Ukrainian [25 y.o. Male] looking for a sponsor (host) in the UK to apply for the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme

Nazar

Hi there, my name is Nazar. I am 25 years old and I am looking for a sponsor who can provide accommodation for me in the United Kingdom under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme.

Some info about myself:

I am fluent in English (around C1 level).

I have a bachelor degree in IT and I'm planning to start looking for a job as soon as I arrive in the UK.

As someone who's familiar with Ray and his teaching, I'm hoping to find a sponsor who shares similar values.

Regarding my health: My main concern in gut sensitivity. My current diet is limited due to food availability and consist mostly of dairy products, primarily skimmed boiled [raw] milk. Even boiled milk produces SIBO over time and that affects my liver. I believe this will change once I am able to add lighter, more easily digestible plant-based foods.

If you'd like to know more, please feel free to ask.

If you are interested in helping me with accommodation in the UK, please contact me so we can arrange a video call to get to know each other better.

Last edited:
OP
Nazar

Nazar

You can find official information about the scheme here: Apply for a visa under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme (Homes for Ukraine)

As well as guides for sponsors on the scheme: Homes for Ukraine: sponsor guides

Some key guides from the collection:

OP
Nazar

Nazar

Some key points from the guides:

You should consider how many people you can accommodate so they have sufficient space. The law states that two people should not share one room unless they are:

- adult cohabiting partners
- a parent and child
- two siblings of the same gender if aged over 10
- two siblings regardless of gender if aged under 10
People who don’t know each other should not be given the same room.

If you try to sponsor more people than you can accommodate, this will delay your guests’ visa application and could affect if they get a visa or not.

---

Your local authority will complete checks on the accommodation and living arrangements, along with safeguarding checks (including Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks) to determine your suitability as a sponsor.

If you do not consent to undergoing these checks, you will not be able to become a sponsor.

---

The host and all adults in their home will have security and criminal checks. This includes checks on government databases such as the Police National Computer, or its equivalent in Ireland.

---

Your local council will also make at least one in-person visit once your guests have arrived to see if there are any welfare concerns or formal assessments that should be made.

---

You will receive £350 a month during the first 12 months of your guests’ stay. This increases to £500 once your guest has been in the UK for 12 months in order to help sponsors who are able to continue hosting for longer. The thank you payment is available for a maximum of up to two years after the guest arrives. This includes if you are hosting a guest who is already in the country.

This is provided that the accommodation is of a suitable standard.

The first payment will be made after your local council’s first accommodation check, once your guests have arrived. After this point, payments will be made monthly, in arrears, backdated to the date your guests arrived in your accommodation. If the council is not satisfied that you meet the needs of the scheme you will not receive the payment.

---

If you are experiencing concerns related to the cost of living, you may want to consider asking guests to pay a reasonable and proportionate contribution (according to use) for water, gas and electricity consumed or supplied to the accommodation or to any shared facilities.

---

From Guidance for guests:

Sponsors are not expected to use this money to pay for food, or other support, for you. Your sponsor is not allowed to charge you rent while you are staying with them but they may ask you to make a reasonable contribution towards food and other household expenses during your stay.

If you think you are being asked to contribute an unreasonable amount of money, speak to your local council.

wzuo

why just not come to Poland? plenty of IT work available remote or locally, cheaper cost of living, better food. Plus probably you won't require any invitations

OP
Nazar

Nazar

For IT jobs this doesn't matter - I worked with a few people from Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and everybody was using English as main language anyway
Thanks for your advice. I will consider this option if I won't be able to move to an English-speaking country. Work is just one aspect. I don't know about food, but the cost of living should be more or less proportional to salaries.

Peater

Hey mate. What are your expectations for life in the UK? (Not wanting to ask a leading question)

OP
Nazar

Nazar

Hey mate. What are your expectations for life in the UK? (Not wanting to ask a leading question)
This is a broad question, I don't have a fancy image in my head though. To answer a question: Why UK? -- it is, first, because like I mentioned, I want to move to an English-speaking country. So, to be able to socialize beyond work and improve in speaking English among natives. I do not necessarily want to go to North America (plus, the US wants you to be COVID vaccinated), which some Ukrainians do. I also have relatives in the UK, but unfortunately they're unable to host me. There are other factors, but these are the main ones. Ask specifics if you want.

Peater

This is a broad question, I don't have a fancy image in my head though. To answer a question: Why UK? -- it is, first, because like I mentioned, I want to move to an English-speaking country. So, to be able to socialize beyond work and improve in speaking English among natives. I do not necessarily want to go to North America (plus, the US wants you to be COVID vaccinated), which some Ukrainians do. I also have relatives in the UK, but unfortunately they're unable to host me. There are other factors, but these are the main ones. Ask specifics if you want.
Those are pretty good reasons, I didn't want to bias your answers by telling you this place is a crowded, expensive, shithole and unless you are already very wealthy don't expect to do much except live "hand to mouth". I think the US dropped vaccine requirements recently?

Those are pretty good reasons, I didn't want to bias your answers by telling you this place is a crowded, expensive, shithole and unless you are already very wealthy don't expect to do much except live "hand to mouth". I think the US dropped vaccine requirements recently?
I am British and I agree with this, @Nazar.
Spare yourself. This country is especially not good if you care about affordable, healthy food.

Peater

I am British and I agree with this, @Nazar.
Spare yourself. This country is especially not good if you care about affordable, healthy food.
Just my opinion, food isn't such an issue (Well until maybe very recently) but it's everything else especially housing prices and taxes. With respect to our American posters I think the average quality and availability of food here is probably better (Of course a box of Oreos or Frosties is still just utter crap). You can easily make a healthy meal from ingredients for not much, but you've probably seen all the fatties on TV whinging about not eating so they can feed their kids (Deliveroo)

Back
Top Bottom