Someone please help me with my dry mouth. I always have it and it gives me really bad breath. I've tried everything!

Things I have tried that didn't work:

- Supplemented on Vitamin B2 (100 MG), B3 (500 MG as Niacinamide), B6 (50 MG as Pyridoxal-5-phosphate), B9 (1 MG), B12 (1000mcg as Methylcobalamin) for a month
- Supplemented on Zinc for a month
- Took Zypan Betaine HCL and Apple Cidar Vinegar pills after meals
- Took 10,000 IU of Vitamin D-3 per day for a month
- (4 hour gap between dinner and sleep) Ate dinner around 8-9 PM and slept around 1-2 AM
- Salads containing Spinach, Kale, Carrots, and Cucumbers every night before dinner.
- 2 servings of fruit per day
- Chewed my food properly
- Inclined Pillow
- Antibacterial mouthwash given by dentist
- Nystatin
- Grapefruit seed extract
- Many different strains of probiotics in the billions
- Not drinking water for at least 30 minutes after meals
- Flossing and brushing every day of course
- Drink lots of water

What I eat on a regular day:​

-Breakfast: 3 eggs with ground beef or beef salami and oatmeal a little later
-Lunch: Rice with chicken, beans, and a salad
-Dinner: Pasta with either ground beef or chicken
I have digestion problems with nuts and dairy

Me:​

- Age 23
- Gender - Male
- Height - 6'2
- Weight - 155 lbs
I workout everyday

dry_tongue.PNG

A few months ago, my dry mouth went away completely for 3-4 days and I was super excited. Unfortunately it came back and I don't know what caused it. I was eating the exact same things. All I remember was that I hadn't eaten for 8 hours straight and then I started drinking some water. All of a sudden I started salivating more and more and my white tongue cleared up in a day.

youngsinatra

High dose thiamine HCL.

Dosing ala Dr. Antonio Constantini

„Female patients:

Patients weighing <60 kg→10 mg/kg/day of thiamine

60–65 kg→14 mg/kg/day of thiamine

65–70 kg→17 mg/kg/day of thiamine

70–75 kg→20 mg/kg/day of thiamine

75–80 kg→23 mg/kg/day of thiamine

For male patients, the doses need to be increased by one-third compared to females:

Patients weighing <60 kg→14 mg/kg/day of thiamine

60–65 kg→18 mg/kg/day of thiamine

65–70 kg→23 mg/kg/day of thiamine

70–75 kg→30 mg/kg/day of thiamine

75–80 kg→35 mg/kg/day of thiamine“

GodsHound

What was TSH? Have you read Ray’s articles on thyroid and diet? You probably could improve metabolic function by limiting starches like pasta and beans in favour of fruits for carbohydrate, like orange juice.

Thyroid function is very important for the quality of saliva.

Summer

I’m right there with ya, buddy. Do you also have rhinitis and post-nasal drip? I’m dealing with the same issues and I’m almost certain this is the root cause for me.

Hans

Forum Supporter

Things I have tried that didn't work:

- Supplemented on Vitamin B2 (100 MG), B3 (500 MG as Niacinamide), B6 (50 MG as Pyridoxal-5-phosphate), B9 (1 MG), B12 (1000mcg as Methylcobalamin) for a month
- Supplemented on Zinc for a month
- Took Zypan Betaine HCL and Apple Cidar Vinegar pills after meals
- Took 10,000 IU of Vitamin D-3 per day for a month
- (4 hour gap between dinner and sleep) Ate dinner around 8-9 PM and slept around 1-2 AM
- Salads containing Spinach, Kale, Carrots, and Cucumbers every night before dinner.
- 2 servings of fruit per day
- Chewed my food properly
- Inclined Pillow
- Antibacterial mouthwash given by dentist
- Nystatin
- Grapefruit seed extract
- Many different strains of probiotics in the billions
- Not drinking water for at least 30 minutes after meals
- Flossing and brushing every day of course
- Drink lots of water

What I eat on a regular day:​

-Breakfast: 3 eggs with ground beef or beef salami and oatmeal a little later
-Lunch: Rice with chicken, beans, and a salad
-Dinner: Pasta with either ground beef or chicken
I have digestion problems with nuts and dairy

Me:​

- Age 23
- Gender - Male
- Height - 6'2
- Weight - 155 lbs
I workout everyday

View attachment 42391

A few months ago, my dry mouth went away completely for 3-4 days and I was super excited. Unfortunately it came back and I don't know what caused it. I was eating the exact same things. All I remember was that I hadn't eaten for 8 hours straight and then I started drinking some water. All of a sudden I started salivating more and more and my white tongue cleared up in a day.
Acetylcholine and histamine increases saliva production. B1 and B5 promotes acetylcholine production. Perhaps eat more eggs and fruit from choline and choline precursors.

Do you track calories?

Do you have gut issues?

155lbs at 6'2??? holy ***t lol. I think your doctor wasn't being thorough about your thyroid results. "Fine" to a GP could mean literally anything

It seems like you might be hyperthyroid. If you are eating starchy carbs with every meal as it seems and you weigh that little, there's definitely something going on with your ability to utilise carbohydrates effectively. Seems like Thiamine might be the way to go

Do you use a toothpaste with any saponins in it like SLS? That can also kill off saliva

Do not use antibacterial mouthwashes. They will stifle saliva as they kill off commensal species in the oral cavity. Even Listerine is overkill unless you are going through a severe incident of periodontitis(even then i would argue they should be used infrequently, they are not needed and unnecessary for general oral maintenance

Broad spectrum probiotics are an extremely bad idea as well especially with lactobacillus species(with the exception of reuteri and Debreucki). Very few of them benefit the oral cavity as well. There is one strain marketed as BLIS K12, M18 that is specifically marketed to people with issues with saliva that you can try if you haven't already, but **** those multistrain supplements with a dozen species and with cultures into the billions

Summer

I’m also 155 lbs at 6’2”. Some of us are just lanky af. I was never able to get much over 160 no matter how much I ate.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I’m right there with ya, buddy. Do you also have rhinitis and post-nasal drip? I’m dealing with the same issues and I’m almost certain this is the root cause for me.
Definitely sounds gut related to me, or at least excess histamine, which is most likely coming from the gut. Have you done a stool test before to see what's going on there?

Vileplume

I have been dealing with something very similar for a long time, and like your issue, my dry mouth/white tongue occasionally vanishes for a few days and I can't pin down the cause.

How are your daily bowel movements? Do you have satisfying, well-formed poops?

Interesting about the long gap between meals, where you drank water and started salivating more. That's a great clue. Have you tried repeating that exact scenario? It reminds me of the success @Korven has had consuming more hot water.

Last edited:

Summer

Definitely sounds gut related to me, or at least excess histamine, which is most likely coming from the gut. Have you done a stool test before to see what's going on there?
I’m willing to be you’re right, Hans. I’ve never had such a test done but I probably should. I know I for sure have some gut issues.

Polaris

Do you breathe through your nose? Maybe you start mouthbreathing during the night while you're asleep? I think mouthbreathing dries out the mouth and bacteria grow, causing bad breath.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I have had the same issue for years. In my case, it is caused by poor digestion, chronic (silent) reflux. This is what is working very well for me now-

-3 Enzymes before every meal. I have tried many different types of enzymes. I will attach a photo of the only enzyme that works well for me. 1-2 enzymes doesn’t seem to help but 3 works miracles. Always take before meal.

-I was diagnosed with H Pylori after doing a GI Map Stool Test. I tested negative for H Pylori on a blood test, breath test, and then positive on the GI Map test. My doctor said the GI Map test is most comprehensive test. It tests for various probiotic levels and many gut bacterias.

I took antibiotics and a PPI a year ago for 10 days, to get rid of the H Pylori. I did very well for months after. In the last few months I started having the symptoms again. I tested again for H pylori and it had returned. Now I am treating everyone in my family and hoping to also treat my dogs, as H pylori is very contagious and can be passed around, through sharing drinks/saliva.
I’m back on antibiotics/PPI/Bismuth now for 10 days to treat the H Pylori.

-Like you, I’m very sensitive to dairy and nuts and I’m especially sensitive to chocolate. Chocolate is a killer for me. I’m able to drink coffee every other day.

-I have found that drinking lemon water with my meals also helps. I’m guessing it helps my digestion by increasing acid levels.

-Be sure to have a good solid bowel movement minimum once daily. Taking probiotics, enzymes and plenty of fiber/fruits can help with this.

-Most Supplements seem to flair my reflux so I don’t take many if any oral supplements. I’ve found vitamin patches and creams to work best for me.

- It may be wise to do a food sensitive test, such as the ALCAT test. It’s very likely that one or more of the foods you’re eating daily is aggravating your gut. I ate eggs daily for 20 years but seem to do better now, avoiding eggs.

-The best diet to keep my reflux in check is a high protein diet. I eat lean protein at every meal.

Feel free to message me if you have questions. Good luck with this! I know how frustrating it can be.

Attachments

• 55C34F04-5DA0-46F7-A538-BBB3E6E25366.jpeg
    55C34F04-5DA0-46F7-A538-BBB3E6E25366.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 19
OP
J
I have had the same issue for years. In my case, it is caused by poor digestion, chronic (silent) reflux. This is what is working very well for me now-

-3 Enzymes before every meal. I have tried many different types of enzymes. I will attach a photo of the only enzyme that works well for me. 1-2 enzymes doesn’t seem to help but 3 works miracles. Always take before meal.

-I was diagnosed with H Pylori after doing a GI Map Stool Test. I tested negative for H Pylori on a blood test, breath test, and then positive on the GI Map test. My doctor said the GI Map test is most comprehensive test. It tests for various probiotic levels and many gut bacterias.

I took antibiotics and a PPI a year ago for 10 days, to get rid of the H Pylori. I did very well for months after. In the last few months I started having the symptoms again. I tested again for H pylori and it had returned. Now I am treating everyone in my family and hoping to also treat my dogs, as H pylori is very contagious and can be passed around, through sharing drinks/saliva.
I’m back on antibiotics/PPI/Bismuth now for 10 days to treat the H Pylori.

-Like you, I’m very sensitive to dairy and nuts and I’m especially sensitive to chocolate. Chocolate is a killer for me. I’m able to drink coffee every other day.

-I have found that drinking lemon water with my meals also helps. I’m guessing it helps my digestion by increasing acid levels.

-Be sure to have a good solid bowel movement minimum once daily. Taking probiotics, enzymes and plenty of fiber/fruits can help with this.

-Most Supplements seem to flair my reflux so I don’t take many if any oral supplements. I’ve found vitamin patches and creams to work best for me.

- It may be wise to do a food sensitive test, such as the ALCAT test. It’s very likely that one or more of the foods you’re eating daily is aggravating your gut. I ate eggs daily for 20 years but seem to do better now, avoiding eggs.

-The best diet to keep my reflux in check is a high protein diet. I eat lean protein at every meal.

Feel free to message me if you have questions. Good luck with this! I know how frustrating it can be.
Thank you so much for all this information! I am going to buy the Digest gold enzyme today! I used other enzymes like the one from Now Foods and it didn't seem to do much. I hope this one works though. I also have poor digestion and silent reflux. I did a food sensitivity test and the results said that I had low levels of Amylase, Lipase, and Pepsin, which are some of the main enzymes needed to break down food. I also am deficient in Zinc and have low levels of gut bacteria. Hopefully this enzyme fixes all of the above and cures my dry mouth problems. Thanks again!

OP
J
I have been dealing with something very similar for a long time, and like your issue, my dry mouth/white tongue occasionally vanishes for a few days and I can't pin down the cause.

How are your daily bowel movements? Do you have satisfying, well-formed poops?

Interesting about the long gap between meals, where you drank water and started salivating more. That's a great clue. Have you tried repeating that exact scenario? It reminds me of the success @Korven has had consuming more hot water.
My bowel movements are solid but are sticky and hard to clean. They take a lot of wipes to clean. I have bowel movements every other day.

OP
J
High dose thiamine HCL.

Dosing ala Dr. Antonio Constantini

„Female patients:

Patients weighing <60 kg→10 mg/kg/day of thiamine

60–65 kg→14 mg/kg/day of thiamine

65–70 kg→17 mg/kg/day of thiamine

70–75 kg→20 mg/kg/day of thiamine

75–80 kg→23 mg/kg/day of thiamine

For male patients, the doses need to be increased by one-third compared to females:

Patients weighing <60 kg→14 mg/kg/day of thiamine

60–65 kg→18 mg/kg/day of thiamine

65–70 kg→23 mg/kg/day of thiamine

70–75 kg→30 mg/kg/day of thiamine

75–80 kg→35 mg/kg/day of thiamine“
I checked my B vitamin levels through a hair strand test and all of them were in range. Should I still take Vitamin b1?

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Thank you so much for all this information! I am going to buy the Digest gold enzyme today! I used other enzymes like the one from Now Foods and it didn't seem to do much. I hope this one works though. I also have poor digestion and silent reflux. I did a food sensitivity test and the results said that I had low levels of Amylase, Lipase, and Pepsin, which are some of the main enzymes needed to break down food. I also am deficient in Zinc and have low levels of gut bacteria. Hopefully this enzyme fixes all of the above and cures my dry mouth problems. Thanks again!
Great!

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Have the digest gold enzymes helped you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals