+ grams a day, usually using 1 gram salt capsules at each meal.

Last edited:
What do you think about low-fat fermented milk like kefir?

I think any fat free dairy product that doesn't have any additives and is high quality can be a good source of protein, calcium and trace minerals. But some say it can still increase the risk of type 1 diabetes because of an autoimmune reaction to casein. There's also the hormones that are in it. It's like anything else, if you feel it works for you then it probably does, if you're objective about what that really means.

schultz

You maybe need more salt (perhaps other vitamin or minerals or fats as you said). Log your nutrients to check if you need to adjust things.
I have experienced body coldness on high carb/low fat. It fixed when I added in much more salt like 3+ grams a day, usually using 1 gram salt capsules at each meal.

I was going to say the salt thing as well but searched to see if anybody already mentioned it.

When I did very low fat I realized I wasn't getting very much salt. Adding salt fixed a lot, but not all, of my negative symptoms. I think salt can lower adrenaline so that might explain the wired feeling. A symptom I had with very low fat was just an odd empty digestive feeling. Hard to explain. Maybe even nauseous, though I don't exactly remember. Btw by low fat I mean 10g or less. It just feels weird to me.

The "hard to concentrate" part screams endotoxin imo, possibly from starch

Unless you mean you're just too sleepy to work but unable to sleep. In which case I would increase salt, sugar, and/or saturated fat intake depending on what specifically you're craving

sladerunner69

I used to feel this way too if I was eating mostly fruits and sugars and zero PUFA. I would drink some range juice and feel jittery beyond sanity, or the some t3 and feel like I was going into a manic episode. I am not sure what it is, but it got better with time and now I dont feel it anymore.

When you say 3 grams of salt do you mean 3 grams sodium (1.5tsp salt) or 3 grams salt? (Less than a tsp?)
Sup buddy, good question!
I grind up pickling salt into a powder and put it into OO size gelatin capsules.
Was assuming there is around 1g salt per capsule on average. Though, the sodium content is like 480mg per 1.2gram(1/4tsp). Don't have a scale to know for sure the caps weight.
So, with the sodium it's probably around 3g+ a day on average with the sodium in foods + added salt I put on foods + the capsules... and around 5g salt a day perhaps. Never added it all up until now, so it's a rough guess.

Last edited:

walker_in_aus

Sup buddy, good question!
I grind up pickling salt into a powder and put it into OO size gelatin capsules.
Was assuming there is around 1g salt per capsule on average. Though, the sodium content is like 480mg per 1.2gram(1/4tsp). Don't have a scale to know for sure the caps weight.
So, with the sodium it's probably around 3g+ a day on average with the sodium in foods + added salt I put on foods + the capsules... and around 5g salt a day perhaps. Never added it all up until now, so it's a rough guess.
1. I had a big lol from your name
2. Salt is so delicious seems sad to put it in capsules!!!!

stargazer1111

That book Dr. Berg cites is wrong. It doesn't take into account the insulinogenic effects of protein and, in fact, some zero carb, high protein foods stimulate more insulin production than other high carb, low protein foods.

Simply going keto won't necessarily lower insulin levels especially if you're eating too much protein.

Based on the Randle Effect, it is more likely to be fat that causes the problem of hyperinsulinemia and hence excessive fat storage since fat competes with glucose for cell metabolism. If the fat is too high, the glucose can't get into the cells and this forces the pancreas to begin producing much higher levels of insulin which will push your body to store the fat causing the insulin resistance in the first place.

Lower the fat, and this problem doesn't occur.

Also, his assertion that eating sugar triggers insulin is misleading. Sure, sucrose triggers insulin but a reasonable amount of sugar at one time without a high fat intake will only minimally spike insulin. The starch is what really spikes the insulin and most people consume starch with a fair amount of fat which raises it even more.

Starch causes severe reactive hypoglycemia (I test with a glucose meter) in me but sugar never does.

D

danishispsychic

i agree, it has to be a gradual process... lower and lower and some days high fat- drinking lots of coffee on fatty days works for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals