Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

inmyhead

Thinking about more than androgenic alopecia, vitamin D deficiencies effect many areas of health. Correcting a vitamin D deficiency would benefit you in many ways.

For what it's worth I had a vitamin D test before summer, then had generous sun exposure over summer, at least around 5 hours at least of 90 percent body exposure per week. My vitamin D levels were unchanged with my following blood test. Also, if you have daily washing routine you may be washing any vitamin D off your skin.

It is up to you however, to do what you what with this information, it is your health. I hope you get this worked out.

I wish it was that simple, I can provide you plenty of links to forums where people had MPB and tried vitamin D without success. There is clearly a problem with androgens. I'm VERY hairy for a guy who is 21 yo. So my hair can't handle those androgens. I wish that we already had found something which works as well as finasteride without messing you up. I actually had a dream yesterday that i took finasteride pill, hahaha. So sad.

raypeatclips

I wish it was that simple, I can provide you plenty of links to forums where people had MPB and tried vitamin D without success. There is clearly a problem with androgens. I'm VERY hairy for a guy who is 21 yo. So my hair can't handle those androgens. I wish that we already had found something which works as well as finasteride without messing you up. I actually had a dream yesterday that i took finasteride pill, hahaha. So sad.

Do you not consider it important to fix a vitamin D deficiency?

Iron Man

No, i haven't. So what means that me, my brother and other people in my family all have low vitaming D?.. I'm tired of wasting money on supplements as that's definetely not the issue. The problem is genetics
It seems that you have already closed the door on this in your mind and outlook and it's game over...

noodle

Its pretty easy to say its genetics if you dont know how to find a way out of your misery;).

Im fat, Im lazy, I got sick, ->all genetics right :p

inmyhead

Its pretty easy to say its genetics if you dont know how to find a way out of your misery;).

Im fat, Im lazy, I got sick, ->all genetics right :p

Lol, how old are you? I wish you went bald ,moron, so maybe you would understand. Or actually I dont, this thing sucks way too much for anyone to experience. I'm 21yo, i've used to do basketball, muay thai, sport is definetely not an issue, i'm trying many things and nothing seems to help. Yet, moron like you comes and talks nonsense. If you think it's that easy to cure MPB (AGA) show everyone. You would be millionaire, but you are not. You are just uneducated bum.

ExD

Lol, how old are you? I wish you went bald ,moron, so maybe you would understand. Or actually I dont, this thing sucks way too much for anyone to experience. I'm 21yo, i've used to do basketball, muay thai, sport is definetely not an issue, i'm trying many things and nothing seems to help. Yet, moron like you comes and talks nonsense. If you think it's that easy to cure MPB (AGA) show everyone. You would be millionaire, but you are not. You are just uneducated bum.

i think his point is that saying "it's genetics" is the least productive way to look at it

if you believe genetics are out of your control, what good is complaining about hair loss? if you believe they are not, what good is blaming them?

i think how he put his point across says more about him than you, but he still has a point...i don't think it matters how many different things you try, if you ultimately believe none of them will work because "it's genetics", you know?

pisser

Anyone here tried the protocol detailed by Elephanto earlier in this thread ?
I'm curious as to whether this calcification theory of MPB is true, and if it can indeed be solved (decalcification) through the different supplements he listed.

been following it for a few months and eating relatively well, and I'm very very slowly regrowing hair and no shedding has occured. Your bones will feel weak and/or ache due to the magnesium citrate, but it comes and goes and you'll eventually get used to it. This seems like it's going to take years, though, unless I really buckle down and follow the diet perfectly.

Last edited:

Manoko

been following it for a few months and eating relatively well, and I'm very very slowly regrowing hair and no shedding has occured. Your bones will feel weak and/or ache due to the magnesium citrate, but it comes and goes and you'll eventually get used to it. This seems like it's going to take years, though, unless I really buckle down and follow the diet perfectly.

Which parts of the supplement/protocol he outlined are you not following yet, I wonder? And are you 100% positive you're seeing regrowth?

pisser

Which parts of the supplement/protocol he outlined are you not following yet, I wonder? And are you 100% positive you're seeing regrowth?
I do the drastic and the important portions. But I do include biotin, msm, and copper to balance the zinc which is more important than you think. I've been thinking of giving blood or just taking IP6 to deal with the excess of iron. Oh, and I take vitamin D of course.

I'm positive I've seen regrowth, however, like I said, it's extremely little. They're like little ant legs poking out, growing ever so slightly every week, and I see the occational "ant leg" surpass the others in length. I'd say the worst part is how much money I'm spending and how I have an unhealthy attachment to my hair. I'm just worried my hair will reach a point where it won't budge any longer.

Lately my diet's been much cleaner (plenty of greens and white rice with coconut oil and especially brocolli)

kayumochi

Intermittent fasting is one of the worst things you can do for yourself as it causes an increase in stress hormones (adrenaline and cortisol), your body converts to fat metabolism which is like the opposite to what Peat says

IF, like D3 supplementation, has only been beneficial to me. I wish would stop with these dogmatic statements ...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No doubt it does with a particular population, one that I am not a part of ... evidently.
The body will hold homeostasis, till it can't. Like Ray says, "some people are a little tougher then others".

kayumochi

The body will hold homeostasis, till it can't. Like Ray says, "some people are a little tougher then others".

True. I haven't eaten SAD since 1987 and the only thing I can say for certain 30 years on is that everything changes ...

peep

Intermittent fasting destroys the metabolism.

So people living in the stone age all had destroyed metabolism? I doubt that they always had food laying around in the morning.
Dont you think they sometimes had to go hunting before having food?

I think thats a very risky statement @charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So people living in the stone age all had destroyed metabolism? I doubt that they always had food laying around in the morning.
Dont you think they sometimes had to go hunting before having food?

iu

Intermittent fasting is risky.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat on fasting:

After the liver's glycogen is depleted, fasting destroys the tissues, starting with the thymus, then the muscles and liver.
- Ray Peat

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
More from Ray Peat on fasting:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

ExD

Ray Peat on fasting:

- Ray Peat

this is sort of misleading relative to the point you made...

intermittent fasting is like what...16 hrs without food? glycogen stores can last at least 8-10 iirc... there are recorded fasts of 90+ days for people who were severely overweight, during which their metabolism actually increased because of the efficacy of ketosis relative to their body mass. i realize ketosis is a stress response, but most people aren't severely overweight and as such do not have the excess fuel required to sustain it, but the point was regarding IF, which is just over half a day, a few hours more than a good night's sleep

so stating that "intermittent fasting destroys metabolism" seems hyperbole at the very least? it's a pretty natural state for any living creature to be in at least some of the time

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals