Lactoferrin Is Awesome

Peatful

@Captain_Coconut

Pragmatically-
Are you planning on taking this indefinitely?
On/off sporadically?
Wean or titrate?

I wonder if the effects are cumulative and lasting-
Or if benefits are only experienced when activity taking?

So-
Please update down the road.
I’d love to hear your continued journey.

I greatly appreciate your original post- or I would never had heard of this to research for myself.

OP
Captain_Coconut
@Captain_Coconut

Pragmatically-
Are you planning on taking this indefinitely?
On/off sporadically?
Wean or titrate?

I wonder if the effects are cumulative and lasting-
Or if benefits are only experienced when activity taking?

So-
Please update down the road.
I’d love to hear your continued journey.

I greatly appreciate your original post- or I would never had heard of this to research for myself.

My plan is to take it off and on. It made some good improvements to my general health after the first month on it. After about 3 weeks I think progress slowed somewhat. It definitely is effective at chelating iron, as I got some restless leg like symptoms after 3 weeks, which tells me that 2 pills a day was too much. My next bottle is in the mail and when it arrives my plan is to take one pill, 4 days a week.

Last edited:

tara

Peatful

Last edited:

tara

Iron accuhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3268125/pdf/nihms202125.pdfmulation in deep brain nuclei in migraine: A population-based Magnetic Resonance Imaging study
Just started to have a quick look at PDF, will read more later. Interesting, thanks.

I’m trying this for my migraines.
Have you ever done so?
I've not tried it. Could be another avenue to pursue.
I'll be interested to hear if you think it makes a difference to you in coming months.

Goobz

In academia everyone wants to be remembered for having some special key contributions. It is a kind of existential urge to hang one’s hat on an idea, to center around a certain idea as one's legacy. This existential urge sadly makes for a lot of bias, most are very reluctant to abandon one’s ‘key contribution’. I think all the expert types we refer to on this forum are guilty of this, and that is why it is important for us to listen to multiple sources. We don’t need to hang our hat on some idea to be remembered by or struggle to look really smart to others, we just need to get healthy.

This is one of the truest and most helpful statements I've read on this forum, thank you

magnesiumania

Cant say ive noted anything i can atteibute to apolactoferrin. However last time i had a bottle my hemoglobin was high. In the Root Cause Protocol its recommended to use when HGB is low...

stsfut

My Seb Derm on face has been crazy since using it. I’m hoping its one of those “it gets worse before it gets better) type of thing.

iso1

is it possible to get iron overload from bovine lactoferrin? i really dont feel well while on it...

tommyg130

So
I started taking apolactoferrin 7 days ago. I have been taking 300mg morning and night. I plan to switch to just 300mg daily after a month. I have felt like my overall health plateaued about 8 months ago. Peating helped me get myself from feeling terrible to feeling generally better, and all of the progress I made was in a matter of maybe 6 months, but then things stalled. I have been doing a lot to get myself to improve from being stuck at feeling 80% my best. With the apolactoferrin it took about 5 days for me to really notice something had changed. Now I feel a sudden relief, like a normal feeling of health that I haven’t felt in several years. It is hard to place how I feel better exactly, it is just less of a fatigued feeling overall, I plan to update here in the weeks and months to come if I see further improvements. Most noteworthy so far is that I have seen spontaneous healing in my finger. My finger got jammed about 5 months ago, it swelled up to about double the size and instead of it healing over the course of a few weeks (like how my body used to heal in my 20s) it just got stuck in an inflammed state. Just before starting the apolactoferrin the finger was still noticeably larger and had dull pain if I bent it too far. Now in just one week the swelling has gone down to the point where it looks almost completely normal again. I’m pretty amazed because nothing I tried from my arsenal of tools was able to bring any relief to this and I had started to think it was past the point of being healed. This experience has me convinced that much of my struggle with health is at the root a matter of iron disregulation.
so in theory lactoferrin could
Help with both iron defeciency or iron overload?

Peachy

I may try lactoferrin with my dad’s chemo-induced low hemoglobin. Anyone have any brand recommendations? I scanned the thread but didn’t notice any.

Updated: noticed OP was taking Life Extension. Any other recommendations welcome.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals