Food And Supplement Log

Luann

Some people on here have had success with a fat-free diet. Like, no fat at all. After a few weeks you add in a very saturated form of fat like coconut or palm kernel, both of which are more stable than the eggs you're eating now.

OP
N

nomoreketones

@Tenacity, I'm not counting my calories. I'm just eating to appetite. I'm not stuffing my face with food. Once my physical hunger is satisfied I stop eating.

@Luibo, my daily egg is my only source of choline right now and I eat it for the nutrients. The 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil is insignificant. There is no way I can avoid the fat from rice. All rice contains trace amount of fats naturally. There are .4 grams of fat per cup of cooked rice. For all practical purposes my diet is a very low fat diet.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Morning waist measurement: 44.75"
Morning Temperature: 97.6 degrees F

Fructose is making my waist expand rapidly without making the rest of my body fat. The last time I added fructose to my diet a few years ago, the same thing happened. I was hoping that by keeping PUFA low and having a good calcium to phosphate ratio, I would be able to consume fructose without my waistline rapidly expanding. Unfortunately it did not work.

I am officially ending my Ray Peat experiment until I can figure out why fructose affects my body composition so badly. I will try to keep my PUFA low but beyond that I'm going to abandon Ray Peat principles for the time being. I am going to move to a Fructose Free diet together with intermittent fasting because that can reduce my waist size. I know Ray Peat favors fructose because it is supposed to replenish glycogen stores the best and is good at producing CO2. I know Ray Peat is opposed to fasting because it can lead to a higher stress load which can hurt oxidative metabolism. But I just cannot allow my waist to expand any more.

The end for now. I'll be back if I can figure out how to consume fructose without my belly expanding.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Still trying to figure this ***t out.

Weight Loss - after leaving this forum
I eventually got my waist down to 38" by fasting combined with a high starch, low fat, low fructose diet. My extreme hunger went away and sometimes I could fast for up to around 54 hours. But eventually fasting stopped working because my hunger for food got much worse. In addition, my boners where the worst the have ever been and I completely lost my interest in women. Hands always cold.

Weight Gain - Trying to gain back libido
Added pistachios to the diet in the middle of last year because they are supposed to be good for libido and have a ton of essential nutrients. Adding pistachios/nuts to my diet and there was a brief spike in libido but eventually this led to a stress response and my hands were constantly sweaty all day long and I couldn't sleep. My waist also went up to 40" slowly over time.

Failed Weight Loss -
At the end of last year I tried low carb and fasting together. Low carb worked at one time in the past but doesn't work anymore for me. Fasting once worked for me too but didn't work this time either. I can't fast anymore because my hunger is too strong. At the end of this my weight was still around 40".

Beginning of the Year binge
I completely lost my ***t at the end of the year and beginning of this year and I couldn't stop eating. I was like a bottomless pit. I gained 30 pounds in two months and my waist was back up to 43". My hands were still always cold despite the weight gain. Libido never recovered.

Weight Loss on Protein Leverage Theory
I started focusing on starches and protein powder. I first tired whey and tried a few different brands but I can't tolerate it. Whey protein gives be terrible GI issues. I found that I can consume pea protein. So eating rice, oatmeal, powdered celery, powdered asparagus, and pea protein I got my hunger back in control. My my hands were cold and sweaty and my libido was worse than it has ever been but I was losing weight. Waist down to 40".

Attempt to Boost Libido
In the last week I started eating eggs/cheese/full fat greek yogurt/OJ/Cod liver Oil and also started taking a few tyroMax drops a day. My libido has improved in the last week but I gained an inch around my waist in just a week. Now my waist is 41". My appetite was too high but not out of control. Hands warm and dry.

Today
Decided to try low fat today. I consumed the following today in this order:
1. Rice form 1 cup of dried rice and 1/4 cup of split peas.
2. Two scoops of Pea Protein + 1 scoop of hydrolyzed gelatin
3. 24 ounces of fat free greek yogurt with a liberal amount of honey and OJ.
4. 24 more ounces of fat free greek yogurt with a liberal amount of honey and OJ.
5. Straight OJ

At this point my appetite was completely out of control. No matter how much I ate I felt ravenous so I added back in some fat.
6. Five scrambled eggs in butter and mixed with shredded cheese. Had OJ with this.

Now, I'm not too hungry - just a little hungry. My worry is that I can't satiate my appetite without fat and the whole Randle cycle idea is ******* with my head. I really want to do low fat to lose weight but I just can't satiate my appetite.

Now
So, I'm back to Ray Peat's ideas again looking for the holy grail of high libido without being a apple shaped fat guy.

Edit: Having 24 oz of full fat greek yogurt + OJ because I'm too hungry to sleep right now.

Edit2: Couldn't sleep, completely wired - making a couple bowls of oatmeal so I can sleep.

Last edited:
OP
N

nomoreketones

Monday Night - couldn't sleep the entire night so kept protein low all day Tuesday.

Tuesday afternoon
waist: 41.5" - Afternoon measurement, forgot to measure in the morning
Weight: 226.6 lbs - Afternoon weight, forgot to weigh in the morning

Diet/Supplements

11 AM
200mg caffeine/500 mg Niacinamide

5 PM
2 Drops Tyromax
White Basmati Rice + pink sea salt - 1,280 Calories
Honey - Approximately 2 tbsp - 120 Calories
10 mg Collagen Peptites - 35 Calories
Calorie Total - 1,435 calories

Notes
Very strange - I couldn't finish the rice I made. Normally I can eat that much food no problem and still be hungry. Could it be because I had so much protein the day before? Could it be the caffeine/Niacinamide? I haven't used caffeine in months so it could be that. Normally Tyromax makes me very hungry and normally I would be starving after eating so few calories. Very odd.

Tuesday Night
Had to get up and urinate several times in the middle of the night. When I wend to bed I was over 230 pounds when I woke up I was 226 lbs. Slept better than the night before but not the greatest sleep. Did have some good REM sleep. Not as tired Wednesday morning as I was on Tuesday morning.

Wednesday Morning
Waist: 41"
Weight: 226.0 lbs

Notes
Lost a half inch on my waist in less than 24 hours. Must have been the fluid I urinated out last night. I do think some of my waist is bloat rather than fat although some of it is fat for sure.

Edit:
Looking in the mirror I can visibly see a difference in my belly bloat this morning compared to yesterday. Yesterday morning I was so bloated, this morning not so bad.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Wednesday Food Intake
8:30 AM
200 mg Caffeine to 500 mg Niacinamide

12PM
2 Drops Tyromax
White Rice - 960 Calories
20 g Collagen Peptides - 70 Calories
Honey - 120 Calories

5PM
Non Fat Greek Yogurt - 375 Calories
Honey - Approximately 2 tbsp - 120 Calories
2 cups OJ - 220 Calories
5 Eggs + butter + cheese + 1/8 tsp Pure Radiance Vitamin C - 600 Calories
1 teaspoon Cod Liver Oil - 40 Calories

7PM
24 Oz Full Fat Greek Yogurt - 570 Calories
2 Cups OJ - 220 Calories

2AM
2 Eggs + butter + cheese = 800 Calories
2 Cups OJ - 22o Calories

Calorie Total: 4315

Wednesday Night
Up until 3:30 AM working but slept decently. Had to get up to go to the bathroom twice.

Thursday morning
weight: 229.6 lbs
Waist: 41.5"

OP
N

nomoreketones

Thursday Food Intake

10 AM
Caffeine + Niancimade

6PM
White Rice - 800 Calories
Gelatin - 45 Grams - 175 Calories
2 Drops Tyromax

11PM
5 Eggs - 350 Calories
Butter - 100 Calories
Cheese - 300 Calories
OJ - 110 Calories

Midnight
5 Eggs - 350 Calories
1 teaspoon Cod Liver Oil - 40 Calories
Butter - 100 Calories
Cheese - 300 Calories
OJ - 220 Calories
1/8 tsp - Pure Radiance C

Total Calories: 2,845 Calories

Thursday Night
Had to get up to go to the bathroom once. But overall slept pretty well.

Friday Morning
weight: 226.6 lbs

Ingenol

What did you eat during your "binge" period? Were you otherwise stressed? It's unfortunate that even with significant weight gain it doesn't seem like your metabolism improved given you were still very cold and had no libido.

OP
N

nomoreketones

During my binge period I ate lots of rice, millet, corn pasta, regular pasta, pasta sauce, chicken, beef, eggs, ice cream, pistachios, mixed nuts, white bread, cheese, oat meal, Morning O's oat based breakfast cereal, corn flakes, and granola.

No external stress beyond the stress caused by extreme insatiable hunger.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Friday Food Intake

12PM
200mg Caffeine + 500 mg Niacinamide

2PM
1 teaspoon Piracetam + 500 mg Alcar

4:30 PM
5 Eggs - 350 Calories
Celtic Sea Salt
Butter - 100 Calories
Gelatin from 1 tbsp dry - 45 Calories
1/8 Tsp pure radiance C
2 Cups OJ - 220 Calories
2 Drops Tyromax

8:30 PM
White Rice - 960 Calories
Gelatin from 5 tbsp dry - 225
Pink Sea Salt

9PM
200mg Caffeine + 500 mg Niacinamide

10:30 PM
1 tablespoon Pine Pollen

Late
2 Bud Lights - 206 Calories

Calorie Total - 2106

Friday Night

Slept very well, vivid dreams, didn't get up to go to the bathroom at all.

Saturday Morning
weight: 222.6 lbs

OP
N

nomoreketones

At around 5PM, my window is open and and a cool breeze is blowing on me. It is 73 degrees F in my apartment and my hands are warm!

My hands have been cold my entire life to the point where I have always been embarrassed to shake people's hands. Even when I was in my early 20s, skinny, and never gained weight my hands were always cold back then too.

I've tried everything to make my hands warm in the past but nothing has ever worked as well for me as Tyromax has. Since I started using tyromax a couple of weeks ago I've been using 2 or 3 drops a day.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Taking a week off from logging my food and all other internet activity. Very busy this week, can't afford any distractions.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Morning waist Measurement: 40.5"
Weight 226.6 lbs

For the last couple of weeks I've been following the following diet:

6 Days a Week
Rice - 2.5 cups basmatti white Rice - 1600 Calories
1/2 Cup Gelatin - 280 Calories
Celtic Sea Salt
Tyromax - 2-3 drops a day
Caffeine - amount varies
Niacinamide - amount varies
TMG - just last couple of days

1 Day a Week
Beef Liver fillet
Dozen eggs
High Fat cheese
Cod liver oil
Orange Juice
Honey
Oatmeal before Bed
Tyromax - 2-3 drops
Caffeine - amount varies
Niacinamide - amount varies

Some alcohol on the weekends

Rice + Gelatin Recipe
1. pour 1/2 cup gelatin in boiling water mix it up and let it boil until all clumps dissolved
2. Put in Fridge and turn into "jello"
3. Make rice on stove top and melt the "jello" into the rice and cook it a little longer to boil off some of the water
4. Add celtic sea salt

OP
N

nomoreketones

I've been continuing to follow the diet but today I will stop.
Morning waist measurement: 40"
Morning Weight: 224.2 lbs

Since May 24th, I have lost an inch off my waist and a couple of pounds. A few days ago the lowest point on the scale was 219.6 but I must have been dehydrated. But for the last couple of weeks and especially the last week my sleep has been terrible. My focus at work has been fuzzy too and my productivity is down.

I need to get a lot of work done these next couple of weeks so I'm ditching the diet. Today will be a cheat day and I'm going to eat whatever I want which will probably end up being pizza, ice cream, and pistachios.

I'm going to make the following changes to my diet and see how much my sleep improves and how much my waist increases.
Add Whole Foods Corn Flakes
Add Whole Foods Morning O's
Add Whole Foods Granola
Add Ice Cream
Add Corn Pasta and tomato sauce
Add Nuts/Pistachios in moderation
More Often - Orange Juice
More Often - Cheese
More Often - Honey
More Often - Eggs
Maybe I'll have some chips too made with coconut oil - not sure.

Edit:
Forgot to add I haven't taken a ***t in a couple of days. I'm constipated.

Last edited:
OP
N

nomoreketones

Weight: 228.8 lbs

Sleeping much better, constipation gone, but gaining weight.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Weight: 231.6 lbs

Sleep horrible for last few days. Need to cut back on protein. No constipation.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Why the CLO?
I know Ray Peat is against omega 3 PUFA but I don't agree with him on that.
Rates of Brain Atrophy May Depend on Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Vitamin B | Cognitive Vitality | Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation

I know this anti-Peat, but the idea I have is the small amount of Omega 3 fatty acids will be used for structure in the brain so won't be burned and therefore won't impact the Randle cycle. The idea is "broscience" so I have no supporting evidence for it.

Have you tried avoiding mixing fats and carbs?

High carb, no added fat is the ultimate in avoiding mixing fats with carbs. I have tried a high starch virtually no fat diet for several months and it works great for weight loss but it sucks for libido and vitality. If I just wanted to lose weight I would do high starch no fat for life. Unfortunately I care about libido and vitality so this diet had to be discarded.

Ray peat recommends sugar with protein to avoid a stress response and getting a stress response from protein so I've been consuming orange juice and honey with my protein which also has fat. recently I tried to separate the carbs from the fat by eating starch earlier in the day and fat/protein in the evening. But this killed my sleep.

Today I had my main fat/protein meal for lunch and just rice/beans for dinner. (I know Ray Peat doesn't support beans). Hopefully the protein in the beans isn't too much and will allow me to sleep.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Monday morning:
Waist: 41.25"
Weight: 230.8

Attempting to cut out starch from my diet and seeing what happens.

Thursday: last day with Starch (rice/beans)
Friday: No Starch
Saturday: No Starch
Sunday: No Starch

So far the starch has been replaced by increasing orange juice, ice cream, and nuts. Yeah, I know nuts are anti-peat. My hunger level has gone up without starch so I have been eating more food. I'm not counting calories, eating just enough to stave off hunger. But I'm sure my calories are going way up without starch to satisfy my hunger. My sleep has been excellent eating like this and I feel better so I'll stick with it for a little while and see what happens.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals