Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

Elephanto

Thanks for answering.
I think there's a graph around here with serotonin content of many fruits. If I remember correctly, pineapples and plantains/bananas had the highest concentration. Oranges seemed to have very low serotonin. Are you worried about the lycopene content in some fruits like watermelon? It seems to lower DHT.

Oh okay, I didn't remember watermelon had lycopene. Yeah I would avoid those. You may be right about pineapple, there was another study showing oranges had more than most though. I treat them more like "dessert" anyway, I get most carbs from my veggies, maple syrup or a mix of maple flakes (for potassium) and white sugar when I do shakes.

OP
H

helpmyhair

No scalp inflammation. This "inflammation" may just be the feeling of blood constricted at certain areas, which go away with decalcification. Sometimes if I go on a phase of not caring about food, like eating bread, yogurt, cheese and food that increase gut bacteria, then yeah I might shed more than usual. I think the more worrisome hairs to shed are the very little ones, because I let my hair grow anyway so it's normal to lose long hairs. Then I'll just do a phase more focused on antiseptics and starch avoidance.

I don't know if Mag Citrate will irritate your stomach, never induced real pains for me but it's something you should do away from meals, before going to sleep for instance. Peat is cautious about MSM and suggests flowers of sulphur instead. It seems like a complex chemical and an unatural one too, so IDK. That said, there are testimonies of guys using specifically MSM and regrew hair. I think they would have had the same results with Taurine, also related to sulphur.

Eggs, they're simply high in tryptophan, make me feel bad. Not really related to hair loss, you could still eat them.

Vitamin E, I take this brand CocoCare, which is just vitamin E in coconut oil and there's no way to know how much I take but it's like 28 000 iU for a small bottle. I put just a little bit at the tip of a spoon and lick it. Vitamin A, pure Retinyl Palmitate powder, 5000 iu every day.

Zinc excess leading to copper depletion can induce grey hair temporarily but the real cause for most is tryptophan excess. Taking BCAA + Tyrosine, avoiding tryptophan-rich food will help more in that. You should have a copper supplement anyway when you resplenish zinc as you will need it. Or you can eat liver, which is rich in copper, but also in iron (bad) and maybe other toxic trace minerals.

All oral. Not necessarily with food, I try to get stomach acid going before like drinking some water with a bit of lemon juice in it.

Histamine is caused by bacteria. It's not surprising because they drive a lot of the processes behind hair loss, and people with high bacteria count are often bald. Avoiding starch, and using coconut oil in meals and bicarbonate sodium (a teaspoon) 45 mins after meals; should take care of that. Nature has a lot of antiseptics though. Glycine, Riboflavin (B2), Oregano Oil, Ceylon Cinnamon, Methylene Blue, Sulphur, Taurine, Lemon, Garlic, Zinc and Copper. Don't take probiotics imo, the goal is to reduce bacteria count, not increase it.

Yeah the raw carrot, maybe. The study was done with simply a raw carrot, which increased bacterias by passing undigested. But Peat's version is with coconut oil, vinegar and salt, which are antiseptics, so maybe the fact that it passes through and then colon/small intestine get access to it and so, the antiseptics that are attached to it, are what makes it good.

Watermelons are good, grapes are estrogenic. Eat them with complete meals. You don't want fruits with polyphenols or any kind of flavonoids and such, they are either estrogenic or have undesired effects despite also having anti-cancer attributes which make them popular. Like berries are full of them. Things close to a simple mix of sugar and potassium. Idk, I'd stick with watermelon, you don't need to eat a lot of them. When you stay calm you don't need to eat as much fruits, when you stress the urge appears. I had reviewed most fruits and ended up with pineapples as the most ideal, so I kinda forgot which others weren't so bad. Bananas, kiwis, tomatoes, oranges contain serotonin. Just seeing how popular orange juices are in a supermarket, and that 99% of things that are mass-marketed are bad for your health, should be a good notice. Same with milk.

Aspirin is a crutch and a bad one at that. Down the arachidonic acid (omega-6) cascade goes COX-2 and Lipoxygenase, both are very inflammatory but aspirin only takes care of COX-2. Some study show that it even increases Lipoxygenase metabolites, which are even worse for hair and prostate cancer, because it simply diverts the cascade. On this matter, a bit of omega 3 (from chia seeds for instance) is superior because it competes with arachidonic acid in general, blocking the two pathways. There's also studies on rebound effect after aspirin (more inflammation) and immune reactions. My two cents : just avoid omega-6's and fill up on coconut oil.

BTW you can add lean meat to the diet I wrote, that's basically what I was eating all along when I got good results. It's more about starch avoidance.

Thank you so much @Elephanto !! Really appreciate you helping me (and us)... you have no idea how much it means to me!

I got some apple cider vinegar yesterday and did the leave-in rinse. Instantly my scalp felt better with it on. And all today (haven't showered yet), my scalp inflammation is almost non-existent and shedding seems way lower than usual.

Okay so I will start with the Magnesium Citrate instead of the MSM. Any particular brand you recommend for Mag citrate, or just something that toxinless.com recommends? I'm in Canada btw and correct me if I'm wrong, but are you as well? So ordering from somewhere that is low on the shipping to canada would be ideal. Also advise on the which taurine, zinc, copper, etc. brands are good.

Eggs don't make me feel bad, i eat them for the nutritional value and also cause i don't know what else to eat for breakfast. Though whenever I eat eggs, I have to have orange juice as I really need it or else the eggs are difficult to eat. What is your response to @Ron J 's comment above that "oranges have very low seretonin"?

Can you ballpark how much vitamin E you are taking per day? Are both E & A vital to this regimen working? Currently i'm only taking vitamin D3 (Carlson, 4000iu daily) and K2 (Thorne, 3-5mg a few days a week).

If I'm taking the 50mg of zinc as you suggested, when should i introduce the copper and how often?

The thing with probiotics is that prior to taking them, my stomach would hurt with pretty much anything i ate. So I'm afraid to go off them. Could I still keep taking them along with the sodium bicarbonate? Also should I be getting a good brand or just whatever baking soda at the grocery store?

So I should only eat fruit meals, never on its own? Okay will cut out grapes, but I need other fruit than just watermelon because most of the time, what the stores have are not ripe enough. So hopefully you can remember what other fruit are good.. i only need one or two more really.

Should I drop aspirin completely or just take it in times of lots of scalp inflammation? Or should I buy chia seeds and eat those when my scalp is inflammed? I thought seeds were bad due to pufa.

When you say lean meat, do you mean ground meat? like ground beef or ground lamb? Or does that also include things like steak or roast beef?

Would this be my diet pretty much? Ground meat, watermelon, green peas, broccolis, cauliflowers, coconut oil and salt, white rice (once in a while with coconut oil)? Is there anything else I can eat? What do you put the maple syrup on? What drinks can I drink? Any sweets? Sometimes I eat haribo gummy bears, are they bad?

What is your take on gelatin? I have Great Lakes Collegen Hydrolysate that I take sometimes.

Thanks again!

Elephanto

Just get supps from purebulk as they don't have additives. When they're not available, get supps with the least amount of additives possible (i like to search on iherb). Gelatin may be high in iron and bacteria, get pure glycine instead but it's more for overall health, not a priority. Also don't forget blood giving, good for your hair. The vitamin A is definitely crucial. You should take like 2mg copper every week to be sure, it's complex because sometimes people don't absorb well zinc because they're already too high in copper. A sign you're low in copper is that your spine will feel kind of compressed, your back won't feel comfortable. Don't need vitamin D pills, lay under the sun and 4k iu may be too much. You can get organic maple flakes from costco and use that as carbs by the spoonful, along with frozen organic green peas there too. Red Mill's is a good brand of baking soda. Chia seeds have more than a 4:1 ratio of omega3 omega6; not a priority though. Lean meat is meat low in fat; I used to eat sole fish and chicken. Never red meat. Yes this diet is good.

Just stick with a couple of my main recommendations, you don't need to do everything perfectly to have good hair. The supps I recommended, coconut oil, baking soda and starch avoidance.

edit : Like the magnesium and apple cider, those have drastic effects. As well as the other supps. The diet is less important, like you could get away with eating anything if you still keep the coconut oil and baking soda as they will clean your gut. If you can't find good fruits you tolerate, just go with white rice covered with coconut oil.

Last edited:

Elephanto

Alright so here's a priority list for you guys, so you can focus on what made the most noticeable results in my experience and for all of this to not get overwhelming.

Actions (those are all important in my experience)

Apple cider vinegar rinsing + leaving it in your hair through the night [calcification]
Calm & controlled breathing [CO2, calcification]
Light cardio (15-25 mins) followed by muscle training [blood/oxygen flow, lymphatic system flow, igfbp3, testosterone] *don't push yourself too much
Blood giving [iron excess, igfbp3]

Supplements (none containing soy or flax)

Drastic :

Magnesium Citrate 1000-2000mg for a while at first [calcification, calcium signal excess]
(In maintenance : Magnesium Gluconate, Glycinate or Bicarbonate 300-600mg)
Coconut Oil (1-2 teaspoons with meals, sometimes 1-2 tablespoons apart from meals to clean gut) [endotoxin]
Bicarbonate Sodium 1-1.5 teaspoon (45 mins after meals) [endotoxin, CO2]

Important :

Zinc Picolinate 50mg for a while at first, then once a week or from food [estrogen, testosterone, calcium signal excess, endotoxin]
Vitamin A 5000 iU [estrogen, calcium signal excess]
Vitamin K2 Carlson 500mcg-1mg [estrogen, calcification]
Taurine 200mg with meals, sometimes 1-2g [calcification]
Vitamin B6 p-5-p 50mg a couple times a week [estrogen, calcium signal excess]
Broccoli (vitamin K, I3C) [estrogen]
Selenium (yeast-free) 80mcg (more can be deleterious to the thyroid) [estrogen]

Helpful :

B1 2mg [estrogen]
B2 2-100mg [estrogen, endotoxin]
Biotin 500mcg [hair quality]
Boron 3-9mg [calcification]
Glycine 1-5g [endotoxin, calcium signal excess]
Copper gluconate 1-2mg [to balance zinc, hair quality]
Flowers of sulphur (? amount) [endotoxin, calcification]
IP6 500mg [iron excess]
Methylene Blue 0.5ml-1ml [estrogen, endotoxin]
Niacinamide 500mg-1.5g sometimes [estrogen, endotoxin]
Other antiseptics like lemon juice in water, garlic and oregano oil

To try if nothing else works :

Molybdenum 500mcg with each meal during a chelation period [excess copper]

Last edited:

CoolTweetPete

Topical magnesium oil, T3, and vitamin A, along with scalp massages, and sufficient sun exposure have worked well.

Ron J

Oh okay, I didn't remember watermelon had lycopene. Yeah I would avoid those. You may be right about pineapple, there was another study showing oranges had more than most though. I treat them more like "dessert" anyway, I get most carbs from my veggies, maple syrup or a mix of maple flakes (for potassium) and white sugar when I do shakes.
Thanks for all the help.
From what I've seen so far, maple flakes seem to be an expensive carb source, and if it made up a significant percentage of my daily carb intake, I'd get too much manganese. If pineapples and oranges have too much serotonin and watermelon has too much lycopene, what are we left with?

Elephanto

Thanks for all the help.
From what I've seen so far, maple flakes seem to be an expensive carb source, and if it made up a significant percentage of my daily carb intake, I'd get too much manganese. If pineapples and oranges have too much serotonin and watermelon has too much lycopene, what are we left with?

Funny I was just replying again to your earlier post because I read something in the study you mention.

"Ingestion of these fruits and nuts resulted in an increase in urinary 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid excretion with no change in platelet serotonin concentration."

So I'd avoid oranges and orange juice more for the histamine-releasing property of citruses. Pineapples are pretty good to me, I like fruits with a thick shell/outer layer so any potential pesticide doesn't reach the fruit. They aren't estrogenic and they digest well, never made me fart while mangoes reliably do. White rice covered in coconut oil is also a safe choice, it won't feed bacterias if the starch has absorbed such a potent antiseptic. Had pretty good results back then, it used to be the bulk of my carbs.

I guess it depends on your meals. If you'd do a shake of casein hydrolysate with water, salt and coconut oil, you could add a tablespoon of maple flakes with 30-50g of white sugar. What makes white sugar so glycemic is the lack of potassium, so you fix it that way, as well as the fact that you're ingesting protein and fat with it, again lowering its glycemic index. Cooked/boiled/steamed organic apples seem like a pretty good choice. What I find in my experience is that you don't need as much carbs when you stay calm and have an active lifestyle. When I stress, the hunger appears. I don't know, I used to go by all Peat's principles + being sedentary and found myself hungry all the time. Especially with casein/milk, it's probably the down you get from opioids. That and juices will make your blood sugar a rollercoaster, while having regular complete meals makes you not need as much carbs. I don't calculate, but let's say I just get myself a small dessert (2-3 slices of pineapple) with my big plate of green peas and cauliflowers, and it's well enough for me. Sometimes I'll just down 2-3 tablespoons of maple flakes after and it'll be enough. Also, having a lot of bacterias really make you more hungry, you'll see as they die off. And so are any stressors that you may call excitatory (adrenaline, lustful thoughts, caffeine rush). But if you need to bulk on carbs, maybe do the shakes with white sugar or eat more white rice with your meals.

Thanks for the list. Any thoughts on increasing CO2 in the cell? I'm trying to wrap my head around this CO2/zinc/manganese balance... Check out this poster from the Fin thread: Post Finasteride Syndrome, 5ar, And The Brain

That guy seems confused, idk. Things that increase CO2 increase CO2 systematically, they don't decrease it by compensation if I go by how I feel and look. But bag breathing is more temporary and the risk of going into hypoxia is bad, it increases VEGF a protein involved in hair loss, not a fan. Bicarbonate sodium will actually replenish your CO2 stores. I think carbonated water might have a more temporary effect, it's not as efficient but I still drink it and it feels good. Just try to get it from source water and bottled in glass. Also in general doing the cardio + muscle training (squats especially) I recommend will greatly help. Your looks get more youthful and have a shine to it, akin to better oxygen/blood flow from CO2.

Elephanto

Thanks for the list. Any thoughts on increasing CO2 in the cell? I'm trying to wrap my head around this CO2/zinc/manganese balance... Check out this poster from the Fin thread: Post Finasteride Syndrome, 5ar, And The Brain

Reading his stuff more carefully, I think he simply confused what causes hair loss during the traditional Peat diet, it happened to me too (hairline regression) like 3-4 years ago. Milk in big quantity is terrible for your hair, not only for the opioids but it contains IGF-1 and like the study I posted last page, the igf1 : igfbp3 ratio is a predictor of hair loss. With growth hormone, both igf1 and igfbp3 raise proportionally, but when you ingest igf-1 you simply increase this ratio. IGFBP3 restricts excess skull growth by IGF1 which will constrict your blood at the temples first. Then also the fact that you might get diabetic with too much sugar mixed in with basically being on opioids, will also decrease your igfbp3 through pancreas/liver oxidation and insulin spikes (another igf-1 booster). Peat had a thyroid cancer, maybe he needs to overnourish just to feel okay, but in general that will participate in the hair loss process. That's why I doubt Roddy ever had some serious balding potential, his IGF-1 seemed low and his actual problem is more thyroid-related so even if he drinks a lot of milk it doesn't reach a level where your hairline recedes. And then yes, eating so much sugar will probably use up potassium. Maple flakes have a lot of potassium. But all these things he says about how the body reacts and compensates is pretty nonfactual.

Now I think he just confused one great thing about Peat's diet which is carbonated water, and thought it was part of the problem. What's really helpful about discovering Peat for hair loss sufferers is learning about omega-6, coconut oil and starch/grains/endotoxin.

Scenes

Alright so here's a priority list for you guys, so you can focus on what made the most noticeable results in my experience and for all of this to not get overwhelming.

Apple cider vinegar rinsing + leaving it in your hair through the night [calcification]
Light cardio (15-25 mins) followed by muscle training [blood/oxygen flow, lymphatic system flow, igfbp3, testosterone] *don't push yourself too much

Drastic :

Magnesium Citrate 1000-2000mg for a while at first [calcification, calcium signal excess]
Coconut Oil (1-2 teaspoons with meals, sometimes 1-2 tablespoons apart from meals to clean gut) [endotoxin]

Important :

Zinc Picolinate 50mg for a while at first, then once a week or from food [estrogen, testosterone, calcium signal excess, endotoxin]

Helpful :

B1 2mg [estrogen]
IP6 500mg [iron excess]

For the acv topical is it pure or diluted? Seems a lot of acv to fill a bowl and dip my head in it...

ivy

Drastic :

Important :

Helpful :

B1 2mg [estrogen]
IP6 500mg [iron excess]

@Elephanto, this is an excellent summary, thanks a lot!

On the subject of donating blood, would is benefit women as well or is it redundant, if they have abundant bleeding in their cycles? Does Peat go into much detail?

Also, how short do you keep your hair, and what other topical and cosmetic habits do you have? Do you shampoo at all? Have you incorporated any oils/ointments/pastes of natural origin? I'm thinking of evening primrose, emu, etc.

OP
H

helpmyhair

@Elephanto do you take the 1000mg of magnesium citrate all at once before bed? Seems like a big dose.. or do you split it throughout the day?

CoolTweetPete

Remind me ...... for maintenance, regrowth, or both?

I have certainly halted and partially reversed it. It seems to be better each time I get a haircut now. The same person always cuts my hair and she has been commenting about the change. Hairs in the front of my scalp that used to fall out early in the growth cycle now grow long and look much healthier.

I must admit I have been throwing every metabolic intervention I possibly could at this problem for 2 1/2 years now, so it could be any of those things, but these improvements have been recent and these are somewhat new additions. I think oral DeFibron has also helped quite a bit. The great @tyw once posted regarding Chinese medicine and said that hairloss is probably related to liver & kidney health.

Elephanto

@Elephanto What's the best way to take magnesium citrate? I have capsules in powder form, should I dissolve it in water?

Just swallowing capsules, or swirling the powder down your throat with water. Never dissolved it but it would probably work too.

For the acv topical is it pure or diluted? Seems a lot of acv to fill a bowl and dip my head in it...

Yeah diluted. Now I don't know the ratio, maybe just don't dilute it too much so it's still pretty acidic.

@Elephanto, this is an excellent summary, thanks a lot!

On the subject of donating blood, would is benefit women as well or is it redundant, if they have abundant bleeding in their cycles? Does Peat go into much detail?

Also, how short do you keep your hair, and what other topical and cosmetic habits do you have? Do you shampoo at all? Have you incorporated any oils/ointments/pastes of natural origin? I'm thinking of evening primrose, emu, etc.

It probably wouldn't be as important for women. If you're old, then you might have started accumulated enough iron, or if you used to mix vitamin C with iron supplements or red meat. Peat said that the fact that women menstruate is one of the main reasons they live longer, but still there could be women high in iron for specific reasons. Then women are also at risk of being low in iron which would be a cause for hair loss and brittleness. Hard to say unless you get a blood test, but if you try donating and your skin tone appears more pink and healthy, then you know you did something good. At worst you'll just replenish in iron after.

Women that lose hair are usually very estrogenic, so I'd advice progesterone (a brand that has only progesterone in it) and to use as few cosmetics as possible.

I don't keep it short, just cut it from time to time when it starts blocking my sight and to style it. I don't use any shampoo or soap, just the ACV rinsing and baking soda for my body. Be wary of natural stuff to put in your hair, they're probably estrogenic. But I know Indian women use coconut oil like a conditioner and they have great hair. Reducing the bacteria count in your head helps and ACV probably does that too.

@Elephanto do you take the 1000mg of magnesium citrate all at once before bed? Seems like a big dose.. or do you split it throughout the day?

Yes, and up to 2000. Magnesium is extremely safe, it goes against all the pathways of cancer. There could be a danger with high calcium supps, but none with magnesium since it'll just work as a calcium channel blocker. But just know that it will make you ***t liquid at these levels (maybe not 1000 though), that's why I prefer away from meals and before sleep so that effect mostly disappears through the night. It's a shock treatment, not a physiological dose like I advice after you've done it for a while.

I feel like some of recommendations by @Elephanto sort of overlap.

What do you mean ? Some supplements have different ways of addressing the same problem. Also I take the approach of putting all the odds on my side.

Last edited:

tfcjesse

Good stuff. Could you elaborate a bit more on your diet? You said you used to follow Peat's tenants closely, but have since then altered your diet (eg. less dairy?). What is your normal day's diet like (calories, protein), and do you avoid starch/dairy completely?

Squats are definitely good, even if they're tough to do with heavy weight.

Elephanto

Good stuff. Could you elaborate a bit more on your diet? You said you used to follow Peat's tenants closely, but have since then altered your diet (eg. less dairy?). What is your normal day's diet like (calories, protein), and do you avoid starch/dairy completely?

Squats are definitely good, even if they're tough to do with heavy weight.

I already did in previous posts. It's mainly green peas, with either cauliflowers or broccolis, with coconut oil and salt on them. And as a dessert, either a boiled apple with maple flakes or 2 slices of pineapple. Alternating with white rice covered in coconut oil. One guy that helped me and had amazing results ate almost only white rice covered in coconut oil. Easy to digest starch like this, when it has absorbed an antiseptic, is more than fine.

I guess I'll elaborate on something I now see as important. It's that everyone here should lay down on fructose. My big progress happened when white rice was also the bulk of my carbs. Here's why.

Fructose: It’s “Alcohol Without the Buzz”
This researcher treats in details how it is processed and how it leads to hyperinsulinemia more than glucose. Now I know starch have their own problems as per Peat but the progressively bigger insulin spikes of fructose, along with the fact that it doesn't satisfy as much (brain's reward system always wants more) means you're gonna eat more carbs than you actually need, and from a source that rises insulin more, which is bad for your hairline. Anyway read this study, there's many other arguments against eating a lot of fructose, and I think they are valid and well demonstrated.

Also here, the opioid ride doesn't stop :
Fructose-Opiate Connection

Now let's think about what a diet of "2 quarts of milk, 1 quart of orange juice" does to you, and how many people are talking about "craving" fruits as if it is a sign that it is so nutritious to them, rather than the effect of addiction.

It's hard to pinpoint what's bad in your diet until you eliminate stuff but when I switched to eating a lot of veggies, I was also dropping dairy and much reducing the amount of fruits I ate. I figured it was mostly the dairy but now I see that if you want to actually bulk on carbs, it has to be white rice, and then you add some fructose as a dessert if you want, but not as the bulking core of your diet. I'm the kind of guy that adds stuff unnecessarily, always looking for a better diet, and it's ironic that 2-3 years ago I was already on a better diet when I was bulking on white rice+coconut oil.

So like I also wrote earlier, focus more on what to avoid, and if you need more protein than my diet of veggies/rice, add lean meat or casein hydrolysate.

DuggaDugga

I already did in previous posts. It's mainly green peas, with either cauliflowers or broccolis, with coconut oil and salt on them. And as a dessert, either a boiled apple with maple flakes or 2 slices of pineapple. Alternating with white rice covered in coconut oil. One guy that helped me and had amazing results ate almost only white rice covered in coconut oil. Easy to digest starch like this, when it has absorbed an antiseptic, is more than fine.

I guess I'll elaborate on something I now see as important. It's that everyone here should lay down on fructose. My big progress happened when white rice was also the bulk of my carbs. Here's why.

Fructose: It’s “Alcohol Without the Buzz”
This researcher treats in details how it is processed and how it leads to hyperinsulinemia more than glucose. Now I know starch have their own problems as per Peat but the progressively bigger insulin spikes of fructose, along with the fact that it doesn't satisfy as much (brain's reward system always wants more) means you're gonna eat more carbs than you actually need, and from a source that rises insulin more, which is bad for your hairline. Anyway read this study, there's many other arguments against eating a lot of fructose, and I think they are valid and well demonstrated.

Also here, the opioid ride doesn't stop :
Fructose-Opiate Connection

Now let's think about what a diet of "2 quarts of milk, 1 quart of orange juice" does to you, and how many people are talking about "craving" fruits as if it is a sign that it is so nutritious to them, rather than the effect of addiction.

It's hard to pinpoint what's bad in your diet until you eliminate stuff but when I switched to eating a lot of veggies, I was also dropping dairy and much reducing the amount of fruits I ate. I figured it was mostly the dairy but now I see that if you want to actually bulk on carbs, it has to be white rice, and then you add some fructose as a dessert if you want, but not as the bulking core of your diet. I'm the kind of guy that adds stuff unnecessarily, always looking for a better diet, and it's ironic that 2-3 years ago I was already on a better diet when I was bulking on white rice+coconut oil.

So like I also wrote earlier, focus more on what to avoid, and if you need more protein than my diet of veggies/rice, add lean meat or casein hydrolysate.

Wow- talk bout propaganda.
"Hyperinsulinemia" of fructose? You realize fructose is metabolized in the liver and doesn't require insulin, right? If insulin is really your concern you may be surprised to know that grains and potatoes surpass table sugar and most fruits in glycemic index, a measure of how fast they increase blood sugar. Your whole argument is a perfect and colossal contradiction. If your angle is to avoid insulin (with no consideration to insulin-sensitivity apparently?) you would benefit greatly by doing a bit of research.

To anyone here interested in science, check out Danny Roddy. The man saved my hair. If you're trying to keep cortisol and prolactin down (which I would opine that you do), fructose is especially beneficial to maintaining glycogen stores, which when depleted stimulate cortisol and decrease conversion of T4 to T3 when depleted.

Please do your own research.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals