Food And Supplement Log

DaveFoster

I'll look into adjusting the B2 this weekend.

I figured my sleep difficulty was caused by adrenergic activity. Yet, it sometimes happens even when I have pancakes before bed through. I think I need to get more calories through the day to sleep better but that is a challenge while keeping grains to a minimum. Also, I think my liver is not yet good at storing glycogen. My poor sleep began during my ketogenic days so I messed up something in my body that I'm trying to fix.

I am a mouth breather but taping my mouth shut is not an option. Breathing through my nose has always been difficult.
Starch leads to excess insulin production, which drops your blood sugar. When you have low blood sugar, your body tries to compensate with adrenaline and glucagon.

Having fat, protein, and sugar (starch if you must with these three,) at bedtime will be more advantageous.

Get some urine pH strips and test your urine in the morning with them. Don't touch the measuring end with your fingers.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Starch leads to excess insulin production, which drops your blood sugar. When you have low blood sugar, your body tries to compensate with adrenaline and glucagon.

My blood sugar never drops too low. My blood sugar rarely dips below 80 mm/dL. I can eat a pound of pasta and after my body clears the excess glucose my blood sugar doesn't drop too low.

When I get symptoms from excess hunger (dizziness, sweaty hands, slurred speech) it is not from low blood sugar. I've had these symptoms when my blood sugar is above 100 mg/dL.

I believe that stress hormones are responsible for negative hunger symptoms I experience but I am sure that I do not have hypoglycemia.

OP
N

nomoreketones

I have not measured my blood sugar in months. For kicks I just measured my blood sugar twice and I got 69 mg/DL and 73 mg/DL. These are the lowest readings I have every had in my life.

I feel hungry but no negative symptoms. My hands are not sweaty. I am not dizzy. My energy level is excellent. I feel calm. I would expect bad symptoms at this blood sugar level. I am so confused (figuratively).

I have consumed the following so far:
  • Two 8 oz glasses of 1% milk.
  • Two 8 oz glasses of orange juice
  • Two mugs of coffee with 1 tsp of glycine and 2 tbsp of sucrose

OP
N

nomoreketones

Wednesday April 21, 2016

Food

• 1/2 Gallon of Orange Juice + salt
  • 1/2 Gallon of 1% Lactose Free Milk + salt
  • 3 Mugs of coffee, 2 tbsp sugar in each mug + 1 tsp Glycine in each cup
  • 1 Starbucks coffee with 8 packets of Sugar in the raw
  • 40 Oz of sucrose sweetened soda
  • 1/4 Pounds of Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese dipped in honey
  • 1 Polyo string cheese dipped in honey
  • Pancakes + maple syrup
  • 1 Cliff Bar
Early Supplements
  • Now L-Ornithine - 500 mg
  • Jarrow Taurine - 1000 mg capsule
  • Relentless Improvement K2 - 15 mg
  • Jet Alert Caffeine - 100 mg
  • Now Niacinamide - 500 mg
  • Now B1 - 100 mg
  • Solgar B2 - 100 mg
  • Cardiovascular Research Magnesium Taurate - 125mg
  • Dr’s Best Nac - 600 mg (also has Selenium and Molybdenum)
  • Now Inositol - 500 mg
  • Unique E - 1 softgel
  • Nature’s Way Vitamin C-1000 - 1 capsule
  • Dr Christopher’s LIver & Gallbladder - 1 capsule
  • Optimum Branched Chain amino acids - 1 Capsule
  • Alpha Lipoic Acid - 600 mg
Late Supplements
  • Jarrow Forumlas Taurine - 1000 mg capsule
  • Carlson 5mg K2 - 1 capsule
  • Life Extension Vitamins D & K - 1 Capsule
Notes
  • Made pancakes from 1/2 cup mix right before bed
  • Still very hungry so had a cliff bar before bed too
  • Took a while to fall asleep but slept pretty well last night - good sleep

tara

I am a mouth breather but taping my mouth shut is not an option. Breathing through my nose has always been difficult.
Chin strap?
If you are saying you can't breathe through the nose because it is often too blocked, I'm not saying you are wrong in your caxe, but I used to think that, too, and was wrong in my case.
Maybe you have some severe mechanical blockage. But for many people, the nose blocks because the membranes swell and more mucous is produced in response to excessive breathing/low CO2 levels.
Have you tried exercises for unblocking your nose?

OP
N

nomoreketones

Chin strap?
Maybe you have some severe mechanical blockage. But for many people, the nose blocks because the membranes swell and more mucous is produced in response to excessive breathing/low CO2 levels.

Not really blocked. I think my nasal passages naturally too narrow. I can breath in slowly through my nose no problem. But if I take a normal breath through my nose the air going through the passages is not silent. I just can't take a normal breath through my nose without sound.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Friday April 21, 2016

Food

• 1/2 Gallon of Orange Juice + salt
  • 1/2 Gallon of 1% Lactose Free Milk + salt
  • 3 Mugs of coffee, 2 tbsp sugar in each mug + 1 tsp Glycine in each cup
  • 1 coffee with lots of sugar dumped in
  • 32 Oz of sucrose sweetened soda
  • 1/4 Pounds of Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese dipped in honey
  • 1 Polyo string cheese
  • Pancakes + maple syrup
  • 2 Cliff Bars
Early Supplements
  • Jarrow Taurine - 1000 mg capsule
  • Relentless Improvement K2 - 15 mg
  • Jet Alert Caffeine - 100 mg
  • Now B1 - 100 mg
  • Solgar B2 - 100 mg
  • Cardiovascular Research Magnesium Taurate - 125mg
  • Dr’s Best Nac - 600 mg (also has Selenium and Molybdenum)
  • Now Inositol - 500 mg
  • Unique E - 1 softgel
  • Nature’s Way Vitamin C-1000 - 1 capsule
  • Dr Christopher’s LIver & Gallbladder - 1 capsule
  • Alpha Lipoic Acid - 600 mg
Late Supplements
  • Jarrow Forumlas Taurine - 1000 mg capsule
  • Carlson 5mg K2 - 1 capsule
  • Life Extension Vitamins D & K - 1 Capsule

OP
N

nomoreketones

Morning Waist measurement: 43.75"

My potbelly has definitely got bigger in the last two weeks. My pants have gotten tighter. I need to tweak things.

I did a lot of reading last night and the following ideas stand out.
  1. (This idea from several postings on the Ray Peat Forum) Maybe I am not giving my body enough nutrient support to process the sugar I am eating and my body is turing the fructose into fat rather than using it to make glycogen.
  2. Stephan Guyenet's site: "The most commonly used fattening rodent diet, Research Diets D12492 (and related diets), is 34 percent fat and 9 percent sugar by weight (60 and 7% by calories"
  3. Stephan Guyenet's site: "There's another way to fatten rodents using sugar-- add it to the drinking water. Offering rodents sweetened liquids consistently causes body fat accumulation"
  4. Stephan Guyenet's site: "A second example of weight loss on a high sugar diet is the "bland liquid diet" study I've referenced on this blog several times. Volunteers were restricted to a bland liquid formula that was high in sugar, but were not asked to restrict calories. While lean subjects maintained a normal calorie intake and body weight, obese subjects experienced a greatly reduced appetite and rapidly lost weight, with one man losing 200 lbs over 255 days "
Whole Health Source: Is Sugar Fattening?

OP
N

nomoreketones

Morning waist measurement 44"

Today I'm starting an ultra low fat diet experiment that I plan on following until June 1. @Westside PUFAs is the only person I found so far on this forum who lost a significant amount of visceral fat. He did it with low fat. So I'm going to see if I can lose my visceral fat. Maybe I'll lose some subcutaneous fat too but it is the visceral fat that worries me the most.

The diet will be the following:
Eggs: 1-2 a day
0% Lactose Free milk - 1/2 gallon per day minimum
Orange juice - ad libitum
Black Coffee - only with meals
Rice products - ad libitum (Rice Cakes, Puffed Rice, Brown Rice crisps, maybe white rice if I'm not too lazy to cook it)
Gluten Free Pancakes (moderation) - 0g fat on label but will use a tiny amount of coconut oil on pan and an egg.
Whey Protein Powder
Pea protein powder
Honey - used for rice cake topping
Maple Syrup - used with pancakes

Notes
  • The main source of dietary fat will be Eggs. But even with the eggs this is an extremely low fat diet.
  • I will not post what I eat everyday if I follow the diet correctly. I will only post if I mess up and eat outside the rules I listed above.
  • I will follow the same supplement regimen I posted above.
  • I'm going to try to get into the habit of taking a branched chain amino acid capsule with each meal.

OP
N

nomoreketones

In addition to what I listed above I'm going to consume rice pasta and corn pasta. The corn pasta will be consumed in moderation. I found a brand of corn pasta that I digest well.

An entire 12 oz package contains 6g of fat. I will assume most of it is PUFA so I will eat it in moderation.

OP
N

nomoreketones

I have SolBan on order so I'm dropping the niaminicide pills and caffeine pills. I will get those nutrients topically.

I am also adding Trehalose to my diet to help my fatty liver.

I have not yet decided on dosages.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Morning waist measurement: 44"
Morning Temperature: 97.6

My SolBan Came in. The bottle says 60 servings and each serving has 10 mg of Caffeine. Unfortunately this means that SolBan will not be suitable as a transdermal source of caffeine. I will use it to try to get rid of my lipomas. I am going to spray the smallest lipoma I have (forearm) several times a day and see if it goes away. If it works it will save me hundreds of dollars since I won't need to have it surgically removed. If it doesn't work then oh well. Nothing to lose.

So far I have been sticking to my low fat diet. The only meal containing at least 1 gram of fat is the gluten free pancakes I have almost every night to help me sleep. I put 1/2 tsp of coconut oil on the frying pan and use 1 egg. The egg contains 5 grams of fat. The coconut oil is 2.5 grams of fat. I'm probably getting 10 to 20 grams of fat from the rice products I am eating (rice contains trace amounts of fat). The brown rice crisps actually say 1 gram of fat per serving. I am confident that for the last few days my fat intake has been under 30 grams per day and it might even be under 20 grams.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Very disappointing results.

Morning waist measurement: 44.5"
Morning Temperature: 97.4 degrees F

My waist is continuing to grow even though I've been sticking with my extremely low fat diet. All my weight gain is concentrated in my abdominal region and it all seems to be visceral fat although it possibly might be edema. All the gain is under the stomach muscles so it is very hard to tell.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Until I can figure out why my liver seems to be converting all the fructose I consume into visceral fat I am going to take the following emergency measures to stop my expanding waist. I am at the last belt buckle and that is getting very tight.
  1. Consume all my calories within a 10 hour window from 2PM to midnight. Fast from midnight until 2PM.
  2. Use coffee to suppress my appetite in the morning
  3. Reduce amount of OJ and honey I am consuming. I'm not going to eliminate this yet. But if my belly continues to expand then I will.
My Diet will consist of the following
1. 0% fat lactose free milk - 1/2 gallon a day
2. Whole Foods 365 brand crispy - 1 box a day
3. Rice or corn pasta with a little bit of honey to satisfy appetite
4. OJ 2 to 3 eight oz glasses a day
5. Namaste Gluten free pancake mix with 1 egg, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, maple syrup
6. Lots of black coffee in the morning until 2PM

Supplements Going Forward
1. EstroBan - 8 drops split throughout the day - some orally, some on skin
2. Oxidial - 1 drop per day
3. Solban - few sprays per day on forearm lipoma
4. Trehalose - 1 scoop (5 grams) per day
5. Gylcine - 1 tsp (4 grams) per day
6. Custom Collagen - 1 scoop (11 grams) per day
7. 1 Gram BCAA - twice a day
8. 500 L-Ornithine - twice a day
9. 1 Gram Taurine - twice a day
10. 325 mg aspirin
11. 100mg B-1
12. 15 mg K2 - 1st meal
13. 5 mg K2 - last meal
14. 500 mg Inositol - twice a day

Feeding Window
2PM - Midnight --> 10 Hours

Fasting Window
Midnight - 2PM --> 14 Hours

OP
N

nomoreketones

Morning waist measurement: 44.5"
Morning Temperature: 97.3 degrees F

Looking in the mirror, my potbelly is absolutely gigantic now. If I am not back down to 44.25" by this weekend or if I get up to 44.75" any morning this week then I will cut all Fructose out of my diet until I can figure out what is wrong.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals