Hair "retention" experiences

miquelangeles

Semen retention has been discussed here several times, but what about hair retention?
Do we have any yogis, sadhus, rockers, bikers, monks or free spirits on this forum who never cut their hair and who can share their experience?
Both celibacy and growing a full beard are essential in many religions as part of their dogma (although Buddhist monks shave their heads and beards).
It is said that your hair will grow to a certain length and then stop.
What changes happen metabolically and hormonally after the hair stops growing?
Yogis say it increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility, and that the hair is an extension of the nervous system, or that it acts like an antenna.

DhtAssassin

Nothing happens, it stops growing after certain length because it's the maximum length your hair can reach before entering catagen phase. It does not matter if it's 1cm or 25cm

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Nothing happens, it stops growing after certain length because it's the maximum length your hair can reach before entering catagen phase. It does not matter if it's 1cm or 25cm
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not really convinced that nothing happens.
Hair growth is hormonally regulated, and when full growth has been achieved, it is likely to have at least a small change in the hormonal profile whether that can be measured or not.
Hair is made of proteins, lipids, water, trace elements and pigments and I'm wondering if the body will redirect these to other functions or the excess will simply be eliminated (but how is excess defined).
Couple years ago I grew a full beard for 6 months, and during that time my nails were very thick and strong, as hard as bones. Likely because my only sources of protein were seafood and lentils, but now I wonder if the full beard had any effect as well.

hunchoz

Saying things without Facts or Studies is very dangerous. Its the reason theres alot of misinformation in the world.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom