Boost systematic AR activity while using topical fin

Carb54

Has anyone tried boosting their AR activity while using topical finasteride? So you would have local DHT inhibition in the hair follicle but increased AR activity in other parts of the body?

I understand that topical fin still goes systematic but to a much lesser degree than oral fin.

What do people think? I already know that reducing AR activity will have an impact on key neurosteroids and so am not advocating that this should be reduced, but in this scenario if you keep overall AR activity stable, what issues can arise from fin? (Also just for the sake of comments, I understand that DHT is not the key driver of hairloss and that a cascade of events leads to dht being upregulated in the hair follicle due to inflamation of some kind)

E.g. If you block 30% of receptor activity but increase activity in the remaining active ones, what would be the costs

Tell me if i am being stupid here. Open to any thoughts

VitoScaletta

Unrelated to the thread's question and also topic somewhat but, fixing Calcium : Phopsorus ratio to 1:1 (even 2:1) is very protective against hair loss. Also, increasing Zinc intake, but also increasing Copper intake so you don't mess up Copper : Zinc ratio too much.

Both of these have hormonal implications. I would look into this.
How old are you and what's your Norwood stage?

OP
C

Carb54

Unrelated to the thread's question and also topic somewhat but, fixing Calcium : Phopsorus ratio to 1:1 (even 2:1) is very protective against hair loss. Also, increasing Zinc intake, but also increasing Copper intake so you don't mess up Copper : Zinc ratio too much.

Both of these have hormonal implications. I would look into this.
How old are you and what's your Norwood stage?
Hi Vito,
Thanks for the input, I have tested my PTH levels and they are low, in range. I have tried to manage this cal/phos ratio through high dairy at one stage but did not see a change and noticed increased shedding. Tried crushed eggshells as a supplement instead but no change. Have also increase zinc in the past but again no change. I test my hormones every 6 months to see if there are changes (since 2018) Would there be any test that you recommend in particular that may highlight an issue?

I am N1 diffuse thinning. My hair loss started in 2017 and is now becoming a bit noticeable.

My latest tests show 750ng for testosterone, upper range free test and mid range - 30 SHBG

I am also in range on the low side for DHT which indicates low 5AR activity.

I have been researching alternatives extensively over the last 4 years and have not managed to find a solution yet.

OP
C

Carb54

Finasteride already does this on its own
Hi Chemhead, you are right, I miss labelled the thread title. Are you referring to the androgen receptors being unregulated to produce testosterone as it is not converted into DHT?

Instead of AR, I meant 5AR. Has anyone tried to increase 5 alpha reductase activity systematically e.g through creatine of other methods whilst using topical fin to reduce 5AR receptors locally in the follicles but maintain overall DHT levels.