Can’t seem to come out of estrogen dominance. Tried everything already

Justme

2 years ago I had the glorious idea to supplement with Maca (I know, I know, learned my lesson, please spare your comments regarding this), though it did many wonders for me like sharp mind and hours long concentration, mental resilience and endurance as well as beautiful hair and great sleep, I seem to have overdosed it maybe and here I am stuck in estrogen dominance. Some adipose tissue just won’t dissolve. Peating for 1,5 years, diet is fruits, milk, OJ, organ meats etc, mostly protein and carbs and a little fat. Digestion and body temp improved greatly. The only thing I can’t get rid of is this annoying estrogen dominance and I already tried everything. I made thorough research, not only on this forum. Also tried high-dose progest-e already. All other parameters seem working, just the estrogen dominance, especially in the legs ? so annoying, never had the problem though hypothyroid for more than a decade.
I can’t blame anything in lifestyle or diet. Does anybody know what to do?
Hi NodeCerebri. I don’t have estrogenic figure, but due to age the fascia will loosen up, and will create uneven surface on legs and whole body.
For me worked very well, just two drops of androsterone and large dose of Pregnenolone (to tighten the fascia).
Also, Oral Urea, will remove excess water like nothing else.
Taking too much progesterone made me feel less androgenic and therefore soft, though I take progesterone 2 weeks in a month. You just have to add a little androgens and you will like the results I think. I tried DHEA but didn’t see as much results like Andro.

boris

Maybe not genetics but something that some women are prone to which is determined by some genetic factors, I don't know.

Physical and mental stress, nutrition, toxin exposure in one's life is different for everyone. Nutrition and toxins probably have the biggest effect, but even a single statement someone told to you as a child can change how you experience different mental stressors as an adult and thus influence your longterm hormonal profile.

@NodeCerebri what do you think about Ray Peat's suggestion in the video I posted higher up in the thread on the causes of and how to remedy, cellulite, linking it to hypothyroidism? You said you are hypothyroid for over a decade.

How is your thyorid function at the moment?

Last edited:

Hirri

Physical and mental stress, nutrition, toxin exposure in one's life is different for everyone. Nutrition and toxins probably have the biggest effect, but even a single statement someone told to you as a child can change how you experience different mental stressors as an adult and thus influence your longterm hormonal profile.

@NodeCerebri what do you think about Ray Peat's suggestion in the video I posted higher up in the thread on the causes of and how to remedy, cellulite, linking it to hypothyroidism? You said you are hypothyroid for over a decade.

Boris, so if that's so, is it only aesthetical issue or something that needs to be fixed healthwise?

boris

Boris, so if that's so, is it only aesthetical issue or something that needs to be fixed healthwise?

I think it's something that possibly needs to be fixed healthwise, because Peat links a tendency for cellulite to hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism should be corrected because it can lead to serious downstream illnesses in the long run if not treated (cancer, alzheimers, diabetes, etc.).

Hirri

I think it's something that possibly needs to be fixed healthwise, because Peat links a tendency for cellulite to hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism should be corrected because it can lead to serious downstream illnesses in the long run if not treated (cancer, alzheimers, diabetes, etc.).
Is there any way to know if one actually has Hypothyroidism if none of the classical symptoms apply?

boris

Is there any way to know if one actually has Hypothyroidism if none of the classical symptoms apply?

Comparing waking temperature and pulse to midday temperature and pulse.

"Oral or armpit temperature, in the morning before getting out of bed, should be around 98F, and it should rise to 98.6F by mid-morning... Healthy populations have an average resting pulse of about 85 per minute. Especially in hot weather it is useful to consider both temperature and pulse rate.” Ray Peat

Danny Roddy has a detailed breakdown of how to go about it:
Danny Roddy | Demystifying Thyroid Supplementation

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

How is your thyorid function at the moment?
Your statement is so true. But I still think that we humans can create ourselves from scratch, even if we’re already adults. It takes much much more work of course, but it’s possible.

With hypothyroid I meant that it was diagnosed for over a decade. Since peating and doing and eating and thinking the right things, everything has greatly improved. BMs 2 times a day, temps an pulse are optimal, ravenous Hunger in the mornings.
Although I’m hesitant because of not wanting to stress my body again, it seems like I‘d need to increase exercise frequency and level a bit.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

Along the lines of CDG, have you looked up the three phases of estrogen detoxification? Carrie Jones has a really helpful IG series about each phase of the process and makes it clear that often we're focusing on a phase that our bodies don't actually struggle with. A lot of those supplements (DIM, CDG, sulforaphane) get lumped together as supplements to help people with estrogen dominance but actually help detoxification in totally different ways.

Here's one of her posts about how these supplements work differently:

And then her detoxification series:
Phase One:
Phase Two:
Phase Three:

Maybe her posts can help you figure out which phase is being affected the most?

This thread might also be helpful: Estrogen - How To Unbind From Tissues
haidut's post about halfway down the first page that starts with "Everything that inhibits metabolism will trigger estrogen synthesis" is what I'm thinking of. Do you take thyroid medication? Maybe your thyroid needs more support

From personal experience, I can't help at this point. I've been peating less than a year and am still struggling with estrogen dominance that's very evident in my legs. But I hope that the estrogen series helps.

Whoa, see that’s what I was talking about. Mind blown, will def check this out, thank you so much!

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

Hi NodeCerebri. I don’t have estrogenic figure, but due to age the fascia will loosen up, and will create uneven surface on legs and whole body.
For me worked very well, just two drops of androsterone and large dose of Pregnenolone (to tighten the fascia).
Taking too much progesterone made me feel less androgenic and therefore soft, though I take progesterone 2 weeks in a month. You just have to add a little androgens and you will like the results I think. I tried DHEA but didn’t see as much results like Andro.
Hi, thanks for your input! Will research this. How did you decide to go for this way?

Justme

Hi, thanks for your input! Will research this. How did you decide to go for this way?
I listened to one of the podcasts with Ray ...woman was talking about Progesterone didn’t make loose estrogen fat and in fact made her soft. He suggested adding little bit of DHEA. Dose depends on age and thyroid function.
In regards to Androsterone, I always wanted to try but was hesitant, thought it is only for guys because it raises testosterone. However, I lately tried a small dose and I love the results, immediate...
Somewhere in Haidut’s thread for Androsterone, there are posted studies, that Andro will effectively lower Estrogen like 90%.

boris

Your statement is so true. But I still think that we humans can create ourselves from scratch, even if we’re already adults. It takes much much more work of course, but it’s possible.

With hypothyroid I meant that it was diagnosed for over a decade. Since peating and doing and eating and thinking the right things, everything has greatly improved. BMs 2 times a day, temps an pulse are optimal, ravenous Hunger in the mornings.
Although I’m hesitant because of not wanting to stress my body again, it seems like I‘d need to increase exercise frequency and level a bit.
I think it can take some years to see certain improvements. I agree with creating yourself from scratch, it's very therapeutic when you recognize the bad influences and try to correct them.

For me personally I could not get out of hypothyroidism with diet alone, maybe it has to do with the mercury poisoning I experienced.

CO2 therapy sounds interesting for cellulite.

ccid-9-183Fig3.jpg

Comparative photographic register of the aspect of cellulite. Notes: (A, C) Rear view of gluteus and posterior right thigh at baseline; (B, D) rear view of right gluteus 7 days after the last carboxytherapy session; (E, G) right side view at baseline; and (F, H) rear view of the right gluteus after the last session of carboxytherapy.

ccid-9-183Fig5.jpg

Comparative panoramic images of the posterior thigh.
Notes: (A, C) Before treatment with carboxytherapy; (B, D) 7 days after the last session. Note the hyperechoic areas: bright echoes, highly reflective structures (white = dermis and fibrotic septa) and hypoechoic areas: sparse echoes, reflection, or intermediate transmission (gray = adipose tissue and skeletal muscle). The arrows indicate the areas compared and the decrease of the thickness of the fibrotic septa after treatment.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

I think it can take some years to see certain improvements. I agree with creating yourself from scratch, it's very therapeutic when you recognize the bad influences and try to correct them.

For me personally I could not get out of hypothyroidism with diet alone, maybe it has to do with the mercury poisoning I experienced.

CO2 therapy sounds interesting for cellulite.

ccid-9-183Fig3.jpg

Comparative photographic register of the aspect of cellulite. Notes: (A, C) Rear view of gluteus and posterior right thigh at baseline; (B, D) rear view of right gluteus 7 days after the last carboxytherapy session; (E, G) right side view at baseline; and (F, H) rear view of the right gluteus after the last session of carboxytherapy.

ccid-9-183Fig5.jpg

Comparative panoramic images of the posterior thigh.
Notes: (A, C) Before treatment with carboxytherapy; (B, D) 7 days after the last session. Note the hyperechoic areas: bright echoes, highly reflective structures (white = dermis and fibrotic septa) and hypoechoic areas: sparse echoes, reflection, or intermediate transmission (gray = adipose tissue and skeletal muscle). The arrows indicate the areas compared and the decrease of the thickness of the fibrotic septa after treatment.
Great find, thanks!

Oh gosh, Mercury poisoning sounds terrible. Did you get tested? What do you think of those chelation therapies?

boris

Great find, thanks!

Oh gosh, Mercury poisoning sounds terrible. Did you get tested? What do you think of those chelation therapies?

It was from an amalgam removal without safety measures. I tried sodium succinate in the past. I did not to do the standard therapies and also not the challenge test because both draw the accumulated heavy metals out of the tissues and can relocate them causing further problems. I know some people swear by the chelation therapies, but I decided it's not worth it. Just doing the Peat approach of increasing metabolism to make my body slowly chelate it over time now.

Hirri

It was from an amalgam removal without safety measures. I tried sodium succinate in the past. I did not to do the standard therapies and also not the challenge test because both draw the accumulated heavy metals out of the tissues and can relocate them causing further problems. I know some people swear by the chelation therapies, but I decided it's not worth it. Just doing the Peat approach of increasing metabolism to make my body slowly chelate it over time now.
Do you know this blog? I found it useful for insomnia when I had it some time ago. This guy says he has insomnia because of mercury poisoning and tries so much unusual stuff :)

T

TheBeard

Anavar
Trenbolone
Proviron
Progesterone

Any of those will flush the estrogens out of you in no time.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

Anavar
Trenbolone
Proviron
Progesterone

Any of those will flush the estrogens out of you in no time.
Tried progesterone already, also in high dose :(
Okay I think I need to experiment with androgens then. But isn’t there a certain risk that androgens can also turn into estrogen again?

T

TheBeard

Tried progesterone already, also in high dose :(
Okay I think I need to experiment with androgens then. But isn’t there a certain risk that androgens can also turn into estrogen again?

Not the ones I mentioned, I carefuly chose them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals