Anyone Gone From Really Bad Health To Really Good Health Using Peat Ideas?

Zachs

Yes. My experience is too long to share here but went from almost crippled from inflammation, fat, no libido, chest pains, hypo to what I am today which I would say is pretty near optimal.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Zachs said:
Yes. My experience is too long to share here but went from almost crippled from inflammation, fat, no libido, chest pains, hypo to what I am today which I would say is pretty near optimal.

Awesome. If you ever have time to share, I'd love to read it.

javacody

Me too.

Peat recommends fruit as the safest calorie source. He recommends OJ for people who don't have access to good fruit. In late 2011, simply just drinking some quality OJ from the suggestion from Peat's work, when I was still in the paleo low carb dogma and really afraid of sugar, made me feel so much better. The idea of getting most of my calories from OJ/fruit instead of meat/fat made a huge difference. You have to realize though, that Peat's work goes far beyond diet. Things like serotonin, estrogen, red light etc. are very important. Body temp. and pulse are really important.

pboy

I already naturally did a lot of what he suggested but when I really begin understanding his work...like westside said above its well beyond diet, it helped me grow and take health to another level. Probably the most significant thing is no GI distress

my good Cody, you're jacked man!

OP
F

FredSonoma

Westside PUFAs said:
Peat recommends fruit as the safest calorie source. He recommends OJ for people who don't have access to good fruit. In late 2011, simply just drinking some quality OJ from the suggestion from Peat's work, when I was still in the paleo low carb dogma and really afraid of sugar, made me feel so much better. The idea of getting most of my calories from OJ/fruit instead of meat/fat made a huge difference. You have to realize though, that Peat's work goes far beyond diet. Things like serotonin, estrogen, red light etc. are very important. Body temp. and pulse are really important.

Isn't the serotonin and estrogen taken care of mostly from the diet?

In terms of monitoring body temp and pulse, where do I start?

javacody

pboy said:
I already naturally did a lot of what he suggested but when I really begin understanding his work...like westside said above its well beyond diet, it helped me grow and take health to another level. Probably the most significant thing is no GI distress

That's Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 60s. That's what I want to look like. But at 41, I think maybe the ship has already sailed!

tara

javacody said:
pboy said:

That's Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 60s. That's what I want to look like. But at 41, I think maybe the ship has already sailed!
Probably just as well. You might lose some of your admirers. :)

pboy

lol I was joking...of course its Arnold. He did take roids though, so unless you are willing to its probably impossible to look like that

javacody

pboy said:
lol I was joking...of course its Arnold. He did take roids though, so unless you are willing to its probably impossible to look like that

Clomid + pregnenelone + DHEA FTW?

Pboy, what would you take from a Peat perspective to push hormones in that direction? Maybe to look more like Gerard Butler in 300?

Nicholas

FredSonoma said:
Westside PUFAs said:

Peat views hormone stabilization to be a process that extends beyond nutrition and into your lifestyle as well. And even beyond that, he believes that the thought process towards living must be correct to even stabilize nutrition and lifestyle. However, he does not prescribe one umbrella view of living except to "perceive, think, act". I believe that his sum goal is to expand people's ability to *perceive* while at the same time not declaring that he is the only source.

To monitor body temp. and pulse, you want to first take readings on your current way of living. Pulse and temp *together* upon waking, 20min. after breakfast, and 20min. after lunch. Also keep record of how you feel when you take these readings. All readings need to be taken while sitting and not following any physical activity or sitting in the sun. Once you've monitored pulse and temp with your current way of living for like a week, then you can begin monitoring both as you make new actions. While temp. and pulse can reveal a lot, sometimes there is a disparity between the readings and how you feel. It might take time to assess which is accurate. In other words, if you consistently feel well and exhibit no signs of dysfunction....and the temp and pulse consistently point to there being an issue, i would go with how you feel.

You can find all kinds of info. on the forum about how to interpret the readings. In general, pulse should be between 70 and 85. Some may disagree with this and say that even up in the 90s is good - but i found that for me any pulse above 85 also correlated with a feeling of stress. Body temperature should be 98.6 - but even a reading like 98.2 is pretty good. If your pulse is higher than optimal and your body temperature is normal or high then it could be that a stress response in your body is artificially raising body temperature. The end goal is to get to where the three readings a day are both the optimal readings and are the same at every reading. Sometimes there will be anomalies that are unexplainable...so just proceed.

Stabilizing temp. and pulse and getting them optimal is basically a process of balancing the body....there are so many variables to look at in bringing balance. I imagine it this way: the more consistency and non-inflammatory balance i bring to the table, the more the body feels able to expend energy on the more "elite" way of functioning: oxidative metabolism. This is all you have to concern yourself with - creating that framework by which the cells are unencumbered and not lacking in provisions. If that framework is there, then the cells can do their job on their own and create healing/optimal functioning in the order and intensity that they desire.

The breakfast and lunch readings should be the first two readings to stabilize and get optimal. Usually the last reading to get optimal and stable is the reading upon waking. I'm sure there are others here who could give more pointers for interpreting different combos of readings.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Nicholas said:
FredSonoma said:
Westside PUFAs said:

Peat views hormone stabilization to be a process that extends beyond nutrition and into your lifestyle as well. And even beyond that, he believes that the thought process towards living must be correct to even stabilize nutrition and lifestyle. However, he does not prescribe one umbrella view of living except to "perceive, think, act". I believe that his sum goal is to expand people's ability to *perceive* while at the same time not declaring that he is the only source.

To monitor body temp. and pulse, you want to first take readings on your current way of living. Pulse and temp *together* upon waking, 20min. after breakfast, and 20min. after lunch. Also keep record of how you feel when you take these readings. All readings need to be taken while sitting and not following any physical activity or sitting in the sun. Once you've monitored pulse and temp with your current way of living for like a week, then you can begin monitoring both as you make new actions. While temp. and pulse can reveal a lot, sometimes there is a disparity between the readings and how you feel. It might take time to assess which is accurate. In other words, if you consistently feel well and exhibit no signs of dysfunction....and the temp and pulse consistently point to there being an issue, i would go with how you feel.

You can find all kinds of info. on the forum about how to interpret the readings. In general, pulse should be between 70 and 85. Some may disagree with this and say that even up in the 90s is good - but i found that for me any pulse above 85 also correlated with a feeling of stress. Body temperature should be 98.6 - but even a reading like 98.2 is pretty good. If your pulse is higher than optimal and your body temperature is normal or high then it could be that a stress response in your body is artificially raising body temperature. The end goal is to get to where the three readings a day are both the optimal readings and are the same at every reading. Sometimes there will be anomalies that are unexplainable...so just proceed.

Stabilizing temp. and pulse and getting them optimal is basically a process of balancing the body....there are so many variables to look at in bringing balance. I imagine it this way: the more consistency and non-inflammatory balance i bring to the table, the more the body feels able to expend energy on the more "elite" way of functioning: oxidative metabolism. This is all you have to concern yourself with - creating that framework by which the cells are unencumbered and not lacking in provisions. If that framework is there, then the cells can do their job on their own and create healing/optimal functioning in the order and intensity that they desire.

The breakfast and lunch readings should be the first two readings to stabilize and get optimal. Usually the last reading to get optimal and stable is the reading upon waking. I'm sure there are others here who could give more pointers for interpreting different combos of readings.

Thanks a lot Nicholas, really appreciate the pointers. I just started taking pulse / temp 3 times a day 2 days ago, in a week or so hopefully I'll be able to figure out more from it!

Giraffe

Nicholas said:
Body temperature should be 98.6 - but even a reading like 98.2 is pretty good.
Hashimoto’s, Antibodies, Temperature and Pulse KMUD, 2013 (Transcribed by Burtlancast)

HD: Ok. How about, if the temperature is higher than 98.6 in the afternoon, and the pulse is over 100 ?
RP: The brain and the immune system, for example, the optimum temperature seems to be around 101, maybe even a little higher.

HD: I remember you saying that if you don’t reach 98.6 , it means your immune system doesn’t run at its maximum capacity ?
RP: Probably. And usually you can see some evidence in your blood test, that there’s unnecessarily high TSH, or other pituitary hormones, indicating that you’re driving your endocrine system and immune system unnecessarily hard. When things are running very smoothly on the cellular level, your endocrine and immune systems don’t have to do very much. The tissue cells take care of things all by themselves.

javacody

Great quote Giraffe.

Getting those temps up is very, very important.

I've been focusing on my liver for the past few days and getting lots of sun, and both of those have me basically feeling like I'm cooking. Cooking everything in coconut oil and mixing carbs, coconut oil, and cheese seems to really do it for me. I don't even bother taking my temp anymore. I can feel when it's low and I can feel when it's normal. Normal feels warm to me now, though.

Even though I can get my temp up, I'm still not sleeping well and I feel very fatigued. Curious if anyone else has found their way out of fatigue.

Nicholas

good quote.

javacody - i think the biggest thing is the PROCESS. Are you tracking your pulse as well? Remember what temp. and pulse represent. You can't raise a low body temp. in a week. Or even a month. Well, you can - but if you do it's coming out of imbalance/stress. The body doesn't adjust its metabolic rate that quickly. I don't think the goal should be to raise body temp. or get pulse optimal. The goal should be to get things balanced - and the readings will only confirm what you already know or can help reveal things you didn't. If the body's balanced, temp. and pulse will raise/stabilize **on their own**. Remember that the body does things the way it wants to - we can only create an environment to help it do what it already knows how to do.

fatigue is usually a sign of imbalance, not regulating blood sugar properly (eating enough and frequently enough), not eating digestible foods, or all the myriad of lifestyle variables.

Constatine

I don't want to go too much into it but yes. My life is 10x better now than it ever has been.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals