Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

ExD

you realize it takes an adult male between 3-10 days to enter full ketosis, right? most muscle mass is lost around day 2/3... before fat takes precedent...that's 48-72 hrs without food...not 16

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
you realize it takes an adult male between 3-10 days to enter full ketosis, right? most muscle mass is lost around day 2/3... before fat takes precedent...that's 48-72 hrs without food...not 16
You do realize this is the Ray Peat forum and we are here to discuss Ray Peat's work and I have never seen him once suggest a person start fasting for health.

After the liver's glycogen is depleted, fasting destroys the tissues, starting with the thymus, then the muscles and liver. - Ray Peat
Poor thymus. :(

ExD

You do realize this is the Ray Peat forum and we are here to discuss Ray Peat's work and I have never seen him once suggest a person start fasting for health.

Poor thymus. :(

yes, i was simply pointing out that you stating "fasting destroys metabolism" is both hyperbolic and erroneous relative to the context.

i've never heard RP's opinions on IF. do you have any quotes specific to it? because i'd be interested in reading/listening to them, especially if he specifies how going more than half a day without eating anything can cause irreparable damage to one's metabolism

peep

If he is against long term fasting (=/= IF). That can be discussed.

But just saying IF destroys metabolism as a statement with nothing else whatsoever just because RP never mentioned it?
So everything RP does not mention = Bad ?

Sorry Im exaggerating. But do you really think your body is in a worse state with fasting for lets say 8-10 hours? And then refeed ofc. (Cause thats what IF is)

Luckytype

I can say with relative certainty that the 6 week cut that started my still shedding hair, despite having improved my scalp to regrow it was caused an innapropriate caloric deficit facilitated through intermittent fasting.

Before it happened I would bulk and maintain through grazing, but any deficit period would be IF just because I was mentally more clear during the day when i wasnt eating

D

danishispsychic

im sure this is not a peaty product- but swear to buddah, this thing i tried called Cocoa Locks ( its a hot cocoa powder or shake mix 0 is the only thing that grew my hair back. im talking on the top, and front and everything. i get it on ebay because it comes from the uk. when i looked at the ingredients - ( not very peaty ) it contains a lot of the same vitamins that a lot of pro thyroid supplement contain. i tried it on a whim- and have re ordered it twice now. my over all shedding is about a quarter of what i was and the top and front and super thick. i think i tried just about everything before i found this product. i am in no way affiliated with their co. just a hair growing freak....

im sure this is not a peaty product- but swear to buddah, this thing i tried called Cocoa Locks ( its a hot cocoa powder or shake mix 0 is the only thing that grew my hair back. im talking on the top, and front and everything. i get it on ebay because it comes from the uk. when i looked at the ingredients - ( not very peaty ) it contains a lot of the same vitamins that a lot of pro thyroid supplement contain. i tried it on a whim- and have re ordered it twice now. my over all shedding is about a quarter of what i was and the top and front and super thick. i think i tried just about everything before i found this product. i am in no way affiliated with their co. just a hair growing freak....

looks pretty good tho, reminds me of liver kind of:

FAQ – Cocoa Locks™
Biotin- Biotin is fantastic for almost anything to do with great hair. Whether you want a helping hand growing your hair long, to prevent shedding in order to gain thicker hair, Biotin is your go to supplement to help achieve this.

Selenium- Selenium is the go to ingredient for anti-dandruff, this is due to it fighting free radicals and promotion of the body to produce further antioxidants for faster hair growth and improvement in hair health.

Zinc- Zinc is used to prevent hair breakage and weakening. It aids with the production of oils on the scalp to ensure that the hair remains nourished and does not lead to breakage.

Vitamin A- Vitamin A helps to protect your hair follicles against damage from free radicals because it acts as an antioxidant.

Vitamin B1- Vitamin B1 is consumed to prevent slow hair growth, thin and brittle hair. Who wants to wait all that time for it to break off?

Vitamin B2- Vitamin B2 signals the body to produce essential proteins in order to repair and nourish your hair before it starts to become damaged. Consider B2 as your body’s on call repair vitamin for your hair nourishment needs.

Vitamin B3- Vitamin B3 boosts blood flow to the scalp and healthy hair growth starts there. The circulation benefits due to Vitamin B3 also aid with thickening hair. Side effects include glowing skin, that’s what we like to hear!

Pantothenic Acid (B5)- Vitamin B-5 helps to stimulate hair growth by supporting your hair's natural keratin. It helps to replace hair that was lost due to excessive shedding or breakage. Without Vitamin B-5, it would be difficult for your hair to grow at a consistent rate.

Vitamin B6- Vitamin B6 aids with red cell production, which carries oxygen to your scalp and is the glue for the B Complex vitamins to produce healthier hair.

Folic Acid (B9)- Folic Acid prevents hair thinning and hair loss and is the best vitamin for the job. This vitamin supports cell division so that your follicles can produce healthy hair. It is best used in conjunction with Vitamin B12 for optimum results (lucky you we include both).

Vitamin B12- Vitamin B12 is used to stimulate hair growth, by helping the body to develop red blood cells. This in turn helps oxygen be fed to your scalp to enjoy faster hair growth.

Vitamin C- Vitamin C is one of the most effective nutrients to aid with fast hair growth and strengthening hair. It assists the body to produce collagen, which is essential for healthy hair growth. It is also a powerful antioxidant, which helps your scalp from damage, which can cause hair loss over time.

Vitamin E- Vitamin E aids the body's blood circulation by increasing the oxygen, which leads to the body producing new hair. This antioxidant also protects your hair follicles from damage and when taken in combination with Vitamin C, your hair can improve its strength and elasticity.

D

danishispsychic

right ? i have tried and tried with the liver thing- and so many other things and it was a random purchase - and i mean, in less than one month my hair changed a LOT. MSM really makes my hair grow in length but Cocoa Locks make it thicker- I had been trying for over 2 year after a major thinning period. i love the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckytype

But what other things have you been doing to increase your health alongside this?

And if using diagnostics as an objective measure, what else has changed?

D

danishispsychic

But what other things have you been doing to increase your health alongside this?

And if using diagnostics as an objective measure, what else has changed?
this was the only thing that i added into my protocol. i do drink this tea called Dr Stuarts Liver Cleanse tea which is so bitter that it hurts, but i love it. the other thing that i use is Estroban- but added that after Cocoa Locks- and after i noticed that there were baby hairs sprouting all over my head and my ponytail was way thicker. i eat gluten free and as peaty as works for me- really mindful of pufa- as years ago i think i was the pufa queen. to answer your question, the only other thing that i have really noticed is super clear skin and stronger nails. and oh yeah- my teeth feel like they have more enamel? not sure if that is a thing- but they seem stronger.

LCohen

Started these 1 month ago. Using daily:

> Aspirin with Vitamin C (400 + 240 Mg)
> Cyproheptadine (Varies, sometime on-off)
> Famotidine (2 x 20 Mg)
> Taurine (2-3 g)
> Magnesium Citrate (300 - 700 Mg)
> Extra Salt

These are greatly reduced my hair sheddings. Back then I was driven crazy by you know androgens, estrogens, DHT. But from the moment I destroy cortisol, it started to change things.

Things are not finishing with hair. I really hate cortisol. When it's low I feel fresh, my gut & bowel is excellent, great non-stop sleep, no headaches, no stupid feelings, clear mind.

Jem Oz

Interesting/helpful thread. Lots worth trying. Have recently noticed increased shedding. Was a finasteride dupe for 8 years, quit cold turkey 7 years ago. Instantly developed hardcore PFS. Was very surprised though: no hairloss. I expected to be bald within a year.

About 4 years ago I went through the most stressful time and had a HUGE amount of shedding. Lost my lion's mane. That horrendous period is what led me to Ray Peat. As soon as I started healing, the shedding stopped (as did the PFS) and I've held onto a pretty full head of hair ever since. The recent shedding isn't extreme, but still worth wondering about. I'm gonna implement some of this thread's ideas and see what I see.

restinpeace

there is a correlation with being lean anorexic type of lean and having great hair must be related with being insulin sensitive and healthy internal organs.

Sobieski

Peating has rapidly sped up my MPB. All other health parameters are better and I feel like a different person to the wreck I was before, however my hairline is much worse off. I think the large increase in androgens (confirmed by blood tests) I've experienced is the culprit personally.

Luckytype

Peating has rapidly sped up my MPB. All other health parameters are better and I feel like a different person to the wreck I was before, however my hairline is much worse off. I think the large increase in androgens (confirmed by blood tests) I've experienced is the culprit personally.

So taking the peat part out of it, what other things do you think you have to improve upon healthwise?

Sobieski

So taking the peat part out of it, what other things do you think you have to improve upon healthwise?

I suppose apart from stopping going bald, just lowering my natural output of stress hormones and increasing production of protective hormones. So far, based on bloodwork, it's working well. However it's definitely a case of two steps forward, one step back. Like yourself, I've caused quite a few issues from ridiculous amounts of weight training, in conjunction with a high stress life and terrible (very high pufa) diet for most of my life, so I'm just trying to slowly reverse this damage the best I can.

Luckytype

I suppose apart from stopping going bald, just lowering my natural output of stress hormones and increasing production of protective hormones. So far, based on bloodwork, it's working well. However it's definitely a case of two steps forward, one step back. Like yourself, I've caused quite a few issues from ridiculous amounts of weight training, in conjunction with a high stress life and terrible (very high pufa) diet for most of my life, so I'm just trying to slowly reverse this damage the best I can.

We had made mad gains though :sob:..but yea what an idiot i was

Have you completely eliminated weight training? Or at least tried a few months without it?

Im conflicted at this point. I seriously cant find the green light for either adding aomething like preg/prog in before thyroid or along with it. I really go in circles with these theads. Super helpful but they always stop me in my tracks with second guessing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals