I Want To Try A Durian Rider Esque Diet (With Protein!)

tankasnowgod

I got inspired by his videos trashing mainstream medicine on the topic of SUGAR which to this day is far more controversial than low carb / carnivores even!

Yeah, maybe it's controversial anywhere but the Ray Peat Forum.

DR is still a vegan, tho. Notice that I didn't call out the rice in your diet. If you can show anything he wrote that says, "Yeah, milk or meat can be okay in limited amounts as long as you eat 70% fruit," well, I guess I'm wrong.

I just don't think DR's advice or behavior or videos are good on the whole. While I have lots of respect for Peat.

After all, listen to this clip from Peat-

One of the reasons he recommends eating sugar is that it can INCREASE blood cholesterol! Where, anywhere, does DR say that Cholesterol is good in any way, shape, or form?

kreeese

Yeah, maybe it's controversial anywhere but the Ray Peat Forum.

DR is still a vegan, tho. Notice that I didn't call out the rice in your diet. If you can show anything he wrote that says, "Yeah, milk or meat can be okay in limited amounts as long as you eat 70% fruit," well, I guess I'm wrong.

I just don't think DR's advice or behavior or videos are good on the whole. While I have lots of respect for Peat.

After all, listen to this clip from Peat-

One of the reasons he recommends eating sugar is that it can INCREASE blood cholesterol! Where, anywhere, does DR say that Cholesterol is good in any way, shape, or form?

YESSSS 10000 PERCENT

schultz

i will get a nice bike whenever I buy my house in the suburbs of Toronto. Soon enough hopefully, looking forward to that

Dude, real estate in Toronto is crazy expensive right now! What's that mortgage gonna look like? I literally saw listed what looked to be a shed for $1,000,000 and the property was tiny.

I think everyone is getting a bit hung up on the DR-esque thing. He is just saying he was inspired by the increased sugar intake and wants to snowball with that idea. That is why he said "esque". Not every thread has to become an argument...

OP
V

Vegancrossfit

Dude, real estate in Toronto is crazy expensive right now! What's that mortgage gonna look like? I literally saw listed what looked to be a shed for $1,000,000 and the property was tiny.

I think everyone is getting a bit hung up on the DR-esque thing. He is just saying he was inspired by the increased sugar intake and wants to snowball with that idea. That is why he said "esque". Not every thread has to become an argument...

we’re taking our time! Also looking at Ottawa if jobs are good there

and yeah thank you for understanding what “inspired by” means, I clearly didn’t read the endless paragraphs I don’t care for those ideological debates. Perhaps those stuck up people need to carb the f*ck up ;) barring my pound of Lean meat/fish daily (which I like to have first thing in the morning) the rest of my day is 80% carbs 8% fat 12% protein, not being scared of added sugars or refined starch or whatever. It’s great!

Last edited:

YourUniverse

Ah, missed the post where you're from toronto. I was there all day yesterday! Bikes are faster than cars in the DT core... just please be courteous on the road :praying:

schultz

Ah, missed the post where you're from toronto. I was there all day yesterday! Bikes are faster than cars in the DT core... just please be courteous on the road :praying:

I was there last week visiting my brother. A lady jogging on the sidewalk was faster than our car.... Of course it was Young St.

My wife and I want to move to NS. Houses and property are really cheap there right now. Maybe live on the ocean! But I'm not much of a city person. I worked in Toronto for a few years and I couldn't stand it. Now I live in Niagara on 10 acres.

My other brother lived in Ottawa for a bit. I liked it there actually.

OP
V

Vegancrossfit

Yonge! Haha

Ottawa is probably far superior for the sympathetic nervous system (read: less stressful). Plus I don’t dislike extreme temperatures. Some epic winters there

Last edited:
OP
V

Vegancrossfit

Alrighty this will be a short lived experiment: all those carbs make me crave protein immensely, and starches feel awful. Not that digestion is bad or anything, but there’s like zero enjoyment.

So I’ll keep going on protein and sugar. I guess that would be consistent with my high cortisol test results? Cortisol goes high in the absence of sugar and/or protein. Might as well pound on those

Back
Top Bottom