Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

Scenes

Well like helpmyhair wrote, you feel that your scalp is less "inflammed" pretty quickly, which is blood flowing in areas it couldn't before. I was advised to take this high dose for like the first 3 months. After the ACV rinsing you might want to massage your scalp a bit, though I never did that consistently. You can feel what is flexible and what is hardened.

For calcium, I'd aim at a total of 250-900mg. I seem to be getting around 250 myself from broccoli and green peas. In deficiency, calcium signals increase because of parathyroid hormone (leeching calcium from bones) but in high doses, there is also more calcium signalling. We're talking about actual deficiency, when the body receives no calcium from the diet. High doses would be good if your only goal was to grow muscles but probably makes decalcification harder. I'd try calcium pyruvate rather than carbonate, the carbonate form is high in calcified pineal glands. As for liver and seafood, they can be high in toxic metals (metalloestrogens) like cadmium, nickel and sometimes lead. Microplastics are absorbed by sea creatures, some recent studies on this. At least make sure you get the blood out of liver by putting it in milk for 12+ hours until the milk becomes pink and take calcium with it to reduce iron absorption. But yeah, I prefer the supplements without additives.

Potatoes, they contain saponins which is a class of polyphenols (estrogenic), and possibly heavy metals depending on the region. Really, white rice is untouchable. I'll make them once in a while when I crave fast food; some fries-shaped potatoes in coconut oil and heavily salted or a homemade poutine.
Can you give a quick bit more detail on the acv rinse plz? Are you just taking acv with some water and holding your head in it? Would it be the same to put it in a spray bottle and soak my head before bed?

sladerunner69

How many have tried 1 gram of lysine twice per day? Stopped my hairloss. Using specialized shampoos as well has dramatically inreased my body hair awareness metric sevenfold.

sladerunner69

notice any issues with erections?
Yes actually at times I will produce such a firm erection at such an instantaneous pace that it will pierce a hole through both my undergarments and trousers. I have ruined a few quality garments due to this.

OP
H

helpmyhair

Can you give a quick bit more detail on the acv rinse plz? Are you just taking acv with some water and holding your head in it? Would it be the same to put it in a spray bottle and soak my head before bed?

I've been doing the ACV rinse, here's what I do: I mix 2 tablespoons of ACV with a cup of warm water. At night near bedtime, put my head over the sink and slowly pour the rinse on my scalp, making sure to saturate my temples, vertex and pretty much whole scalp. Then I rub it in gentle for about a minute or so. Then I grab a towel with the rinse still in my hair and dry off a bit so its not dripping but still damp. I'll let it air dry for a little while watching TV and then go to bed. Next day I'll wash it out.

One thing I can say for sure is that the moment I put the rinse in my hair, pretty much all scalp inflammation goes away... and since it stays in my hair, my scalp feels great all night and the next day. Out of anything I'm doing, this is lowering scalp inflammation the most. However shedding is still pretty much the same and I have yet to figure out how to decrease the number of hairs shed when I rub my hair over the sink (30-40 hairs).

Arnold Grape

How many have tried 1 gram of lysine twice per day? Stopped my hairloss. Using specialized shampoos as well has dramatically inreased my body hair awareness metric sevenfold.
Agreed that Lysine does something magical for the hair: I could not get by the energy loss and somebody here asked about libido, which was virtually erased while taking about 1200 mgs/ daily of Lysine. This was a shame to me because I thought that it had antidepressant type effects, but it messed me up too much. In three weeks I noticed physical changes and at times near appetite loss, as well as an inability to have sex.

JDreamer

Agreed that Lysine does something magical for the hair: I could not get by the energy loss and somebody here asked about libido, which was virtually erased while taking about 1200 mgs/ daily of Lysine. This was a shame to me because I thought that it had antidepressant type effects, but it messed me up too much. In three weeks I noticed physical changes and at times near appetite loss, as well as an inability to have sex.

Noticing most of these same things ever since I added Lysine into the occasion. In fact, I tapered of my L-Tyrosine to see what kind of effect Lysine would have as being the predominant amino I was taking ....... but not liking it so far.

brix

Noticing most of these same things ever since I added Lysine into the occasion. In fact, I tapered of my L-Tyrosine to see what kind of effect Lysine would have as being the predominant amino I was taking ....... but not liking it so far.

Same boat.
I've said it before but I feel like almost all supplements that helps libido kills hair and vice versa.

The only one that has helped has been lisuride and low dose cypro.

ivy

What effects did you notice on the hair/scalp during those three weeks?

Arnold Grape

What effects did you notice on the hair/scalp during those three weeks?
After taking Lysine (probably closer to about a month) I noticed the hair and scalp just felt better and seemed more firmly rooted somehow. During this period I also started putting a few drops of Progest e into my shampoo 1-2 times a week and my whole head felt amazing afterward. Also I cut my hair fairly short and seemed able to style it differently than I had been able to previously.

The first day I took Lysine, my energy levels were diminished and I could not exercise - this was fine, as it was in line with what I had read might happen. Thereafter that effect reduced slightly but I still struggled at the gym. A few days my skin felt strange at a surface level when I would get sweaty. Also my muscle tone dimished slightly, which is different than what others have reported. I also noticed a period where erections vanished even after stopping Lysine for three days took time to return. (Also the semen was a different consistency.) As you can read elsewhere there is some type of antidepressive action that I liked.

OP
H

helpmyhair

@Elephanto

How do you take sodium bicarbonate? It tastes horrible in any liquid pretty much. One time I tried to put a spoon in my mouth and wash it down with water, but it bubble on the way down and gave me a blocked feeling in my chest. So dissolving first seems to be the way to go, but tastes horrible.

Do you ever snack between meals? If so, what do you eat. Maybe posting what an average day of eating is like for you along with snacks if any.

Gadsie

I have been balding pretty fast from 16-19. I am now 21 and my hairloss has completely stopped since I went full peat. I keep my PUFA intake below 1.5g a day.

ivy

I have been balding pretty fast from 16-19. I am now 21 and my hairloss has completely stopped since I went full peat. I keep my PUFA intake below 1.5g a day.

Can you break down what full peat means to you? Please be specific regarding food, supplements and hygiene/topical habits. Thanks!

Elephanto

@Scenes Spraying would probably be not enough. At first I would just put some acv dilluted with some water in a glass and pour it over my head, then go to sleep with a towel on my pillow. Then I switched to keeping it in a glass bowl (more economical, maybe more efficient too) and diving my head in it for 3-4 minutes. Both work well. Also it's probably better to do it every other day.

@helpmyhair I block out my nose when I take a spoon of bicarbonate, then I try to drink a cup of water after so it doesn't dry me out. I'd snack if I would stress and become hungry, maybe a fruit with salt and some macadamia nuts (very low in omega 6, mostly mufas and sfas), but generally no. My meals are pretty much always green peas with salt and a bit of lemon juice and coconut oil as the base, then depending on my hunger and energy, and If I just trained or planning on training some time after the meal, I'll add rice with coconut oil. Then I also add either broccolis or cauliflowers to 1-2 of my meals (usually 3 per day). Then maybe a dessert like a boiled apple with maple flakes or pineapple/mango, especially if I just trained. Some days my hunger is harder to satiate (usually when I drink coffee or I allow myself to become stressed/excited) so I just eat more of those main meals or add in cheating snacks like buttered white toasts with sugar, bowls of cereal, fruits, rice vermicellis, ice cream. When I "cheat", I'll go back to more frequent antiseptics usage later on or the next day (like the bicarbonate, nowadays I don't actually do it after every meal because my diet and gut are pretty clean; but being consistent with it at first gave me great results). I don't try to resist hunger stress, but I learned that I can fast for long times without feeling hunger if I remain calm. At first to me it was kind of scary because I learned from Peat how fasting is bad and you should have frequent meals; or how fasting induces sirt1 (estrogenic). But actually it's the stress of hunger that is bad, and when your diet is more vitality-based rather than dead flesh, that you're not on the rollercoaster of fructose, gluten and milk, that bacterias in your gut don't control you and that your mind remains calm, you can fast for longer periods. Stress will deplete glycogen stores and inhibit the thyroid; and frequent meals are mostly aimed at fixing hypothyroidism so you should fix the other sources of stress instead of thinking you have to rely on ingesting carbs every waking minute of your day just to feel good. Also sodas are so bad to satiate hunger, no wonder why rats could drink HED 8000 calories of it without gaining weight, this corn starch syrup goes mostly undigested and probably feeds bacteria to just trigger hunger again.

--

Btw to talk about nitric oxide again, Zinc is a nitric oxide inhibitor.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/zinc-reduces-nitric-oxide-no-levels-in-humans.5909/

And zinc happens to be reliably low in prostate cancer. This goes back to my discussion with James, rather than endotoxin being the root cause for everyone who is balding, for many you can pin it down to ONE sub-factor being the root cause. For some, high iron or zinc deficiency. Fixing low zinc (it needs cofactors like b6 p-5-p, or some need more because of copper excess blocking absorption, or phytic acid from gluten etc) could fix the root cause and prevent further regression. Magnesium also depletes nitric oxide stores, but zinc inhibits its synthesis.

TubZy

I told you..dont under estimate lysine

Gadsie

Can you break down what full peat means to you? Please be specific regarding food, supplements and hygiene/topical habits. Thanks!
I don't think supplements and topicals are really gonna do the trick. Topical progesterone and coffee are pretty effective but it's still only gonna account for a tiny fraction of your results. I believe in keep your PUFA extremely low (<1.5g a day, preferrably even less). Prostaglandins play a huge part in balding (PGD2 is elevated in all men with male pattern baldness and applying PGD2 to the scalp induces balding), and prostaglandins are formed from PUFAs.

sladerunner69

I told you..dont under estimate lysine

Well I'd been using it for a couple years now after someone posted the " how recover from anything diet" thread. They recommended 1g lysine epr day to lower serotonin and NO...

When you mentioned it was helping you with anxiety I upped the dose to like 3-5 grams per day but at that amount I feel a bit listless and unexcitable... so Ive just been sticking to 1-2grams before sleeping.

Elephanto

Have any of the lysine enthusiasts taken it combined with, say, arginine?

Just came across this:

Update Hairloss and Lysine

That makes no sense, Lysine competes with Arginine and depletes it. The main benefit of Lysine is to decrease nitric oxide levels, which Arginine produce.

BTW, @sladerunner69 and others, I'd be cautious with supplementing Lysine because it converts to carnitine, a known anti-thyroid and also the cause of cardiovascular disease from red meat consumption. Haidut mentions that lysine is also positively correlated with cardiovascular diseases in a study, which makes sense because of the carnitine connection. In general lowering nitric oxide will do your hair a lot of good, but like I wrote zinc and magnesium also do that. Those two would be safer, I don't think you'd get additional benefits from lysine except if you have taken arginine supps in the past.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals