Please Help (Mainly Sugar Diet)

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Hmmm, well I would definitely stick with the T3 then. Maybe give T4 another try at a later date. I think a lot of times thyroid can start working the 3rd or 4th time someone tries it. Likely because as the time as passed, the individual has became more PUFA depleted and now they're responding to it better.
Yea Jessie Ill try T3 for now

Also would you Personally do Kale broth daily, you think thats a good idea to get a good portion of yoyr minerals?
Ive heard kale can be anti thyroid but only if not cooked correct?

Jessie

Yea Jessie Ill try T3 for now

Also would you Personally do Kale broth daily, you think thats a good idea to get a good portion of yoyr minerals?
Ive heard kale can be anti thyroid but only if not cooked correct?
Cooking it deactivates the goitrogens in it. Daily use is fine, it's probably the easiest source of magnesium for most people. Chocolate is also a respectable source of magnesium. Mag bicarbonate, epsom salt, and Magnoil are all good supplemental forms of magnesium.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Cooking it deactivates the goitrogens in it. Daily use is fine, it's probably the easiest source of magnesium for most people. Chocolate is also a respectable source of magnesium. Mag bicarbonate, epsom salt, and Magnoil are all good supplemental forms of magnesium.
I just purchased a can of magnesium powder, added milk and sugar, and it was delish

Hey Jessie its been around day 5 inwhich I eat a higher carb, mostlty from fructose, less but still some startch, and limited fat (sat fat only) diet to get my glucose oxidation goin on. Yesterday night I couldnt sleep. I had insane tingling sensations in fingers and toes and just felt like mentally wasnt there... kept waking every few hours too

You think my bodies taking a while to convert? Idk what Im doin wrong, Im feelin worse with more fructose tbh. I hope its just a phase tho

Meant to say Cacao powder not magnesium xD

Last edited:

Jessie

I just purchased a can of magnesium powder, added milk and sugar, and it was delish

Hey Jessie its been around day 5 inwhich I eat a higher carb, mostlty from fructose, less but still some startch, and limited fat (sat fat only) diet to get my glucose oxidation goin on. Yesterday night I couldnt sleep. I had insane tingling sensations in fingers and toes and just felt like mentally wasnt there... kept waking every few hours too

You think my bodies taking a while to convert? Idk what Im doin wrong, Im feelin worse with more fructose tbh. I hope its just a phase tho
Do you eat liver and eggs? Choline is really important when you increase fructose consumption. Choline, vitamin K2, and coffee will help keep the liver running smoothly on high sugar diets.

Some people have troubleshooting when they jack up their fructose consumption, and their could be a number of issues as to why (NAFLD, hypothyroid, fructose malabsorption, deficiencies, etc.). If you feel better with higher starch then just do the safer starches, like potatoes, rice, masa harina etc. I think years of low carb dieting can really f**k up the liver's ability to handle sugar.

Tim Berzins made a decent video talking about this:

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Do you eat liver and eggs? Choline is really important when you increase fructose consumption. Choline, vitamin K2, and coffee will help keep the liver running smoothly on high sugar diets.

Some people have troubleshooting when they jack up their fructose consumption, and their could be a number of issues as to why (NAFLD, hypothyroid, fructose malabsorption, deficiencies, etc.). If you feel better with higher starch then just do the safer starches, like potatoes, rice, masa harina etc. I think years of low carb dieting can really f**k up the liver's ability to handle sugar.

Tim Berzins made a decent video talking about this:

Yea I think you might be right about the liver being fuckeed up, Ive been doing low carb for sooo long, Im sure my bods used to this mode of operation

Ill try adding more eggs, although Ive been eating liver and oysters daily these past 5 days,
Ill also start K2 as well, and reincorporate a bit more starch

Ive noticed I woke up several times last night to urinate and the color was always clear

Thanks again Jessie for helping a brother out

Maljam

Yea I think you might be right about the liver being fuckeed up, Ive been doing low carb for sooo long, Im sure my bods used to this mode of operation

Ill try adding more eggs, although Ive been eating liver and oysters daily these past 5 days,

Ive noticed I woke up several times last night to urinate and the color was always clear

You don't need liver and oysters daily, how long are you planning on doing that? Egg yolks are the safest to eat on a daily basis for choline needs, liver and oysters have very high levels of certain vitamins.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

You don't need liver and oysters daily, how long are you planning on doing that? Egg yolks are the safest to eat on a daily basis for choline needs, liver and oysters have very high levels of certain vitamins.
Il do more eggs daily even tho Ive been hesistant because of its pufa load... I really want to raise my own Chicks and feed them a proper diet...and well for liver Im only eating 1/4th a cup a day, I checked on cronometer so I wouldnt be consuming waayyy too much vit A cuz theres a ton in liver

As for the oysters... I have been enjoying a regular sized square tin can daily:9

If I dont need oysters daily, instead perhaps everyother day then my wallet will appreciate it

Also now that I think of it Ive been getting less protien these past few days and I remember Georgi mentioning its importance for proper liver function...

Maljam would you happen to know of any great protein powders to incorporate more protien daily?

Of course Ill aqcuire some protein from milk too.

Maljam

Il do more eggs daily even tho Ive been hesistant because of its pufa load... I really want to raise my own Chicks and feed them a proper diet...and well for liver Im only eating 1/4th a cup a day, I checked on cronometer so I wouldnt be consuming waayyy too much vit A cuz theres a ton in liver

As for the oysters... I have been enjoying a regular sized square tin can daily:9

If I dont need oysters daily, instead perhaps everyother day then my wallet will appreciate it

Also now that I think of it Ive been getting less protien these past few days and I remember Georgi mentioning its importance for proper liver function...

Maljam would you happen to know of any great protein powders to incorporate more protien daily?

Of course Ill aqcuire some protein from milk too.

Don't worry about the PUFA in eggs, you should only need 2-3 to cover choline needs, the benefits of egg yolks far outweigh the PUFA IMO. Many people have lived past 100 eating eggs, just avoid industrial vegetable oils.

I still think oysters every other day is a lot, a can is around, what, 75mg zinc? Unless you are eating them temporarily to recover some sort of zinc deficiency, that is a large amount of zinc to be consuming daily or every other day long term.

Do you not eat meat, beef or lamb? Protein powders come with their own sets of issues.

Richiebogie

Pineapple Juice has a lot of potassium, magnesium, folate, b6, thiamine, copper etc.

It is cheap and makes me feel better than sugar drinks.

I make a smoothie with a cup of pineapple juice, 3 bananas, 3 teaspoons of desiccated coconut and 75g cherries or raspberries! The bananas have a lot of fibre which I usually see again 26 hours later!

The rest of the time I eat lamb or beef, cheese and a coffee espresso milkshake.

I recently began avoiding spinach and Swiss chard and dark chocolate due to oxalates. My mouth ulcers have gone away!

Ableton

Eat potatoes instead
Also cheap, and they wont make you manic, because the more complex carbs take longer for your gut to split up
Also, they have micros and a history of being the main cal source of humans, in regions that did quite well also
Then add fructose on top when you crave it

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Don't worry about the PUFA in eggs, you should only need 2-3 to cover choline needs, the benefits of egg yolks far outweigh the PUFA IMO. Many people have lived past 100 eating eggs, just avoid industrial vegetable oils.

I still think oysters every other day is a lot, a can is around, what, 75mg zinc? Unless you are eating them temporarily to recover some sort of zinc deficiency, that is a large amount of zinc to be consuming daily or every other day long term.

Do you not eat meat, beef or lamb? Protein powders come with their own sets of issues.
Ill try once every other day or even less on oysters

Also Ill try eggs to see if Im feeling better on my higher fruit/sugar diet
Thanks for the help Maljam :)

Tbh I dont really eat a lot of meat, the only meat I ever cook is liver. I know powders come with thier own issues but I like the convience of a quick smoothie and go over cooking.

I asked Georgi what his take on protein powders was and he said, if he had to choose one, itd be Caesin protein....

However upon checking several online Caesin vendors Ive noticed the amino acid composition on most is fairly high on Tryptophan (precursor to serotonin) as well as Arginine (precursor to Nitric Oxide?) and much lower in Glycine when compared to other forms of protein powders (Collagen protein powder for example has no tryptophan, lower amounts of Arginine and wayyy higher in Glycine content)

So... Im not sure why Georgi would reccomend Caesin given these amino acids are relatively high, would you happen to know Maljam, or anyone here think they might have an understanding as to why Caesin is far more superior? Possibly the overall cleanliness of the product?

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Pineapple Juice has a lot of potassium, magnesium, folate, b6, thiamine, copper etc.

It is cheap and makes me feel better than sugar drinks.

I make a smoothie with a cup of pineapple juice, 3 bananas, 3 teaspoons of desiccated coconut and 75g cherries or raspberries! The bananas have a lot of fibre which I usually see again 26 hours later!

The rest of the time I eat lamb or beef, cheese and a coffee espresso milkshake.

I recently began avoiding spinach and Swiss chard and dark chocolate due to oxalates. My mouth ulcers have gone away!
Ill stock up on pineapples :) I was enjoying a very sweet juicy one a couple days back it was tasty, and pineapple mixed with cherries sounds bomb:9

Ive heard ray mention Bananas contain some Serotonin, have you experienced any issues with these at all? Cuz I miss bananas but stopped since he mentioned this.

Do you think heat reduces oxolates? Im eating alot of greens cooked hopefully that helps somewhat

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Eat potatoes instead
Also cheap, and they wont make you manic, because the more complex carbs take longer for your gut to split up
Also, they have micros and a history of being the main cal source of humans, in regions that did quite well also
Then add fructose on top when you crave it
Just purchased myself a bag yest. Ive been missing them, stopped bc of a bacterial overgrowth but Im currently on tetracycline so hoping thatll prevent further damage

Tingling sensation sound like nerve damage? Did you think that through with the all - sugar diet? You need to take B vitamins and lay off the sugar maybe.

So, you are going from keto to full blown all sugar diet? why? Is this a joke? The frequent urination is also diabetic sign. Please eat normal, no protein shakes, instead beef or lean pork, do not eat like an space invader, it does not work.

Last edited:
OP
L

Luis aguilar

Tingling sensation sound like nerve damage? Did you think that through with the all - sugar diet? You need to take B vitamins and lay off the sugar maybe.
Well no I wasnt blown keto, Ive been eating more carbs, starch and sugar (normal diet) for like 5 months now (carbs main source of fuel) little fat, moderate protein

Before these past 5 months I have had a history of alot of fasting and doing some ketosis... so even after 5 months I suspect stress hormones to be pretty elevated.

It wasnt until 6 days ago tho that I decided to try and get most my calories from at least fructose/ sugar and fruit. So Ive limited my starch and fat, and also havent been getting much protein these past 6 days. (Just eating fruit, sugar water, and a lil cooked veggies)

Yesterday night I could not sleep AT ALL and have had tingling in my extremities (even until this morning) fingers and feet, constant clear urination througout the night

I do believe that youre right, some nerve damage :/

Tristan Loscha if I were to take B vitamins, which would you reccomend and daily dosage would be awesome, thank you

I guess Im stumped tho because I keep hearing Ray/Danny/Georgi explain fructose to be a better fuel, however after incorporating alot more into my diet these past 6 days Ive only been feeling worse

Any further inputs/explanations highly beneficial

Richiebogie

Ive heard ray mention Bananas contain some Serotonin, have you experienced any issues with these at all? Cuz I miss bananas but stopped since he mentioned this.

Nothing obvious, but you never know what is going on behind the scenes.

Ray Peat has mentioned that you need potassium and other nutrients to go with sugar, so fruit is ideal.

The plant wants animals to eat its fruit to help spread its seeds. It doesn’t want animals eating it’s leaves or seeds unless the seeds are swallowed whole!

Do you think heat reduces oxolates? Im eating alot of greens cooked hopefully that helps somewhat

Cooking helps you eat more, so more oxalate. The leaves may contain calcium and magnesium but this is locked away as oxalates which form sharp crystals that can get lodged in your tissues.

Fruit, beef, lamb, cheese and eggs are good foods. Be wary of vegetables and PUFA.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Well no I wasnt blown keto, Ive been eating more carbs, starch and sugar (normal diet) for like 5 months now (carbs main source of fuel) little fat, moderate protein

Before these past 5 months I have had a history of alot of fasting and doing some ketosis... so even after 5 months I suspect stress hormones to be pretty elevated.

It wasnt until 6 days ago tho that I decided to try and get most my calories from at least fructose/ sugar and fruit. So Ive limited my starch and fat, and also havent been getting much protein these past 6 days. (Just eating fruit, sugar water, and a lil cooked veggies)

Yesterday night I could not sleep AT ALL and have had tingling in my extremities (even until this morning) fingers and feet, constant clear urination througout the night

I do believe that youre right, some nerve damage :/

Tristan Loscha if I were to take B vitamins, which would you reccomend and daily dosage would be awesome, thank you

I guess Im stumped tho because I keep hearing Ray/Danny/Georgi explain fructose to be a better fuel, however after incorporating alot more into my diet these past 6 days Ive only been feeling worse

Any further inputs/explanations highly beneficial
Actually meant to reply to both your comm
Nothing obvious, but you never know what is going on behind the scenes.

Ray Peat has mentioned that you need potassium and other nutrients to go with sugar, so fruit is ideal.

The plant wants animals to eat its fruit to help spread its seeds. It doesn’t want animals eating it’s leaves or seeds unless the seeds are swallowed whole!

Cooking helps you eat more, so more oxalate. The leaves may contain calcium and magnesium but this is locked away as oxalates which form sharp crystals that can get lodged in your tissues.

Fruit, beef, lamb, cheese and eggs are good foods. Be wary of vegetables and PUFA.
Thank you for your input Richiebogie :)

So then more fruit, less veggies, gotcha ;)

Just to be certain...the oxolates can also be found in the broth of the boiled veggies?

Id love to have my own chicks for eggs, feed them a proper diet, although Im pretty sure its illegal here in California -___-

Actually meant to reply to both your comm

Thank you for your input Richiebogie :)

So then more fruit, less veggies, gotcha ;)

Just to be certain...the oxolates can also be found in the broth of the boiled veggies?

Id love to have my own chicks for eggs, feed them a proper diet, although Im pretty sure its illegal here in California -___-

I am not from the USA, but from germany, but i looked at some american supplements, and the only multi i can recommend is Thorne research 2/day, it has overall good composition, and no really bad material. I would take 4-8 halves of 2-4 capsules over the day with foods,then decrease after a couple of weeks to 2 capsules/d, and after some months, down to 1 capsule a day. Calcium and magnesium are missing, maybe Ca as carbonate, and Mg as citrate to meals. RP is for an relatively even mix of carb and fat iirc, the plain sugar intake is seen by him as some kind of emergency supplement, like in diabetes, not as a regular foodchoice. You should learn to eat regular meals, 3 times day, with meat, cheese, eggs and fruits and butter as carb and fatsource, seafood recc is also good, but you need to focus on the basics. For the oxalates, google low oxalate vegetables to see good ones in that regard. Fruitlike vegs like cucumber and bellpepper have typically lower or very low oxalate content.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals