Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

J

James IV

@James IV
I think it's a given that they would have a high endotoxin load, these people consume absurd amounts of starches, and endotoxin in itself causes one to become fatter. I'm talking tv-show morbidly obese, at this point is it really realistic to think they don't have a lot of endotoxins. C'mon man, when I did/do all these things that suppress endotoxin my gut only got smaller. The "beer gut" is definitely a sign of high endotoxin.

Endotoxin doesn't make you obese, excess energy makes you obese. Having a swolen belly, a bit of fat around the middle, and/or a lot of edema in the mid section is not the same as being obese. Starch only creates endotoxin when it isn't digested completely, same as many other foods. Fat people often have VERY strong metabolisms, which is why it's easier to lose weight, the fatter you are. This results in fast transit time and likely strong digestion.

I don't think you can say all fat people have high endotoxin in the blood, just like you can't say all thin people do not. In fact thin people often have the worst digestion and metabolic rates.

I am not saying that endotoxin always causes hair loss, but I do think almost all hairloss is caused by endotoxin from the gut, or some sort of ingested toxin that proliferates bacteria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elephanto

Generally having a slow metabolism is a reason someone becomes fat, but now morbidly obese people have the metabolic rate of bats, and the 8 cheesy pizzas they eat daily doesn't feed gut bacteria. Alright man, it's getting late and I'm tired so I'll let you win....this time :p

Elephanto

Endotoxin doesn't make you obese, excess energy makes you obese. Having a swolen belly, a bit of fat around the middle, and/or a lot of edema in the mid section is not the same as being obese. Starch only creates endotoxin when it isn't digested completely, same as many other foods. Fat people often have VERY strong metabolisms, which is why it's easier to lose weight, the fatter you are. This results in fast transit time and likely strong digestion.

I don't think you can say all fat people have high endotoxin in the blood, just like you can't say all thin people do not. In fact thin people often have the worst digestion and metabolic rates.

I am not saying that endotoxin always causes hair loss, but I do think almost all hairloss is caused by endotoxin from the gut, or some sort of ingested toxin that proliferates bacteria.

BTW how do you figure they have such a great metabolism when they ingest 100's of grams of PUFAs daily ? I'm pretty sure you know from Peat that PUFAs drastically inhibit metabolism.

Saying "excess energy" makes you obese is a gross oversimplification, it's 1) excess energy according to one's metabolic rate, 2) the nature of this energy and 3) how this energy is stored, which is influenced by many factors like the efficiency of organs like the pancreas and the liver.

And have you ever seen a teenager who eats like 4 persons twice his size yet he still has a visible six-pack ? That's someone with great metabolism, not that guy from The Biggest Loser.

J

James IV

BTW how do you figure they have such a great metabolism when they ingest 100's of grams of PUFAs daily ? I'm pretty sure you know from Peat that PUFAs drastically inhibit metabolism.

Saying "excess energy" makes you obese is a gross oversimplification, it's 1) excess energy according to one's metabolic rate, 2) the nature of this energy and 3) how this energy is stored, which is influenced by many factors like the efficiency of organs like the pancreas and the liver.

And have you ever seen a teenager who eats like 4 persons twice his size yet he still has a visible six-pack ? That's someone with great metabolism, not that guy from The Biggest Loser.

I'm not trying to win anything. I'm just stating my thoughts.
If a person needs to eat 8 pizzas a day to maintain their function, I'd say they have a high metabolic rate, wouldn't you? You can word it however you like, and of course there is nuance, but it's still excess unusable energy that causes the majority of actual fat accumulation. This has been proven many times in controlled environments. If one person needs 6000 calories to maintain their function, and the other needs 2000, the person that needs 6000 calories has a higher metabolic rate, regardless of how much they weigh. The heavier the person, generally the more calories it takes to maintain their function, therefore they have a higher metabolic rate.
Teenagers are growing, hence increasing their non fat mass, which is incredibly energy intensive, even more so than increasing fat mass. So comparing the bodyfat level of a teenager to an adult is not really a proper comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

helpmyhair

@James IV ..what is your take on fixing gut issues? or rather promoting gut health? Also what do you think of probiotics? I'm currently on megasporebiotic which Danny Roddy recommended to me.. it does seem to help my stomach issues.

J

James IV

@James IV ..what is your take on fixing gut issues? or rather promoting gut health? Also what do you think of probiotics? I'm currently on megasporebiotic which Danny Roddy recommended to me.. it does seem to help my stomach issues.

Cleanse it out via any approach you are comfortable with; cleanses, fasts, laxitives, etc.
Then it's mainly about avoiding foods that are not digesting completely, and avoiding chronic overeating.

Keeping the liver lean is vital as well. Endotoxin is inevitable if you eat, the goal is not to have the load surpass the detoxification potential of your organs.

I'm not sure how I feel about probiotics. Trust your instincts.

OP
H

helpmyhair

Cleanse it out via any approach you are comfortable with; cleanses, fasts, laxitives, etc.
Then it's mainly about avoiding foods that are not digesting completely, and avoiding chronic overeating.

Keeping the liver lean is vital as well. Endotoxin is inevitable if you eat, the goal is not to have the load surpass the detoxification potential of your organs.

I've been taking sodium bicarbonate as suggested by Elephanto, which definitely seems to make digestion better and alleviate and stomach pains after a meal. What do you think of sodium bicarbonate?

How does one keep the liver lean?

Regarding probiotics, it does seem to make me feel better so my instinct is saying to stay on it

Ron J

@Elephanto
Do you think this is true? "The blood in meat contains albumin, hemoglobin and gamma globulin and all of these chemicals activate opioid receptors."
Perhaps insignificant compared to dairy/casein?
&
"Many foods contain chemicals that have the potential to engage our opioid circuitry (wheat, milk, cheese, yogurt, meat, spinach, lettuce, and other greens), but the effect in a healthy person, if any, is probably weak and short-lived. The body's endogenous opioids are pretty powerful."

Elephanto

@James IV Unless you come up with an explanation to how they have great metabolism despite having ingested grams upon grams of pufas daily for years, your justifications remain trivial. No, having the hunger to eat many pizzas doesn't necessarily imply great metabolism. But having a lot of bacterias in your gut will actually trigger hunger to these levels, increasing their survivability (check gut-brain connection). Personality disorders will do too, hunger can be about lust or a manic instinct. And what you describe about this teenager is just another way to say he has a great metabolism. I could have used the example of a young adult who has stopped growing and can eat like the teenager and it would still be factual, not "unjust" to compare.

Just observe animals in general, all those that have great metabolism are very lean. Animals that hibernate get fat for the winter by ingesting pufas and their metabolism greatly drop too. It's simply scientifically impossible that these morbidly obese people would still have great metabolism due to the effect of pufas.

@Ron J Well, it's ancient knowledge in many cultures that one shouldn't eat blood but I don't see pubmed studies on this. When I ate liver, I would soak it in milk for the night before and it drew most of the blood out. It might be true, many good habits and insights have been removed from modern knowledge. As for the other citation, our "endogenous opioids" are endorphins and those are released by high stress, so we don't necessarily produce them and ideally we don't. Saying the dietary ones are "weak" isn't true though.

OP
H

helpmyhair

@Elephanto

So I've started with apple cider vinegar and magnesium citrate. I've noticed with ACV, it drastically cuts the scalp inflammation and does a great job providing moisture to the hair. With Mag citrate, I've noticed a calming of anxiety and what not, but also alot more energy, like my head pops off the pillow in the morning.

So what should be my next supps to buy? I've already expressed my concern for the zinc/copper since I am young and already have so much grey hair. I don't wanna look like I'm 60 at 30, as my grey hair is progressively taking over. Should I buy the zinc/copper anyway? I guess I should also get taurine, b6, and selenium?

I already take vitamin K. One concern I have with vitamin A is that Danny Roddy sent me a Peat quote saying something along the lines that if you are on the borderline of thyroid function, that vitamin A can suppress the thyroid further. The last blood test I had earlier this year showed my Thyroid Stimulating Hormone to be at 3.75, which may suggest hypothyroidism. Whats your take? Should I take Vitamin A anyway? I think the quote was in regards to higher doses around 20,000iu.

Taurine was the only supp you mentioned to take with meals. Does this mean the rest of the supps should be taken between meals, or does it not matter?

Any safe flavourings to cook with? I know you mentioned garlic is an anti-septic. Is it okay to cook with things like black pepper, chili power, ginger, etc?

Not sure if you've heard of Immortal Hair, but for years I had been following his advice taking Curcumin and Resveratrol which I believe prevented me from going bald years ago. I stopped taking resveratrol a few days ago as the whole grapes thing and maybe its estrogenic? But I'm afraid to go off curcumin as I know its slowed the progression over the years.

Am I really doing bad with the probiotics? I really feel it is helping my stomach issues... and when my stomach is bad, i really have bad scalp inflammation. Think its fine to continue as long as I'm taking sodium bicarbonate?

Back to the beverage thing.. so water, coke sometimes, natural soda drinks with sugar, what else is okay to drink? I ask cause I'm always thirsty through the day. Are there any juices that would be fine provided theres no citrus?

EIRE24

Can too much vitamin A applied topically cause hair loss? I applied it to the scalp and it's as if I have had terribly thinning which I never had before?

raypeatclips

What do you think about just eating foods that are digesting completely and skipping the cleanses, fasts, laxatives part? If you are not particularly wanting to do any of those?

J

James IV

What do you think about just eating foods that are digesting completely and skipping the cleanses, fasts, laxatives part? If you are not particularly wanting to do any of those?

Id guess it could work if you were dilligent. I've had large, toxic movements a few days after removing offensive foods. So I would guess keeping irritating foods low consistently, could allow gradual removal of build up.

raypeatclips

Id guess it could work if you were dilligent. I've had large, toxic movements a few days after removing offensive foods. So I would guess keeping irritating foods low consistently, could allow gradual removal of build up.

When you say laxatives, could eating daily carrot/mushroom have the same effect over time? My BM's usually increase when I eat them regularly.

Makaveli

@Elephanto which brand of magnesium citrate do you recommend? The ones I've looked up have too many additives. Do you think you're getting too little protein and calcium with your choice of foods?

I have started eating rice cooked with coconut oil and broccoli and my itch stops right after eating it.

Elephanto

@helpmyhair

Bro, that's just too many questions. Look up the list of supps/actions I layed out and start by buying the most important ones. Also have a bit of faith in yourself and in the protocol and just follow it consistently for at least a month so you can see for yourself. If you try to mix in other supps that I don't recommend like both resveratrol and curcumin are estrogenic or probiotics, you're probably going to have mixed results. Peat never says to avoid vitamin A completely but to stick with 5000 iu or lower, the dose I recommended. If it's fat-based like vitamin A and K you mix it with fat, you take other supps when you want, maybe drink a gulp of juice before so it gets some stomach acid going. Coconut oil and salt are my only flavorings, just stick with those. All those that you mentioned have negative attributes, even garlic should be occasional. And you keep on asking the same question, I told you to drink carbonated source water or just water if you're thirsty. Keep it simple.

@Makaveli Purebulk's pure powder, no additives. No I get plenty enough of calcium from broccoli and other veggies, in my experience it's more about avoiding deficiency than trying to reach a high number. As for protein, I'm still experimenting with this; I do fine with just eating veggies but I like to do refill days with greek yogurt (coconut oil/lemon juice mixed in to avoid bacteria growth) since I'm still a bit insecure about it. The taurine supplement and the sulphur content of cruciferous vegetables would avoid the biggest problem (if there is any) of relatively low protein intake. There's a study that haidut posted where 2% of protein relative to carb intake would avoid serotonin release, whereas pure carbs trigger it. (ie. at least 2g of protein for 100g of carbs) So our body seems to be adapted to this ratio, and it's not far from the diet of strong primates.

It's nice to hear quick results from you guys.

@Nestito I never checked this, but my hands and feet are a good indicators. Sometimes I still go through a stress period and the first thing I notice is that my feet get cold. In periods when I'm relaxed my feet and hands are always warm, even when I haven't eaten for hours. In terms of meals, veggies/rice salted and in coconut oil is warming to me whereas meat, fish or milk was usually stressing (even with plenty of carbs). I'd say the warming or filling effect shouldn't be short-lived so that you're in a constant quest to regain it; which in my experience happens with a diet centered on milk and orange juice/fructose.

-

BTW, if you guys check most of my supplements, they tend to either inhibit or deplete nitric oxide (zinc, magnesium, co2, antiseptics, etc). And endotoxin increases nitric oxide. It's one thing I forgot to mention and that really participates in the hair loss process (by increasing angiogenesis and cytokines) but since it's such an interconnected system, talking about nitric oxide is just another view point of what's happening (like low CO2 and high endotoxin). Still useful to know if you guys ever thought about using an arginine supplement, which would be bad.

Nestito

@Elephanto

So do you just take a high dose of MagCit until regrowth begins and you know decalcification has taken place? I've been taking eggshell calcium instead of consuming large amounts of dairy, should I stop supplementing? Should I just stop eating liver and oysters for the zinc and A and continue with the pure supplements to avoid getting too much of them?

Also, would potatoes + coconut oil alternatively take place of the white rice?

Elephanto

@Elephanto

So do you just take a high dose of MagCit until regrowth begins and you know decalcification has taken place? I've been taking eggshell calcium instead of consuming large amounts of dairy, should I stop supplementing? Should I just stop eating liver and oysters for the zinc and A and continue with the pure supplements to avoid getting too much of them?

Also, would potatoes + coconut oil alternatively take place of the white rice?

Well like helpmyhair wrote, you feel that your scalp is less "inflammed" pretty quickly, which is blood flowing in areas it couldn't before. I was advised to take this high dose for like the first 3 months. After the ACV rinsing you might want to massage your scalp a bit, though I never did that consistently. You can feel what is flexible and what is hardened.

For calcium, I'd aim at a total of 250-900mg. I seem to be getting around 250 myself from broccoli and green peas. In deficiency, calcium signals increase because of parathyroid hormone (leeching calcium from bones) but in high doses, there is also more calcium signalling. We're talking about actual deficiency, when the body receives no calcium from the diet. High doses would be good if your only goal was to grow muscles but probably makes decalcification harder. I'd try calcium pyruvate rather than carbonate, the carbonate form is high in calcified pineal glands. As for liver and seafood, they can be high in toxic metals (metalloestrogens) like cadmium, nickel and sometimes lead. Microplastics are absorbed by sea creatures, some recent studies on this. At least make sure you get the blood out of liver by putting it in milk for 12+ hours until the milk becomes pink and take calcium with it to reduce iron absorption. But yeah, I prefer the supplements without additives.

Potatoes, they contain saponins which is a class of polyphenols (estrogenic), and possibly heavy metals depending on the region. Really, white rice is untouchable. I'll make them once in a while when I crave fast food; some fries-shaped potatoes in coconut oil and heavily salted or a homemade poutine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals