Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

Sobieski

We had made mad gains though :sob:..but yea what an idiot i was

Have you completely eliminated weight training? Or at least tried a few months without it?

Im conflicted at this point. I seriously cant find the green light for either adding aomething like preg/prog in before thyroid or along with it. I really go in circles with these theads. Super helpful but they always stop me in my tracks with second guessing.

Out of interest what's you goal been training-wise? size or strength? Mine was strength; the few (natural) people I know like myself that concentrate on strength I.E heavy weights, higher frequency, total body lifts etc all start falling apart at some point. Hypogonadism, hypothyroidism, mpb etc whereas my friends that do splits/pump style training are all seemingly fine with full heads of hair.

As for myself, I stopped lifting about two years ago and started doing light calisthenics. No where near as strong (I had 2.5x bodyweight deadlift for reps) but I look and feel better.

What's your training like now?

Luckytype

Out of interest what's you goal been training-wise? size or strength? Mine was strength; the few (natural) people I know like myself that concentrate on strength I.E heavy weights, higher frequency, total body lifts etc all start falling apart at some point. Hypogonadism, hypothyroidism, mpb etc whereas my friends that do splits/pump style training are all seemingly fine with full heads of hair.

As for myself, I stopped lifting about two years ago and started doing light calisthenics. No where near as strong (I had 2.5x bodyweight deadlift for reps) but I look and feel better.

What's your training like now?

Oddly I was a hypertrophy focused person. I lm definitely a pump chaser but had focuses on heavy incline db pressing, deadlift and front squat, though secondary to the whole mind muscle connection. Naturally im super imbalanced so my rear delts and upper back sorta dormant in their resting tone, my outer quad head dominates my vmo, my hamstrings dominate my quads so initially when i got back into weight training(after taking years off because of life and school at the time i was working a physical trade and i did it to improve some imbalances making my joints a little sore. That snowballs as it always does and so on.

My main pattern of behavior was doing retarded amounts of volume out enjoyment.

My training group is good haired but they are all younger than me by a few years. Oddly I notice a lot of asian women who have thinning hair. Some lift, some are the gfs of my training group. Ive seen it both ways though strength and hypertophy both bald as hell and with good hair. Hell ive even seen dudes with gyno and beer bellies have good hair so im confident this is definitely individual.

As for right now ive given it up aside from 2 sets of rowing and 3 sets for rear delts once per week. Im walking daily for a minimum of 30 minutes, usually 45-60 while working on nose breathing to hopefully help. Ive eliminated it for now to see what it does to bloodwork. After a 6 month break last year i added it back in for another six months and I think felt worse. However, my strength returned to close to 75 percent of after probably 12-16 weeks so that was awesome to know. Again though ive been feeling crappy enough to be unable to tell crappy from crappier. Im hoping the endo i am seeing in a month can provide insight...along with bromocriptine and some armour thyroid to help me break out of this cycle

Last edited:

Sobieski

Oddly I was a hypertrophy focused person. I lm definitely a pump chaser but had focuses on heavy incline db pressing, deadlift and front squat, though secondary to the whole mind muscle connection. Naturally im super imbalanced so my rear delts and upper back sorta dormant in their resting tone, my outer quad head dominates my vmo, my hamstrings dominate my quads so initially when i got back into weight training(after taking years off because of life and school at the time i was working a physical trade and i did it to improve some imbalances making my joints a little sore. That snowballs as it always does and so on.

My main pattern of behavior was doing retarded amounts of volume out enjoyment.

My training group is good haired but they are all younger than me by a few years. Oddly I notice a lot of asian women who have thinning hair. Some lift, some are the gfs of my training group. Ive seen it both ways though strength and hypertophy both bald as hell and with good hair. Hell ive even seen dudes with gyno and beer bellies have good hair so im confident this is definitely individual.

As for right now ive given it up aside from 2 sets of rowing and 3 sets for rear delts once per week. Im walking daily for a minimum of 30 minutes, usually 45-60 while working on nose breathing to hopefully help. Ive eliminated it for now to see what it does to bloodwork. After a 6 month break last year i added it back in for another six months and I think felt worse. However, my strength returned to close to 75 percent of after probably 12-16 weeks so that was awesome to know. Again though ive been feeling crappy enough to be unable to tell crappy from crappier. Im hoping the endo i am seeing in a month can provide insight...along with bromocriptine and some armour thyroid to help me break out of this cycle
Lucky Type, What is your diet like now? Macro split/starch intake etc etc?

Luckytype

Lucky Type, What is your diet like now? Macro split/starch intake etc etc?
Its pretty much always been similar to this macro split wise aside from protein being higher in the past and starch higher in the past...taking into account several years of anti nutrition.

I try to hover(sorta) around a 25ish:25ish:50ish of protein fat carb split. I favor fats to proteins sometimes though

Currently:
100ish g protein - mainly collagen peptides, cheese, kefir, liver, eggs here and there ocassional red meat and scallops
No less than 70g fat, typically less than 2g pufa, mainly dairy fat and mainly satfats like butter and coconut oil.
Carbs are like 350-450 per day, mixes of he sugars in dairy, dates, seasonal fruit, oj, sugar pepsi, darkchocolate, haagen vanilla, stuff like that

Odd items are mushrooms, salt, supplementals of fat sols

My cheaty craving foods are like gluten free pizza from wegmans, pho soup, jacksons honest chips, coconut oil oven fries. I notice is tend to only each intentional starches when im craving them.

Sobieski

And @Sobieski have you considered vey small amounts of thyroid or preg/prog? My reasonable mind is tell me thats likely what my sticking point is from an energy perspective

I've used preg/prog and dhea. A lifetime of high pufa meant I'd started to look very old for my age, then when I started peating and discovered preg I started taking it and it caused the face lift effect that people talk about and knocked about 5 years off my appearance. It doesn't really do anything now so I stopped taking it (although I still look younger than before it might just be down to lifestyle etc).

Progesterone I take infrequently and in small doses. Maybe 3-6 mg a time and 1-2 a week. It's very androgenic for me like this. Higher libido, harder erections deeper voice, lower stress. The problem is too frequent dosing makes me too care free and uninhibited. Start acting out of character and doing/saying things I normally wouldn't, not caring if I upset people etc. I haven't taken it long enough to experience the anti-androgenic sides so I can't comment on that.

DHEA is difficult. Very small doses (1-2 mg) seems to increase the benefits of prog, but too much DHEA makes me very prone to bursts of anger (like how I was as a teenager). I think this indicates a high estrogen state. I stick to no more than 3-4mg a week. I imagine my tolerance/need for these hormones will increase as I age.

I haven't started down the Thyroid route but maybe it's something for the future.

Arrade

Just thought I'd add what I'm taking and what I might add:
36,000 iu Vit D daily
10,000 iu Vit A daily
Lef K + mk7 (will change to 90 mg mk4 daily)
Sometimes olive oil head massage, makes my hair softer
Topical magnesium chloride oil ED
Biotin 10,000 mg occasionally

Things to add:
Apple Cider Vinegar soak
Taurine
Daily Scalp massage exercise
Possibly VitaminE?
Possibly Zinc?
Possibly MSM?
Possibly dermapen
Homemade version of L'oreal hairmass: Nestle and L'Oreal and Hairloss

Brotzu lotion when available (will still supplement other things in hope of correcting some vitamin imbalance/decalcification)

Scenes

Anyone seen and got thoughts on Nathan Hatch’s (peat inspired writer) ‘cure’ for hairloss from his new book?

Basically about getting your kynurenine pathway going and converting tryptophan to nad. Claiming that as the cure to mpb.

Progesterone

Anyone seen and got thoughts on Nathan Hatch’s (peat inspired writer) ‘cure’ for hairloss from his new book?

Basically about getting your kynurenine pathway going and converting tryptophan to nad. Claiming that as the cure to mpb.

Bump

Arrade

I don't feel like buying his book. Not that it isn't a good one

Arnold Grape

Could you please elaborate?
Yes, I basically had estrogen symptoms that lasted all day. My take is that Progest-e is very powerful, as per my previous experiments with it and I do not need that much hormone in my system at once. I think Pansterone converts a lot to progesterone, in my case.

Has anyone here actually been able to stop further hairloss? Have you drastically reduced your shedding?

Please share with us what you did to stop it. Would help a lot of here who are struggling.
Yes, I stopped my hairloss.
What I did was the following:

stopped smoking weed and alcohol,
fix overactive prostate and overactive testosterone/estrogen with:
-green tea,
-nettle root and
-beta-sitosterol,
-hemp oil,
-coconut oil.
-exercise.

I will explain:

-green tea: has 5-alpha reductase and Catechins's, these help displacing estradiol from SHBG plus reducing conversion of T into DHT.*
-nettle root: aromatase inhibitor and 5AR and helps block DHT from prostate.
-Beta sitosterol, component of nettle root/saw palmetto: displaces DHT and estradiol from SHBG, helping excretion from the body. helps healing enlarged prostate.
-hemp oil: contains GLA fatty acids, converts to DGLA, these suppress the inflammatory Prostaglandins E2 from the prostate.
-coconut oil: to protect against PUFA's and also helps against excess DHT from 5A Reductase.
-and sport to maintain health and increase healing process

*combining aromatase inhibitor with 5alpha inhibitors will reduce conversion of T into Estradiol and also regulating DHT.

crestind

Many moons ago there was a brief bit of hoopla on television about a product called Latisse. It was marketed to increased the growth of eyelashes on women among all things. Surprisingly it apparently did in fact work quite well by most accounts. What's more surprising is how rarely this product is mentioned online.

Bimatoprost - Wikipedia

Get some, spray some on your balding areas and report back. Perhaps the more educated people here can derive some insights into the cause of hairloss based on the above Wiki description of the chemical itself ("a prostaglandin analog")?

Many moons ago there was a brief bit of hoopla on television about a product called Latisse. It was marketed to increased the growth of eyelashes on women among all things. Surprisingly it apparently did in fact work quite well by most accounts. What's more surprising is how rarely this product is mentioned online.

Bimatoprost - Wikipedia

Get some, spray some on your balding areas and report back. Perhaps the more educated people here can derive some insights into the cause of hairloss based on the above Wiki description of the chemical itself ("a prostaglandin analog")?
Interestingly
Prostaglandins are Prostamides -> synthesised from Anandamide a cannabinoid derived from Arachidonic acid a PUFA.

Recent studies strongly suggest that the cannabinoid system is a key player in cell growth control. Since the organ-culture of human hair follicles (HF) offers an excellent, clinically relevant model for complex tissue interaction systems, we have asked whether the cannabinoid system plays a role in hair growth control. Here, we show that human scalp HF, intriguingly, are both targets and sources of endocannabinoids. Namely, the endocannabinoid N-arachidonoylethanolamide (anandamide, AEA) as well as the exocannabinnoid delta (9) -tetrahydrocannabinol dose-dependently inhibited hair shaft elongation and the proliferation of hair matrix keratinocytes, and induced intraepithelial apoptosis and premature HF regression (catagen). These effects were inhibited by a selective antagonist of cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1). In contrast to CB2, CB1 was expressed in a hair cycle-dependent manner in the human HF epithelium. Since we successfully identified the presence of endocannabinoids in human HF, our data strongly suggest that human HF exploit a CB1-mediated endocannabinoid signaling system for negatively regulating their own growth. Clinically, CB1 agonists may therefore help to manage unwanted hair growth, while CB1 antagonists might counteract hair loss. Finally, human HF organ culture offers an instructive, physiologically relevant new research tool for dissecting "nonclassical" effects of endocannabinoids and their receptor-mediated signaling in general.
Inhibition of human hair follicle growth... (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/public..._follicle_growth_by_endo-_and_exocannabinoids [accessed May 23 2018].

Also TRPV-1 activated by Cannabinoids or capsaicin is a hairgrowth inhibitor
Anandamide and the vanilloid receptor (TRPV1). - PubMed - NCBI

A hot new twist to hair biology: involvement of vanilloid receptor-1 (VR1/TRPV1) signaling in human hair growth control. - PubMed - NCBI
The vanilloid receptor-1 (VR1, or transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 receptor, TRPV1) is activated by capsaicin, the key ingredient of hot peppers. TRPV1 was originally described on sensory neurons as a central integrator of various nociceptive stimuli. However, several human skin cell populations are also now recognized to express TRPV1, but with unknown function. Exploiting the human hair follicle (HF) as a prototypic epithelial-mesenchymal interaction system, we have characterized the HF expression of TRPV1 in situ and have examined TRPV1 signaling in organ-cultured human scalp HF and outer root sheath (ORS) keratinocytes in vitro. TRPV1 immunoreactivity was confined to distinct epithelial compartments of the human HF, mainly to the ORS and hair matrix. In organ culture, TRPV1 activation by capsaicin resulted in a dose-dependent and TRPV1-specific inhibition of hair shaft elongation, suppression of proliferation, induction of apoptosis, premature HF regression (catagen), and up-regulation of intrafollicular transforming growth factor-beta(2). Cultured human ORS keratinocytes also expressed functional TRPV1, whose stimulation inhibited proliferation, induced apoptosis, elevated intracellular calcium concentration, up-regulated known endogenous hair growth inhibitors (interleukin-1beta, transforming growth factor-beta(2)), and down-regulated known hair growth promoters (hepatocyte growth factor, insulin-like growth factor-I, stem cell factor). These findings strongly support TRPV1 as a significant novel player in human hair growth control, underscore the physiological importance of TRPV1 in human skin beyond nociception, and identify TRPV1 as a promising, novel target for pharmacological manipulations of epithelial growth disorders.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals