Can’t seem to come out of estrogen dominance. Tried everything already

NodeCerebri

2 years ago I had the glorious idea to supplement with Maca (I know, I know, learned my lesson, please spare your comments regarding this), though it did many wonders for me like sharp mind and hours long concentration, mental resilience and endurance as well as beautiful hair and great sleep, I seem to have overdosed it maybe and here I am stuck in estrogen dominance. Some adipose tissue just won’t dissolve. Peating for 1,5 years, diet is fruits, milk, OJ, organ meats etc, mostly protein and carbs and a little fat. Digestion and body temp improved greatly. The only thing I can’t get rid of is this annoying estrogen dominance and I already tried everything. I made thorough research, not only on this forum. Also tried high-dose progest-e already. All other parameters seem working, just the estrogen dominance, especially in the legs ? so annoying, never had the problem though hypothyroid for more than a decade.
I can’t blame anything in lifestyle or diet. Does anybody know what to do?

equipoise

2 years ago I had the glorious idea to supplement with Maca (I know, I know, learned my lesson, please spare your comments regarding this), though it did many wonders for me like sharp mind and hours long concentration, mental resilience and endurance as well as beautiful hair and great sleep, I seem to have overdosed it maybe and here I am stuck in estrogen dominance. Some adipose tissue just won’t dissolve. Peating for 1,5 years, diet is fruits, milk, OJ, organ meats etc, mostly protein and carbs and a little fat. Digestion and body temp improved greatly. The only thing I can’t get rid of is this annoying estrogen dominance and I already tried everything. I made thorough research, not only on this forum. Also tried high-dose progest-e already. All other parameters seem working, just the estrogen dominance, especially in the legs ? so annoying, never had the problem though hypothyroid for more than a decade.
How does "estrogen dominance" feel to you? Something as simple as B complex can get rid of it. I've found P5P B6 extremely potent even in <10mg doses (4-5mg's as per Haidut's Energin) to get rid of some puffiness.

Have you tried light exercising? Long walks?

Diet aside, how are your stress levels/life situation/relationship/sex etc etc...

Maljam

Have you tried vitamin E or boiled mushrooms and drinking the water they are boiled in too?

Zigzag

I had this issue many years. I managed to fix the estrogen issue, but the fat won't simply go. You jsut gotta get super lean first. The fat tissue won't magically transfer from legs elsewhere.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

How does "estrogen dominance" feel to you?
Normally I am quite lean and have no cellulite, but now the stubborn tissue is there. My skin is normally also clear and now in the last week of my menstrual cycle I get pimples. Water retention, breasts hurt..

Something as simple as B complex can get rid of it. I've found P5P B6 extremely potent even in <10mg doses (4-5mg's as per Haidut's Energin) to get rid of some puffiness.
Also tried my own complex putting together the ingredients and amounts of Energin. Also tried Vitamin E already. Really everything.
Have you tried light exercising? Long walks?

Diet aside, how are your stress levels/life situation/relationship/sex etc etc...
Yeah I go on long walks and do hula-hooping frequently. I am hesitant in increasing the frequency or the level because I do not want to overtrain again.
Stress levels are there now and then but not that much that i would stick in the stress metabolism always.. I am quite abstinent and alone, but this was like that all my life and gives me the most peace as I seem to function better that way.
That’s why I am so confused, but thanks for your input!

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

I had this issue many years. I managed to fix the estrogen issue, but the fat won't simply go. You jsut gotta get super lean first. The fat tissue won't magically transfer from legs elsewhere.
LOL no that’s also not what I meant. I am not sitting here and waiting for everything to fix itself. Maybe read my post or the other posts again. I wouldn’t have posted the question otherwise.

Maljam

Yep, also tried carrots.. Mushrooms worked way less than carrots though.

How much vitamin E did you use? Where did you get it from?

Have you had blood tests for estrogen before and after? I know someone who made their estrogen almost undetectable on a blood test through vitamin E doses.

Karamela

I personally got great benefits (though not related to losing body fat) from eating one raw carrot a day. This helps tremendously to avoid reabsorption of the estrogen ready to be evacuated back into the blood stream. I don't even bother to make a carrot salad, just peel one and eat as such.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

How much vitamin E did you use? Where did you get it from?

Have you had blood tests for estrogen before and after? I know someone who made their estrogen almost undetectable on a blood test through vitamin E doses.
Used mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols, got it from a trusted supplier. Upped my dosage to 1200 IU daily.

No, these docs don’t want to these tests here and I don’t have the Financial capability to pay for them myself. I think regarding estrogen the blood test isn’t necessary as it’s pretty safe that it’s estrogen dominance.

Maljam

I'm not quite sure what you are wanting people to suggest? You say you can't blame diet or lifestyle, you have tried every supplement and don't have blood tests. What would you like people to do going forwards?

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

I'm not quite sure what you are wanting people to suggest? You say you can't blame diet or lifestyle, you have tried every supplement and don't have blood tests. What would you like people to do going forwards?
Maybe it’s possible that I’m still missing out something and people who were stuck in the exact same situation know what to address and can tell me. Which means that if somebody just doesn’t know, he also doesn’t have to contribute anything to this.

YourUniverse

What about soaps, perfumes, moisturizers and other personal products? Is your shower head clean, new? Do you take long hot showers? Do you heat food in plastic containers or appliances regularly?

Is your living situation very stressful?

Hirri

Have you ever thought that it's just genetics and that's how you are? I also have what you call "estrogen dominance" in the legs, which I call simple cellulite. I made it disappear when I had very low bofy fat percentage which made me look amazing but feel terrible.

Nicole W.

Have you tried CDG... calcium d glucarate? It helps the liver do the job of eliminating excess hormones before they are recycled. It helps with estrogen dominance when combined with all the other hacks.

That being said, I just want to point out that women’s legs change as they get older and this may be a natural trajectory for you. I see women develop both thicker looking legs as they age and sometimes the opposite, where they look like toothpicks compared to their torsos. Our hormones can take us down many different paths.

Also, we store a lot of toxins in fat and over the years these things accumulate and the body deposits them in the safest places possible.... probably fat on the legs would be one of those places. So that may be more what is happening here.

I don’t know how old you are but I can say with confidence that each decade of a woman’s life has some pretty dramatic changes in store. I see this more so in women than in men.

Hirri

Have you tried CDG... calcium d glucarate? It helps the liver do the job of eliminating excess hormones before they are recycled. It helps with estrogen dominance when combined with all the other hacks.

That being said, I just want to point out that women’s legs change as they get older and this may be a natural trajectory for you. I see women develop both thicker looking legs as they age and sometimes the opposite, where they look like toothpicks compared to their torsos. Our hormones can take us down many different paths.

Also, we store a lot of toxins in fat and over the years these things accumulate and the body deposits them in the safest places possible.... probably fat on the legs would be one of those places. So that may be more what is happening here.

I don’t know how old you are but I can say with confidence that each decade of a woman’s life has some pretty dramatic changes in store. I see this more so in women than in men.

Exactly! Plus as I said cellulite or thicker legs for a woman does not automatically means there is something unhealthy about her.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

What about soaps, perfumes, moisturizers and other personal products? Is your shower head clean, new? Do you take long hot showers? Do you heat food in plastic containers or appliances regularly?
Only coconut oil on my skin, minimal to zero plastic etc, but with the shower head you made me think now.. I aim to get filters everywhere but simply can’t afford it now.
Is your living situation very stressful?
Wouldn’t say so no.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

No I didn’t, will look into this, thank you! What’s so special about the glucarate form?

This can be true yes, but I still think that this can be influenced by everyone himself, not matter what age and what gender. That’s why I’m experimenting. Besides, I’m normally lean and muscular and not even 30. Need to look into the calcium thing thanks!

Hirri

No I didn’t, will look into this, thank you! What’s so special about the glucarate form?

This can be true yes, but I still think that this can be influenced by everyone himself, not matter what age and what gender. That’s why I’m experimenting. Besides, I’m normally lean and muscular and not even 30. Need to look into the calcium thing thanks!
What is your body fat? I am also lean and muscular, even when I worked out a lot I still had that issue. It was gone only when I was (not intentionaly) at 12% body fat which was very unhealthy. That is why I came to conclusion that it's genetics.

Nicole W.

CDG improves glucuronidation, a process by which the liver facilitates the clearance of toxins and used hormones from the body. CDG exists in many foods but in small amounts. A supplement can help accelerate this process, to shift the estrogen balance in the body.